PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peyton wont shake your hand, but thats ok cuz he's not a Patriot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Peyton wont shake your hand, but thats ok cuz he's not a patriot.

would be very curious to see what the author of this piece - Chris Chase - wrote about Belichick when he shook coughlin's hand too soon after super bowl 42? Is he actually being consistent?

and here's my answer:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...-lose-Bill-Belichick-would-rath?urn=nfl,64971

chris chase - azz clown

EDIT 2!

the link above was written by MJD, who i think is the one who now works with florio. I had googled chris chase and BB and this was the second link that came up. It's the same "headline section" "shutdown corner" where chase now writes.

Last edited:

It's about time somebody mentioned it.

It still won't get as much backlash as BB's though. And the funny thing is is that BB actually did shake Coughlin's hand. I guess people wanted him to get down on his knees and worship the man for beating him

would be very curious to see what the author of this piece - Chris Chase - wrote about Belichick when he shook coughlin's hand too soon after super bowl 42? Is he actually being consistent?

and here's my answer:

If he's going to lose, Bill Belichick would rather be elsewhere - Shutdown Corner - NFL Blog - Yahoo! Sports

chris chase - AZZ clown

He didn't get assigned to write a story, but instead it was written by his coworker MJD:
If he's going to lose, Bill Belichick would rather be elsewhere - Shutdown Corner - NFL Blog - Yahoo! Sports

The bias is blatant between the two articles.

Last edited:

and here's my answer:

chris chase - azz clown

EDIT 2!

the link above was written by MJD, who i think is the one who now works with florio. I had googled chris chase and BB and this was the second link that came up. It's the same "headline section" "shutdown corner" where chase now writes.

Nice work, I posted that in the comments. Good find.

Honestly, I have no problem with this. I don't know if Brady or Moss or BB or anybody shook Giants hands after the game. I wouldn't know b/c I was lying face down in a fetal position on my floor.

But after a championship game, it really doesn't matter if they shake hands. Players want to celebrate with their teammates, they don't need the opposing team to go through with the perfunctory post-game ritual of handshaking and interrupt their celebration. Thats not what its about at that point.

That said, if Belichick caught flack for it, then those same people should give Manning that flack. I don't think either should though, in this instance.

Last edited:

I can't wait for the Clots game next year when all their fans show up here. It's gonna be great! :D

Stay classy Peyton!

I don't remember seeing many losnig QBs and players in the Super Bowl shaking hands.

I honestly have no problem with this since they grounds crew start their work on trying to get a stage erected, and all the media and hoopla.

Honestly, I have no problem with this. I don't know if Brady or Moss or BB or anybody shook Giants hands after the game. I wouldn't know b/c I was lying face down in a fetal position on my floor.

But after a championship game, it really doesn't matter if they shake hands.
But the subject of the thread isn't about whether it is sporting to shake hands. It is about treating two people differently when they do the same thing for the same reason.

But after a championship game, it really doesn't matter if they shake hands. Players want to celebrate with their teammates, they don't need the opposing team to go through with the perfunctory post-game ritual of handshaking and interrupt their celebration. Thats not what its about at that point.

That said, if Belichick caught flack for it, then those same people should give Manning that flack. I don't think either should though, in this instance.

I, like most people, do agree that it's not a big deal at all. The point is that Brady and BB mainly was crucifiied for this before. I had several non-Pats fans coming up to me saying "BB showed no class blahh blahh" because it was talked so much in the media. Mostly just rubbing salt in the wounds...

It's kind of a helpless feeling isn't it?

The double standard is in full effect, and as clear as the sky is blue. But the truth is all the hemming and hawing we do here is the equivalent of a tree falling in the woods.

Objective, unbiased journalism has gone the way of the dodo bird.

If they like ya - You can do pretty much anything short of killing their mother, and the mediots will come armed to the teeth with iron clad, bullet proof excuses.

If they don't like ya - Well......U better not do anything that can even be PORTRAYED as unsavory, because they will twist facts, bend truths, and preach from the highest mountain. Feeding there massaged "facts" to general public.

It does piss me off, unfortunatly. ( i wish I had thicker skin :) )

But, again, theres nothing we can really do. We can call them out in a comments field, or a personal email but it's nothing but alot of sound and fury signifying nothing. Besides you would just be dismissed as a "homer" anyways.

Im sure "Pay-me-a ton" would have shook hands with anyone on the field clenching a fistful of cash for a commercial endorsement.

The real double standard i how everyone ripped on Brady's "17 points" comment, but Dungy predicting that the Colts would blowout the Saints is perfectly ok.

The real double standard i how everyone ripped on Brady's "17 points" comment, but Dungy predicting that the Colts would blowout the Saints is perfectly ok.

Well, one guy is the current starting QB for one of the teams in the Super Bowl and one is the former head coach of one of the teams in the Super Bowl.

Well, one guy is the current starting QB for one of the teams in the Super Bowl and one is the former head coach of one of the teams in the Super Bowl.

Brady didn't make a prediction though. He was responding to a prediction.

I don't have a problem with Manning not shaking hands, as I had no problem with LeBron not shaking hands or Belichick not shaking hands (even though he did with Coughlin) or not giving a good enough handshake. When you lose a regular season game, or the Super Bowl for that matter, I personally could care less about shaking some guys hand. For that matter, if I won, I could care less if someone shakes my hand. I find it contrived generally anyways, unless the two guys may know each other.

My problem is the complete hypocracy and selective memories of the major talking heads. Marrioti in particular was/is a huge critic of anything Belichick did during the 06-07-08 National Patriot Hate Fest. Yesterday on that show he's on (yeah I know what it's called but don't feel like giving it the effort to think of the name), he brushed off Manning's faux pas as minor and the actions of a competitor that hates losing. Riali actually did call him out for his fickle reactions.

But in this world where anyone with a library card and a fourth grade education is a sports writer, should one expect anything less?

I don't have a problem with Manning not shaking hands, as I had no problem with LeBron not shaking hands or Belichick not shaking hands (even though he did with Coughlin) or not giving a good enough handshake. When you lose a regular season game, or the Super Bowl for that matter, I personally could care less about shaking some guys hand. For that matter, if I won, I could care less if someone shakes my hand. I find it contrived generally anyways, unless the two guys may know each other.

My problem is the complete hypocracy and selective memories of the major talking heads. Marrioti in particular was/is a huge critic of anything Belichick did during the 06-07-08 National Patriot Hate Fest. Yesterday on that show he's on (yeah I know what it's called but don't feel like giving it the effort to think of the name), he brushed off Manning's faux pas as minor and the actions of a competitor that hates losing. Riali actually did call him out for his fickle reactions.

But in this world where anyone with a library card and a fourth grade education is a sports writer, should one expect anything less?

I guess I'm old fashioned. I'm a Colts fan, but I was disappointed to see Manning not stick around to at least shake hands w/ Brees, while Brees was looking for him.

BB at least does shake hands, and did against the Giants. When I watch the game w/ my kids, I like them to see that - it's about sportsmanship, and showing that you can compete w/ everything you've got on the field, but show respect & graciousness afterwards.

I love LeBron, but always cringe when he runs off after an early playoff exit. It just doesn't show good sportsmanship, however you want to spin it.

MJD whom has the byline in the piece from February 07 when Chris Chase was a contributing blogger. Chris Chase, did indeed, write most of the piece in question. He is a Patriot hater through and through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back