PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT:Photo of Jets employee with sideline camera creates stir

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same story, different year. Goodel will say it's OK. They had the Pats permission. The sad thing is, he doesn't even make up a different excuse.

The rule allows team-affiliated personnel to be on the field if shooting a team-affiliated show. I don't care if you don't like it, it's allowed.

Now, if it turns out they're doing something unsavory with that footage, then we've got a scandal. But the Patriots were busted on a technicality, and the Jets seem to be technically within the rules, so nothing to see here.

Sadly I have to agree. I seriously doubt there is anything untoward on the video. Unfortunately the spinmeisters have already started to spin their deceits and any positive PR on the injustices of spygate has been lost. I concurred with other posters that it was best left alone. The only way this stain will be removed is by time (ie after BB and TB have retired) and an honest objective writer with access to the facts and the unfettered protagonists.

Although Nantz should be fined because for some bizarre reason he decided to relay on the "Alabama" audible by Brady on the Branch TD.

'Alabama' is just code for a special play they came up with in practice, Alabama could for instance be play 'A', and 'Bell' could be play B. these audibles are specific for the situation, the next time you hear 'Alabama' the play will be completely different.

That play for instance we designed to overload one side with recievers to draw the safeties over there, if brady couldn't find anyone open immediately, branch was timed to juke out and lose his single coverage wide open in the endzone.

these plays are specific to the personnel on the jets, their tendencies, their reaction times, who they are covering, everything, you'll notice on that play he moved Welker 'tighter' several times since they knew he would be doubled in the endzone, that leaves a safety in the middle and a whole lot of linebackers and safeties on the right side.

Link to the Jests taping incident

Here is a link to the Jests videotaping incident at Foxboro. Now I think the commish needs to act immediately on this and DEMAND the tape. I think also that he made it perfectly clear by demoralizing the Pats...that NO CAMERAS are to be allowed on the sidelines!!! If he does not act on at least investigating this thing, he is a biased, partial d-bag (well he has always been a dbag so nothing has changed there) and needs to be fired!

Here's the link to the actual video.....guy couldn't stand out ANY MORE by wearing that bright green vest!

Video of Jets filming game against Patriots - CBSSports.com

Re: Link to the Jests taping incident

Here is a link to the Jests videotaping incident at Foxboro. Now I think the commish needs to act immediately on this and DEMAND the tape. I think also that he made it perfectly clear by demoralizing the Pats...that NO CAMERAS are to be allowed on the sidelines!!! If he does not act on at least investigating this thing, he is a biased, partial d-bag (well he has always been a dbag so nothing has changed there) and needs to be fired!

Here's the link to the actual video.....guy couldn't stand out ANY MORE by wearing that bright green vest!

Video of Jets filming game against Patriots - CBSSports.com
Are you pulling our leg with the green vest comment? It's already been explained that teams are allowed to have video personnel from team-affiliated shows on the field, and they are required to identify themselves by wearing a green vest. This guy actually had permission to be there.

Last edited:

Who cares. This is a non-story.

Yep. As long as you on that green vest, you can get that camera and film to your heart's content. And no one gives a crap what's on the tape.

Non story, indeed.

IMO, the story isn't that the Jets were illegally filming but that the filming rules themselves are silly and easy to circumvent.

IMO, the story isn't that the Jets were illegally filming but that the filming rules themselves are silly and easy to circumvent.
They are. Though I'm guessing there's more to it than just putting on a green vest, I would assume he was credentialed and was actually an employee of a Jets-affiliated show. If someone noticed his camera pointed at the Pats sideline for the entire game, I think we'd have something here. But if he was filming here, there, everywhere, then there's nothing to gain by giving that tape to Rex.

The parts of the filming rules that are silly are the ones that got the Patriots busted because the filming wasn't done from a structure with a roof. (Why does it matter?) The part that allows team-affiliated shows to film, I have no problem with.

Last edited:

They are. Though I'm guessing there's more to it than just putting on a green vest, I would assume he was credentialed and was actually an employee of a Jets-affiliated show. If someone noticed his camera pointed at the Pats sideline for the entire game, I think we'd have something here. But if he was filming here, there, everywhere, then there's nothing to gain by giving that tape to Rex.

The parts of the filming rules that are silly are the ones that got the Patriots busted because the filming wasn't done from a structure with a roof. (Why does it matter?) The part that allows team-affiliated shows to film, I have no problem with.

Yeah, I don't care at all what anyone actually films. I just care about how the Patriots story blew up and how even years later the media will pounce on it at the first opportunity.

Crap..ya mean all the Pats camera guy needed was a vest and the Pats would have their first rounder and BB/Kraft would have all that money back?

Whoda Thunk it....:D

Crap..ya mean all the Pats camera guy needed was a vest and the Pats would have their first rounder and BB/Kraft would have all that money back?

Whoda Thunk it....:D

My thoughts exactly... no joke! This just goes to show how fu@$ing wack the punishment was for what the Pats were doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News