4. LaRon Landry 68.5 *
5. Josh Gattis 67.04(PD) 66.51(C)
6. Gerald Alexander 66.04(C)
7. Melvin Bullitt 66
8. Daren Stone 65.55(PD) 63(C)
9. Piscitelli 63.52(C)
10. Michael Johnson 62.59(PD) 57.6(C)
11. Michael Griffin 62(C)
12. Aaron Rouse 61.01 (had to combine his PD and C numbers to creat one formular)
13. Marvin White 59.56 (had to combine his PD and C numbers to creat one formular)
14. Eric Weddle 55.05 (had to combine his PD and C numbers to creat one formular)
15. Brandon Meriweather = 55.03(C)

Key:

* C - Combine workouts
* PD - Pro Day workouts

Last edited:
Not part of this thread, but just to throw in a DE/LB who was impressive:

Brian Robison DE Texas

His Power/Explosion numbers are through the roof at 77.51(C)

His 40 minus short shuttle is good, too: .41(C)

Interesting stuff. One critique: I don;t believe Landry benched at the combine, and registered only 3 legitimate benches out of 20 according to the official spotter at the LSU pro day. He wasn't extending his arms. So his explosion number on this list is not accurate.

Interesting stuff. One critique: I don;t believe Landry benched at the combine, and registered only 3 legitimate benches out of 20 according to the official spotter at the LSU pro day. He wasn't extending his arms. So his explosion number on this list is not accurate.

John Murphy
20 bench reps of 225 pounds

Last edited:
Here are the pro day numbers from LSU. You will see a (-15) next to Landry's bench #. That indicates 15 of his "reps" were illegitimate according to the official spotter. Either you do a rep, or you don't. http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/LSUproday.html

As a compromise, let's say he did the equivalent of around 15 legitimate reps. That puts him behind several other safety prospects on your list.

Last edited:
Here are the official pro day numbers from LSU. You will see a (-15) next to Landry's bench #. That indicates 15 of his "reps" were illegitimate according to the official spotter. Either you do a rep, or you don't. http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/LSUproday.html

As a compromise, let's say he did the equivalent of around 15 legitimate reps. That puts him behind several other safety prospects on your list.

Ok, well that's good to know, but it's still more than 3;)

I'll put an * next to his. So, they only counted 5 out of 20 reps?

got another source?

Last edited:
No offense to the expert who did this, but how can athletes running around in shorts in a noncontact environment tell you anything about explosion and power on the field in game conditions?

The only way to get this information, prior to drafting a player is by watching film.

No offense to the expert who did this, but how can athletes running around in shorts in a noncontact environment tell you anything about explosion and power on the field in game conditions?

The only way to get this information, prior to drafting a player is by watching film.

Did you notice who had the highest scores in '05?

1. Luis Castillo 77
2. Shawne Merriman 75
3. Demarcus Ware 75
4. Derek Wake 75
5. Darryl Blackstock 74
6. David Pollack 72
7. Bryant McFadden 72
8. Justin Tuck 72
9. Fabian Washington 70

It's not full proof at all, but it's no less valid than any other formula in use.

And people wonder why I like Wendling...
I liked him as a prospect before and I didn't know about these stats at the time! Kinda confirms that he's got the prototypical physical attributes you'd want in a safety though.

And people wonder why I like Wendling...
I liked him as a prospect before and I didn't know about these stats at the time! Kinda confirms that he's got the prototypical physical attributes you'd want in a safety though.

Yup, as I just said to someone on ESPN I've liked Wendling all along, so I like that he's at the top in the Power/Explosion test, as well.

I also like that Woodley test out well.

Jon Pope, Safety, Oregon:

Power/Explosion: 36" vertical, 34 reps at 225, 10'-6" broad jump, power explosion score of over 80 on Kirwan's scale

His speed differential is: .44 (4.69 40 [also ran a 4.52 at pro day], and 4.25 short shuttle)

Madison Miller, DE, Indiana State

Power/Exposion: 35" vertical, 20 reps at 225, 10' broad jump, power/explosion score of 65.

Speed differential is: .38 (4.52 40 [4.48 by dolphins], 4.32 short shuttle at Purdue Pro day)

I believe the speed differential is flawed because it doesn't take the 3 cone into consideration, the three cone is something that truly judges change of direction and explosion. However, I also wanted to let patriots fans know that they have circled in on Pope as a potential UFA who will play excellent special teams. PM me if you want more info on him

Jon Pope, Safety, Oregon:

Power/Explosion: 36" vertical, 34 reps at 225, 10'-6" broad jump, power explosion score of over 80 on Kirwan's scale

His speed differential is: .44 (4.69 40 [also ran a 4.52 at pro day], and 4.25 short shuttle)

Madison Miller, DE, Indiana State

Power/Exposion: 35" vertical, 20 reps at 225, 10' broad jump, power/explosion score of 65.

Speed differential is: .38 (4.52 40 [4.48 by dolphins], 4.32 short shuttle at Purdue Pro day)

I believe the speed differential is flawed because it doesn't take the 3 cone into consideration, the three cone is something that truly judges change of direction and explosion. However, I also wanted to let patriots fans know that they have circled in on Pope as a potential UFA who will play excellent special teams. PM me if you want more info on him

Where did you get those numbers for Jon Pope? I can't find any numbers for him at Oregon's Pro Day, and I can't find any Combine numbers for him. I only count Pro Day and Combine numbers, because they are at least somewhat official. Seriously though, I can't find jack about the guy, anywhere. I know he was both a LB and a Safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back