PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Players released by other teams whom you'd like to see here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players that I'm surprised that I think we should kick the tires on (as of Noon -8/30)

Will Beatty - Beatty has been a starting LT his entire career. He's coming back from a Pec injury that cost him all of 2015. Surprised that he hasn't signed with anyone yet.
Geoff Schwartz - Released by the Lions. Could play RT for us..

Arizona released the former Alabama QB Jake Coker, I would sign him, pick his brain and let him play in Thursday's game and then cut him. Mess with Arizona's heads and make them spend time changing all of there check downs and hand signals!

Always liked Beatty. Not sure if he's healthy though.

Rueben Randle assuming he's healthy. Get rid of dobson. I always liked Randle out of college.

John Sullivan, formerly of the Vikings, may be someone for the Pats to look at as an upgrade over Kline.

Arizona released the former Alabama QB Jake Coker, I would sign him, pick his brain and let him play in Thursday's game and then cut him. Mess with Arizona's heads and make them spend time changing all of there check downs and hand signals!

But but. That's cheating!!! Nobody else does it!!!

John Sullivan, formerly of the Vikings, may be someone for the Pats to look at as an upgrade over Kline.
I know John personally quite well. Great guy, imagine would be a great fit, but with his back, age and price may not make sense vs Andrews

I know John personally quite well. Great guy, imagine would be a great fit, but with his back, age and price may not make sense vs Andrews

Who said anything about replacing Andrews? I'm thinking as an upgrade over Kline as a back-up.

I doubt he is interested in a backup role when other teams have starter needs, with Chicago and Washington coming to mind

David Cobb formerly of the Titans comes to mind for me. He was cut yesterday. Kind of a Stevan Ridley-lite as being a backfield enforcer, can really grind it. 5'11 230, a bowling ball back, goes downhill, pretty much a typical power run scheme guy. Also pass protects decently which is always a plus here.

Players that I'm surprised that I think we should kick the tires on (as of Noon -8/30)

Will Beatty - Beatty has been a starting LT his entire career. He's coming back from a Pec injury that cost him all of 2015. Surprised that he hasn't signed with anyone yet.
Geoff Schwartz - Released by the Lions. Could play RT for us..
Good call on Schwartz. Got to be better than #61.
DW Toys

schwartz.jpg

I was just about to post this, but I'm glad I didn't.

hqdefault.jpg

"Too Jewish." ;)

Robert Kelly with the Redskins.
He goes north he doesn't dance he has moves and protects the ball.

Names I found interesting:

WR Jordan Leslie, ex-Atlanta

Rookie LB Eric Striker, ex-Buffalo

Rookie DT Justin Zimmer, ex-Buffalo

Rookie WR Mitch Matthews, ex-KC

OLs John Sullivan, Austin Shepherd & Sean Hickey, ex-MN

CB Brandon Dixon, ex-NO

WR Chris Givens, ex-Philly

RG Andrew Gardner, ex-Philly

LB Jordan Zumwalt, ex-PitsDirt

Rookie LT Tyler Johnstone, ex-SD

Rookie DE/OLB Jason Fanaika, ex-SF