PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread Week 7 Pats @ Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok....but if you think this game would not have been different with A HEALTHY Ben R under center you are MISSING the most important point! Landry played really well in relief but walked away with FG on pretty much every drive....,Just would not have been the same with Ben in there... 2 fumbles deep in our territory and all they got thankfully were FGs....we were a bit lucky Rottenburger was out today..if you can't see that you are being naive

And if you dont realize that the game plan would have been different for Ben-then it is YOU whos being naive. And thats on BOTH sides of the ball. You can speculate "what if" fantasies all you want-i prefer to deal with reality. They held one of the better offenses in the nfl(even w/o ben) to 16 pts. on the road, despite major mistakes by both the Pats offense and special teams that kept putting the defense in difficult situations. How many defenses in the nfl do you think could have done that? The patriots are simply a top 3 defense in the nfl. And they havent hit their stride yet.

I really would appreciate it if I never see Brandon Bolden take another offensive snap. Ever.

And he should probably remove his head from his sphincter on special teams...since it is the only reason for his roster spot.
When he dropped that 3rd down throw I longed for Dion Lewis

I think I need to stay out of game day thread, it seems to take whatever anxiety I'm having about the game to a whole new level. lol

I take a glance or two at halftime for a chuckle.

There have been times when my son and I are super pumped at halftime and can't believe the gloom and doom stuff in that thread.

He was better here than there because here they teach more gap discipline (string the play out and let the LBs and secondary clean up) on the DL, where there he can just penetrate to disrupt (different styles). He was good in zone drops as an elephant type end (he had a couple interceptions here if I recall) and excellent in opposite pursuit.

He's obviously not Seymour level - I'm not saying that, but he's not a one-trick pony either.

Yes, he is. That's why he's in Arizona. If he was a legitimate all-around talent who excelled at rushing the passer, he'd have been the #1 or #2 re-sign priority.

I wasn't thrilled with the defense most of the game but then again the results kind of speak for themselves, 16 points and regardless if it was Landry thats still a very good offense. I think eventually some of the bend don't break thing will get them but I also expect the defense to grow.

Does anyone else think JEII just doesn't look right?

lol

Pats have put up 33, 35 and 27 points and 500, 440 and 370 yards of offense Brady has dropped back 104 times being only sacked 4 times while throwing for 1004 yards, 8 TD, 0 INT, a 75.2 completion %, 132.6 QB Rating and people want to make wholesale changes on the OL.

I get wanting Joe Thomas if the deal could be worked out but making 3 out of 5 changes on the OL when OL musical chairs is what had a huge hand in last season's problems.

But hey let's put a guy that hasn't played 1 snap at C and has only played G in college in the nfl in the middle of the season...

Back in "07 5:00 minutes to go in the game, the patriots are not running the ball 3 straight times to milk the clock. They are throwing to get the first down and put a clamp on the game.

I take a glance or two at halftime for a chuckle.

There have been times when my son and I are super pumped at halftime and can't believe the gloom and doom stuff in that thread.

Your son was brutal at checking the threads. Did you see how slow he was clicking in? And don't get me started about his refresh work. If he were my kid, I'd trade him in for a 7th round pick and use it on a gecko. /Game threads everywhere

When he dropped that 3rd down throw I longed for Dion Lewis

That was a bad momentum killer for the offense.

Failing to down the ball TWICE inside the 5 and allowing touchbacks was worse. Special teams are his only reason for being on that team.

people want to make wholesale changes on the OL

I'd be happy with Jackson over Mason if there isn't a better C or G on the open market. He seemed a better pass protector last year (with Mason the better run blocker).

I'd be happy with Jackson over Mason if there isn't a better C or G on the open market. He seemed a better pass protector last year (with Mason the better run blocker).
If Vollmer comes back I'd like to try Cannon/Jackson at RG and Mason at C. Would make the OL much bigger/stronger.

If he was a legitimate all-around talent who excelled at rushing the passer, he'd have been the #1 or #2 re-sign priority.

If BB didn't resign Seymour, what indications are there that he sees overall cap value in big money DL re-signings regardless of talent? Wilform being the exception, but Wilfork was an entirely different skill set of setting the entire run defense and excellent football smarts in diagnosing plays.

I'm not really sure why there is consternation about the OL. On the road, against Pittsburgh, the running game produced 140 yards (4.8 avg), allowed zero sacks in 26 pass attempts, and allowed only two tackles for loss.

I don't know how you get much better than that performance.

I think Denver is ahead of us as well. They have only play 6 games so their average is better.

Incorrect.

Pats 15.2 per game over 7 games
denver 18 per game over 6 games

denver in 6 games played has actually given up 1 more point than the Pats have in 7.

If BB didn't resign Seymour, what indications are there that he sees overall cap value in big money DL re-signings regardless of talent? Wilform being the exception, but Wilfork was an entirely different skill set of setting the entire run defense and excellent football smarts in diagnosing plays.

???

FOXBORO, Mass. — New England Patriots All-Pro defensive lineman Richard Seymour said Thursday he just wants to be paid fairly — a figure he and the team put between $7 million and $8 million per season for at least four years.
"At the end of the day, that's what both sides came to," the 6-foot-6, 310-pound defensive end said in a conference call Thursday, a day after signing a four-year contract extension.

USATODAY.com - Notes: Pats extend Seymour's deal; Feagles to return

Warren, Seymour, Wilfork.... They all got second deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick