PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread- Dolphins beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're going to need a 2006 @SD type playoff upset if we want to play in a Super Bowl this season.
For one we have to have the playoff bye. We aren’t winning on the road twice in a row.

I’m with you in that I just don’t see us taking down KC on the road. Guess we’ll just have to hope someone takes down KC in the divisional round. (Chiefs choking in the playoffs isn’t out of the ordinary)

Yeah. It definitely hurts losing this one and who knows, maybe we man up and win #6. However, no matter what we have witnessed so much success that it sorta makes me okay right now. We can't win them all.

Yeah, it's weird because on one hand having 5 SBs makes me less concerned because it's all gravy, then OTOH seeing the end in sight for Brady weirdly makes it more urgent. We have at best 2-3 more shots with him, makes **** ups that cost us HFA like this one hurt more.

Horrible thing about this is their 4 losses are against 4 very inferior schitty teams...

Houston still needs to go at Philly so even if we lose to Pitt we still have a decent shot at the 2. However, I would say we don't deserve it. Outside of Minny (maybe), has anyone walked away from a game this year feeling great about the win?

The defense is terrible and will get gashed up by a good running team in the playoffs. The good news for us is Conner is hurt and Hunt is done but the point remains. Can you imagine those idiots trying to tackle Todd Gurley? Jordan Richards sends his regards.

There's a difference when you get beat. This should have been an easy win. So clear to see. No way this **** should happen.

A divisional game on the road versus a team with a winning record (OK, .500 team) is never going to be easy, especially when it's in Miami.

Pats win out. Chiefs lose two. Chargers lose one that’s not vs. the Chiefs.

Really it’s the only realistic scenario.

At least the number 2 seed is very much alive even if we lose to Pittsburgh next week.
Chiefs still visit Seattle on Sunday night

On the Gronk issue, maybe he was in if there was an out route to stop the clock and then they were shooting for the Hail Mary and no time to sub him in, idk just trying to make sense of that disaster.

I dont think the Pat's lost the superbowl just because of one play.

I dont even think they significantly hurt their chances of getting there.

I just think, given what we've seen from them, especially one the road, that what happened tonight was not a good sign.

What's wrong with saying that. It was all avoidable.

Nothing wrong with that post at all. Pretty much what I think as well. Although I'd add that I don't think we've seen this team's best yet and when the playoffs start anything can happen.

We shot ourselves in the foot.
Gost missing extra point and field goal hurt us, then not getting 3 points at the end of the half hurt us. Then the amount of missed opportunities to capitolazie this game.
The defense straight up stunk! We gave up 100+ rushing yards in the first half alone!
Drake and Gore and Bolden destroyed us, and these guys are not even top running backs in the league, I can only imagine what top running backs would do to this defense.
Sure we generated some pressure on their QB but god we sucked bad at tackling.

Well That sucked but at least it wasn’t an offensive disaster. Stuff happens, it was wierd and unlikely but whatever.

Even thought they were trying to run the clock I think a play action to the end zone from the 3 would’ve been a good idea/.

Mike Reiss‏Verified account @MikeReiss 4m4 minutes ago
Patriots personnel on final play:

DL: Adrian Clayborn, Adam Butler, Trey Flowers

LB: Kyle Van Noy

CB: Stephon Gilmore, J.C. Jackson, Jason McCourty, Jonathan Jones

S: Patrick Chung, Duron Harmon, Rob Gronkowski

Patriots rushed four and dropped seven.

They will live in infamy on that teachable play for as long as BB coaches here. Future patriots will laugh at them for their lack of effort and stumbling, bumbling missed tackles.

fire belichick...hire Fat Mike McCarthy.. win two back to back super bowls...

Reading is fundamental. You totally twisted what @Ross12 said. In no way was he encouraging the "flame stoking". Seriously. Go put your head in a bucket of ice or something because you are way off base with your understanding of Ross' comments.

Yeah I think things were just about to calm down around here but then I mentioned that some folks appear to be taking this loss personally and now it’s all blowing up again, I blew it, better hand in my resignation now.

Horrible thing about this is their 4 losses are against 4 very inferior schitty teams...
Flip side of that is we’ve beaten all the really good teams we’ve faced.

What team loses a game by giving up a 70 yard TD with 15 seconds left in prevent defense? LMAO.

It's all on the defense and the coaching when you let something insane like that take place.
Actually if I remember there was only 7 seconds left when they got the ball and as bad as I felt after the game ,,,no way should Gronk be there to defend the Hail Mary because it was obvious that it was too far for that play so bad call on our Coaching staff.
On the positive side Brady looked good for most part and funny how that last PI call on Miami saved them the game because it was a brilliant throw from TB12 to Gordon and he would have scored the TD and won us the game. Strange how that call and play actually saved them in the end. We should have still found a way at the 2 yard I thi k to punch it in.
Bad luck but with Houston losing we still have the 2nd Seed.
We WILL learn from this,,that we know.
Go Pats.

Dude. You know what else is fundamental? Individuality and opinion.

I know it wasnt his intent but what he said does have merit to those if us who he just accused of not being able to handle the loss without if justifying out ****ing literal existence.

Opinions tend to be based on Facts. Clearly that's something you don't seem to understand. You went off on @Ross12, but then proceeded to put up a post referring to @UptownPatsFan as support for your supposed post against @Ross12.

Furthermore, since you can't actually read what was said, @Ross12 did NOT accuse anyone specifically of being unable to handle the loss without justifying your existence. That's what I meant by "reading is fundamental". What @Ross12 said is that people were acting as if it was a personal attack on themselves. No where did he ENCOURAGE anyone to attack people who are over-reacting like you are. No where did he say "Everyone, lets gang up on the Debbie-Downers who insist on being ridiculous and acting like the world is ending".

You owe @Ross12 an apology for your ridiculous accusation.

Actually if I remember there was only 7 seconds left when they got the ball and as bad as I felt after the game ,,,no way should Gronk be there to defend the Hail Mary because it was obvious that it was too far for that play so bad call on our Coaching staff.
On the positive side Brady looked good for most part and funny how that last PI call on Miami saved them the game because it was a brilliant throw from TB12 to Gordon and he would have scored the TD and won us the game. Strange how that call and play actually saved them in the end. We should have still found a way at the 2 yard I thi k to punch it in.
Bad luck but with Houston losing we still have the 2nd Seed.
We WILL learn from this,,that we know.
Go Pats.

I understand all that perfectly well.

But did the Pat's give their best effort when they had the ball on the goalline with a chance to end it?

Those were some terrible, play the clock runs.

The loss doesn't bother me as much as how they lost and knowing I'm going to see a highlight of that freaking crap fest every time the Pats play the Fins for the next couple of decades.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore