PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post-Game Shooting in Cowboys Stadium Parking Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
So some third party person tried to be the peacemaker by trying to break up a fight and so the crowd decided that he should die for that?

Yikes

And why is the shooter carrying a gun at a tailgate? I'm assuming that he knew that he and others would be drinking to excess, and that there was a good chance that sometime during the day drunks would start arguing and possibly fighting.

So now 2 lives are forever changed because this idiot couldn't leave his gun at home.

This is very terrible anomaly brought about by a psychotic person, plain and simple. This is not the kind of person that should represent our fan base.

From the reports, it seems there were plenty of others there egging him on to kill him.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/10/dal...the-head-during-tailgating-brawl-and-he-does/

".......Witnesses reported that the two men got into an argument, which escalated to a fistfight. Then, as the gunman held his weapon to the head of the victim, the crowd urged him to shoot, which he did."

Last edited:
Thank you for joining.

My frustration this year has been some online Cowboys fans (NOT YOU) that behave just like that mob.

I'd hope the Jones takes the strongest possible action to deter fans from acting like the Eagles or Raiders fans

Ha! Jones only cares about paying top dollar for FA's and gilding the luxury suites.

He couldn't give two hoots about security cameras or making sure the bleachers work before a Super Bowl or "boring" stuff like that.

I will have nothing to do with amoral, rabid fans pretending to be self righteous.

I couldn't agree with you more!

Football is violent and it chimes with an aggressive part in all of us who love it. But it's also a game -- a game of structure and discipline. Once the violence spills over into real hatred the whole point is lost.

(By the way, I'm always impressed by how many Patsfans posters serve, or have served, in the armed forces. I think they get that.)

Ha! Jones only cares about paying top dollar for FA's and gilding the luxury suites.

He couldn't give two hoots about security cameras or making sure the bleachers work before a Super Bowl or "boring" stuff like that.

Sorry, Shmessy, but you're wrong on this.. There are plenty of security cameras all over that stadium. As for your comment about bleachers working, the issue was too many seats in the facility..And they've been cited on a couple of occasions for this now..

Sorry, Shmessy, but you're wrong on this.. There are plenty of security cameras all over that stadium. As for your comment about bleachers working, the issue was too many seats in the facility..And they've been cited on a couple of occasions for this now..

1) Cameras and security in the PARKING LOT. They are part of the property. Any time you have people drinking for hours on your business property, you have an obligation to secure the premises.

2) Too many seats is a DESIGN/PLANNING issue. The fact that ,as you describe, they've been cited multiple times for that makes it even more eggregious.

Mere details are not for big-picture guys like Jerruh.

I know he does not care about this, but he does care about lawsuits.

JerryWorld is so big it negates home field advantage unless maybe the Cows are red hot that year....like maybe last year. So many seats that you see fans from the visiting team in NUMBERS.

With all due respect, there is no comparison between the hatred and scorn Pats fans take outside of NE and the crap other teams' fans are subject to outside of their home areas. Anyone who wears any Patriots gear when traveling alone outside of NE is naive, nuts or both. It's bad, trust me. And, for what it's worth, I, like Joker, put most of the culpability for that at the feet of the league office, in general, and Goodell, in particular.

I live in NYC and while I don't own or wear a jersey I have hats and long sleeve T's of both Pat the Patriot and Flying Elvis I wear all the time. The last being a Sox/Yanks game at Yankee Stadium a couple weeks ago (with a Sox hat). I also see other Pats gear on a weekly if not daily basis. I don't consider myself naive or nuts. The only time I have had any problem was years ago in Indy and that was squashed pretty quickly. Now the idiot in my office who admits he hasn't read one document related to Framegate but insists Brady is guilty.. that's another story. Albeit not a violent one.

I don't understand why this is not a bigger deal. A guy got shot at a cowboys game and was egged on to do so. Nobody is talking about this. :mad:

I live in NYC and while I don't own or wear a jersey I have hats and long sleeve T's of both Pat the Patriot and Flying Elvis I wear all the time. The last being a Sox/Yanks game at Yankee Stadium a couple weeks ago (with a Sox hat). I also see other Pats gear on a weekly if not daily basis. I don't consider myself naive or nuts. The only time I have had any problem was years ago in Indy and that was squashed pretty quickly. Now the idiot in my office who admits he hasn't read one document related to Framegate but insists Brady is guilty.. that's another story. Albeit not a violent one.
My naive, nuts or both comment was likely too broad and generalized. If you've experienced little, or no, difficulty, I'm legitimately pleased with your good fortune. My experiences have been far nastier. If others wear Pats gear outside of the 5.5 NE state region with no difficulty, I'm jealous.

My naive, nuts or both comment was likely too broad and generalized. If you've experienced little, or no, difficulty, I'm legitimately pleased with your good fortune. My experiences have been far nastier. If others wear Pats gear outside of the 5.5 NE state region with no difficulty, I'm jealous.
Sorry to hear that Jackson. That blows. My girlfriend who is also a Pats fan has gotten some remarks when wearing a Pats shirt when I haven't been around. I guess when considering the Jets fanbase's history that's not surprising.

I wear Pats stuff (usually hats) wherever I go, and in the past year (while stateside) I've been to Oklahoma, Arizona, North Carolina and Florida. I never get much flak for it, usually just the odd fellow Pats fan who's like "**** yeah!"

But I'm also in my 30s, 6'4" 220lbs and in pretty good shape.

I should address the OP as well; if it turns out that this was related to the victim being a Pats fan, I don't know how the league and ESPN can't take some responsibility for egging this **** on.

Speedy recovery to the victim, and anal boils to the shooter...also prison justice.

Sorry to hear that Jackson. That blows. My girlfriend who is also a Pats fan has gotten some remarks when wearing a Pats shirt when I haven't been around. I guess when considering the Jets fanbase's history that's not surprising.
Mosey, in the interest of full disclosure, if I said I was a shrinking violet who is inclined to turn the other cheek and not respond when given crap, my nose would grow enough to nudge Antarctica. I never, ever start stuff, but I find it nearly impossible not give it back verbally. Sometimes, that causes things to escalate, particularly when booze is present. In short, when I travel outside NE as I will next week, I just don't wear any Pats stuff. The anonymity is both safer and more relaxing.

So some third party person tried to be the peacemaker by trying to break up a fight and so the crowd decided that he should die for that?

Yikes

And why is the shooter carrying a gun at a tailgate? I'm assuming that he knew that he and others would be drinking to excess, and that there was a good chance that sometime during the day drunks would start arguing and possibly fighting.

So now 2 lives are forever changed because this idiot couldn't leave his gun at home.
It's texas, I'm more surprised they didn't all start shooting at each other.

With all due respect, there is no comparison between the hatred and scorn Pats fans take outside of NE and the crap other teams' fans are subject to outside of their home areas. Anyone who wears any Patriots gear when traveling alone outside of NE is naive, nuts or both. It's bad, trust me. And, for what it's worth, I, like Joker, put most of the culpability for that at the feet of the league office, in general, and Goodell, in particular.

Ridiculous

Animosity between NFL fan bases has been going on for decades. Other NFL fans are jealous of the team at the top that wins multiple championships. Today that's the Patriots. Years ago it was the Cowboys, 49ers, Steelers. Prior to spygate and Goodell, other NFL fan bases did not welcome the Pats and their fan base with open arms.

I know this because I only go to road games.

I am driving alone to Indy this weekend and will wear whatever I want. The state of Indiana does not dictate my wardrobe. I may dress up as Pat the Patriot. I wear a Patriot shirt every day and I live in a mid west city that has an NFL team. Its not bad. Nothing has happened in 19 years.

Ridiculous

Animosity between NFL fan bases has been going on for decades. Other NFL fans are jealous of the team at the top that wins multiple championships. Today that's the Patriots. Years ago it was the Cowboys, 49ers, Steelers. Prior to spygate and Goodell, other NFL fan bases did not welcome the Pats and their fan base with open arms.

I know this because I only go to road games.

I am driving alone to Indy this weekend and will wear whatever I want. The state of Indiana does not dictate my wardrobe. I may dress up as Pat the Patriot. I wear a Patriot shirt every day and I live in a mid west city that has an NFL team. Its not bad. Nothing has happened in 19 years.
Well, congrats to you. I guess you are just one lucky fella!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back