PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

(Post Edit): Breaking: NFL Ref's Press Conference Just Blew Deflategate To Pieces!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i might be missing something but how does this blow deflatgate to pieces?? somebody help me.

Read ahead in the thread.

The presser was progressing as it happened - - the story of the thread changed when it did.

I thought BB said rubbing increases the PSI

Of course it does, by raising the temperature.

But that increases the potential for PSI loss later as the temperature goes back down.

It Don't Mean a Thing if You Ain't Got That STING!
So Blendino said NFL was not running a sting to bust Pats deflation of balls reported by Colts Staff from our earlier Reg.Season game played. I think they did try but when that theory blew up in Blendino's face and he/they never reported anything yet, that gives them an out but in mean time leavin Pats to take heat for a week.......WEAK!

Me too, but that = tacit acknowledgement that none of this **** matters in the first place. Which makes it a no-go, since the NFL has spent the last week trying to convince everyone that this is somehow important to the integrity of the game.
What they ough to do is make it clear that it is unacceptable for coaches to go all Eddie Haskell when they lose and bring massive disrepute and expense to the league.

[Whack of gavel coming down] Colts! You're fined triple the cost of this investigation!

This is our Battle Of Midway. The NFL and Media came with their 4 carriers and huge air force to take us out. We sunk all 4 carriers and destroyed their air force. Victory is inevitable.
and taking that analogy a little further back, the Minutemen beat back the Redcoats. Again.

Refs not logging the pre-game PSI doesn't really matter. What matters is whether or not they measured the PSI pre-game. If Walt Anderson tells Goodell that all the NE balls were 12.5 PSI or higher, that's all Goodell is going to care about.

(And even in real courts that would be valid evidence and the jury (or judge, if a bench trial) would have to decide how much to believe Anderson. So it's not like not having logged the PSI is some magic thing that means NE gets off the hook. It wouldn't be true in real court and it certainly won't be true in front of Goodell.)

Actually it matters greatly. Blandino said to the press that the balls were "properly tested and marked prior to the game".

Without a PSI log there is no data reference, and the entire saga could devolve a "he said; she said" scenario, which is the reason this investigation is dragging on, as Wells and his investigators would probably want to avoid such a scenario.

I am slowly coming to the opnion that the nfl and haters will not stop until they get thier pound of flesh guilt or innocences doesnt matter. And iT will be a scar that never goes away. I also believe its likely that refs will intentionally effect games outcome which isnt good for us

Given that referees must report discrepancies in balls to the commissioner regardless of cause, I'm surprised the rules don't have the referees write down hard numbers at the start or half-time. This points more to the NFL process and the officiating process, and not what the teams do with footballs. The Tom Brady rule from 2006 allows visiting teams to bring their own footballs and both teams can prepare the balls ahead of time.

I think it points to "nobody gives a ****."

It's a ball...squeeze test...yep, it's a ball...go play.

Actually it matters greatly. Blandino said to the press that the balls were "properly tested and marked prior to the game".

Without a PSI log there is no data reference, and the entire saga could devolve a "he said; she said" scenario, which is the reason this investigation is dragging on, as Wells and his investigators would probably want to avoid such a scenario.

At this point it seems like the weather/elements is a best case explanation for the NFL. That way you avoid blaming the officials, and you also reach a conclusion on the investigation. If you blame the Patriots with no proof, there will be hell to pay.

Well, yes, of course.

But a "he said; she said" scenario doesn't mean the accused is somehow guaranteed to get off. That's not true in real courts and it definitely won't be true of a corrupt goober like Goodell.

Anderson will say that the balls were all in the legal range and Goodell will accept that testimony as true. Still don't see why Anderson not writing down the actual numbers will matter one bit.

People should be DEMANDING the name of Mort's "source". Whoever it was should be drawn and quartered. 2 PSI lower than what now?

YAHHHHH!
Tupac_amaru_execution.jpg

Anderson will say that the balls were all in the legal range and Goodell will accept that testimony as true. Still don't see why Anderson not writing down the actual numbers will matter one bit.

Hate to admit it, but I'm with you.

Here is the official comment from Dean Blandino: "Blandino said he couldn't get into many details with the investigation ongoing. Afterwards, in a side session with a handful of reporters, he said referee Walt Anderson tested the footballs with a gauge himself, which he has done throughout his career."

Now...I think there were plenty of moments in today's presser/interviews where the NFL is looking confused, but I don't understand what has changed in the least in terms of the measurement of the balls? The bottom line is that the ref did use a gauge to check the footballs. I don't know what people are talking about with this "squeeze test" nonsense? Obviously, the NFL is going to stick to this story and have since day one.

Isn't the source Irsay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference