PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post your thoughts on the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Kevin Faulks postgame quote. He was told by Randy not to extend the hands and just let the ball land in the breadbasket. This seems like a decent approach to prevent telegraphing to the defender that the pass is almost there. Who knows...

That is a good strategy, but the defenders are obviously keying on that, because he has had several balls batted out of his hands. And on a few of them, had he gone up and got it, he most likely would have come down with it. I realize that is speculation, but he doesn't seem to be going after the ball with the same enthusiasm as he did last year. Remember the Jets game (?) last year where he went up over the defender and caught the ball in front of the guys face mask? By not going up for the ball and grabbing it at its highest point he minimizes one of his biggest advantages, his height. I'm not saying he isn't playing well, I just think he could put a little more effort on some plays.

Last edited:
I thought this was Cassel's best performance of the season.

Where was Watson? Maybe they are hiding him from Colts or Bills scouts. :confused:

I would've liked to have seen BJGE get some more carries. He had nowhere to run on that last series he was involved in. But I assume the offensive gameplan was to focus on the passing game. Cassel lined up in shotgun a lot, especially in second half.

The young secondary is fun to watch. The only big play they gave up was Sanders' fault.

Front seven seems to have shaken off their poor perfomance against SD, and they are putting pressure on the QB. Seymour and Thomas stood out. :cool:

Seymour and Thomas were men amongst boys. Thomas almost singlehandedly turned the game around in the second quarter.

Cassel had a GREAT game for him. He was accurate, he still held onto the ball a little too long but seemed to scramble when the time was right.

The coaching staff deserves A+ for the offensive game plan. I have to admit I thought that they would take the air out of the ball, but they had Cassel trhrowing the short and intermediate stuff.

Welker is perfect for this offense.

The defensive backfield will be the difference between the playoffs and golf. I know this is sacrilige but Ellis Hobbs just isn't that good, and he is a drama queen on top of it. Deltha O'Neil makes Ellis look good. On the play he made the inetrception Deltha was burnt like toast, St Louis just threw it to the wrong reciever.

What happened to the exotic blitzes that Dom Capers is famous for? We got really good pressure today, and last week, but eventually we will have to throw some linebackers at the quarterback.

But, after a win like yesterday's win, all the negative stuff is nit picking. This was a really nice win and coupled with last week's win makes me think we have a shot at the division and maybe a bye. Although, a bad game next week could change that.

My post game thought would be the importance of a long snapper. While watching the Steelers/Giants game after there LS left the game with a injury, and there backup LS caused a safety. It makes you realize how valuable they are.

Can someone give me their thoughts on Mayo?

I was unable to see the game, and I noticed he had some real low tackle totals.

AD's becoming the beast he was hyped to be when we got him.

Big Sey's playing like a monster.

MattyIce had a fantastic game-he's improving each week.Those INTs didn't look like his fault at the time and it looks like most here feel the same :)

Bru's still got some gas left, Faulk's The Man, and it was just another really fun game to see on an absolutely gorgeous day!

One huge improvement was the OL:D Sometimes Matt holds on a second too long but it looked as though the OL is also beginning to adjust a bit more to him. Dare I say he looked like TFB? :eek: :singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News