PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PRESEASON GAME DAY THREAD (8/22): Patriots vs. Saints

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I'd have a hard time seeing Bolden not make the team. He's got the capacity to be the lead back in an injury scenario, at least in NE's RBBC system where the term is used loosely. He also is a major ST contributor and an experienced vet who's making reasonable money.

@strngplyr's analysis makes a lot of sense in the Devlin vs. Hooman debate. Perhaps Chandler was brought in to help make Hooman more expendable, although I've always thought that he would remain as the TE3. I suppose it's not out of the realm of possibility that we could keep them both under the following proposal:

QB-2
RB-6 (including Devlin as a FB)
WR-5
TE-3
OL-9

= 25 on offense

I really do believe that I talked myself into 2TE+Develin in my post as what we ultimately go with. It makes a lot of sense in my head. I'm glad a few agree.

So many here question what Hoomans value is, and personally, I share that question. I don't think he's any better of a blocker than Develin, they'll never hand Hooman the ball at the one, and frankly, we seem to pass to Develin before Hooman anyways.

Hooman and Develin are sharing redundant roles in a sense, but Hooman does less and does his less worse than Develin.

I really believe it'd be a shame to keep Hooman over any of Bolden, Lewis, or Develin, who all have roles which produce yardage in various ways that are greater than that of Hooman.

We don't have room for all 3 of Hoohah, Bolden & Develin. I still want a TE3 but would rather have a more athletic type like Jimmay Mundine. So to me it should be a Bolden v Develin issue, but I'm fairly sure that Bill doesn't see it the same way.

I'd like Mundine, but do you value him over Lewis, White, Bolden, or Develin? Because we seem to have 6 players worth keeping in the backfield and I only see 2 TE's more valuable than any of those names.

And JimMAY MunDINE (I just love how its pronounced) is not one of those names, either. I don't think he's shown enough to be claimed to a 53 man roster but he has shown enough to land on our PS.

I agree that Mundine is very likely to clear waivers, and that he should then be re-signed to the PS.

I also agree that I would keep all of Lewis, White, Bolden & Develin ahead of Hoohah.

What I'm fearing is that Lewis is cut in order to keep Hoohah, and that would be a shame, but I wonder
if Bill will keep 6 FB/RBs.

I really do believe that I talked myself into 2TE+Develin in my post as what we ultimately go with. It makes a lot of sense in my head. I'm glad a few agree.

So many here question what Hoomans value is, and personally, I share that question. I don't think he's any better of a blocker than Develin, they'll never hand Hooman the ball at the one, and frankly, we seem to pass to Develin before Hooman anyways.

Hooman and Develin are sharing redundant roles in a sense, but Hooman does less and does his less worse than Develin.

I really believe it'd be a shame to keep Hooman over any of Bolden, Lewis, or Develin, who all have roles which produce yardage in various ways that are greater than that of Hooman.

You have made a very compelling argument. It will be interesting to see how Belichick chooses. If it comes down to the scenario that we've discussed, I am fully on board with your proposal. Good stuff, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back