PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King is a hypocrite (or worse, a liar) and someone in the media ought to expose him....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it's nice that he changed his mind but this isn't a tweak, this is a 180. From a suspension to "a parking ticket". No, sorry. Imagine if your boss over reacted like that. You're fired. A week later, no you're not and it wasn't a big deal. Just don't do it again, OK ? I'd be looking for a job with a more stable boss, not saying "it's all good, he changed his mind".

Am I really that old? When did that happen? Maybe I should just 23 skidoo my way out of here and let you young folk discuss Twittering and Myface and whatnot.

Get off my lawn!!!!

It's SNAPface, dagnabit!

I heard it from that whippersnapper Patriots coach yesterday.

After watching impossibly arrogant, stubborn fools like Mortenson, Kravitz, and Goodell continue to fight the good fight despite piles and piles of evidence of Brady's innocence stacking up over their heads, I cannot see any good reason to criticize King for saving face. I do believe MANY overreacted truly believing their views were moderate or even mild as so many pundits were taking extreme views in the issue.

Most of these jack@sses have returned back underground to their dirty sewers, and virtually all of them have just shut up about deflated footballs, probably out of fear that they will anger Goodell. I applaud Peter King for being one of the few who realizes it isn't fair to "let the story die" now that the tables have turned. I mean, think about how many wanted to lynch Brady and had about one-one millionth of the conviction and enthusiasm to cover the story when it later appeared he was innocent. Those guys would rather cover the wNBA than write an article that blows up all the dumb things they'd been spewing for the last nine months.

Chiuba, a word of advice. I'm with you regarding going after all the Deflategate proponents, I really am. But when you launch a campaign against something, focus on the REAL enemies, because watering it down with the borderline ones only weakens our argument.

Now go and torch the ones that really are the screws.

Peter King's job is to write 3,000+ words about football every single week and attract people to read it, regardless of what's going on. He probably needs to maintain 10 different opinions on everything just to create enough content.

When the wheat sways it usually goes with the wind. PK is just another stalk.

In fact, allowing your mind to be changed by the accumulation of evidence seems like a good thing. Far better than "staying the course" once you realize you're heading in the wrong direction.

*cough#Mortgatecough*

Peter King's job is to write 3,000+ words about football every single week and attract people to read it, regardless of what's going on. He probably needs to maintain 10 different opinions on everything just to create enough content.
And in fact, he does maintain 10 different opinions about everything. Everything he says he qualifies with "although I wouldn't be surprised if the exact opposite of what I just said happens."

Lots of things I could criticize Peter King for... but changing his mind over the course of a four month period isn't one of them.
Agree. A lot of people turned around after Brady's testimony became public. King wasn't the only one.

He made a mistake.
He recognized it.
He admitted it.
He apologized for it.

How many of us haven't done the same?

Let's save our energy for those who (a) still bloviate without proof that something improper was done to those footballs or (b) know that there was no "crime" but still keep saying there was because they can't or won't back down from their original position.

Lumpy is Lumpy.
Lumpy willingly carries water for his Master ...and then waits.... for others to do the leg work/analysis before safely adjusting his opinion.
Lumpy is a coward.
Lumpy wets his finger to see which way the wind is blowing before offering an opinion.
Lumpy plays to an audience.
Lumpy is a fossil and has been exposed....just like NFLESPN..........mainstream media entities in the bag for Big Brother NFL.

Keep it simple:
PatsFans.com
PFT
Reiss
...And only switch on the TV one minute before game time. Life's too short to be drowned in the noise/fluff

Peter King is like the rest of the media and fans. After the dust settles they know they really got all worked up over a whole lot of nothing. I blame the NFL and Espn first and the American publics belief that everything reported is fact.

Of course Mr Brady's play on the field puts an undeniable exclamation point on how stupid the whole thing is. I was hoping he was going to come out strong and have all the haters find cover underneath the nearest rock and that's what happening. Now I just find myself rolling my eyes when anyone even talks about deflategate. Rogers drivel last night makes him look like his same stupid self. Integrity blah blah blah. He's just a sloth eating his own excrement.

Have to admit that I'm really enjoying this season so far. The haters are walking in circles trying to explain the Patriots success with "properly inflated balls" and they just can't come up with anything until the next fake conspiracy comes up.

It might be better preparation, hard work, goat coaching or goat QB play? I don't know, maybe one day they will swallow their egos and pride and come to this conclusion? Not counting on it anytime soon.

Agree. A lot of people turned around after Brady's testimony became public. King wasn't the only one.

A lot of us turned on Bountygate after Framegate caused us to look a lot more closely at how those punishments were handed down and the laughable NFL "appeal" process. I guess that makes half of the board hypocrites?

In fact, allowing your mind to be changed by the accumulation of evidence seems like a good thing. Far better than "staying the course" once you realize you're heading in the wrong direction.

To his credit, Peter King actually listened a bit even early on. When deflate gate first started (well before the Well's report), PalmBeachPatsFan (PBPF, a Ph.D. Chemist) and me (a physics prof) and a few others talked extensively about how the Ideal Gas Law completely explained the observed pressure "deflation". There were so many threads on this subject that the "Deflategate Threads" got quarantined and now I think they have been deleted. So: this is all from memory, but after PBPF wrote an excellent post on the subject, he E-Mailed Peter King. Peter King send him a nice E-Mail back, and I believe that he even wrote on the subject in his column. So: Peter King was listening to input from PBPF and even writing about it in his column very early on.

However, I'm sure King was having his phone ring off the hook with NFL people giving him distorted or false leaks before the Well's Report came out. When it finally did come out, it seemed like Peter King actually thought that the stuff in the Well's Report was, you know, true (like one would normally expect with an "independent investigation"). Then more and more came out about just how nonsensical the Well's Report was, and finally Bergman essentially completely discounted it in his written decision overturning the Brady suspension.

I'm sure that Peter King blows with the wind to a certain extent, but at least in this case he admitted his mistake and changed position, unlike some idiot like Mortensen.

If it's not that big of a deal, then why doesn't he acknowledge his mistake? Why doesn't he apologize for buying into a false, manufactured narrative and publicly endorsing the Wells Report?

He apologized on the D&C show about a month ago for an article he had left up that had incorrect info etc...

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports...gate-coverage-i-dont-have-any-defense-for-it/

Peter King was one of the first major media guys that understood the science involved and didn't get hung up on a text message or a trip to the bathroom.

In a May 11th interview with Rich Eisen show he stated that "it would be dubious to suspend Brady over 0.02 psi"

The NFL threw out a lot of erroneous data via PR leaks etc... which wasn't really disputed until 4 months later after the Well's report came out. Many thought that Brady and the Ball Boys did something including many Patriot fans. There were even well known scientists screwing up the IGL at the time which made matters worse.

His position on the suspension has less to do with whether he thought Brady is guilty rather he believed that Roger had to do something to appease the other 31 teams because they think that Roger and Kraft were too buddy buddy.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...gation-is-roger-goodell-s-worst-nightmare.ece

I can't help it. Every time Peter King says or writes, all I see is "Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor......"

hodor-1024.png

Excellent point. Are you referring to anyone in particular?

If it's not that big of a deal, then why doesn't he acknowledge his mistake? Why doesn't he apologize for buying into a false, manufactured narrative and publicly endorsing the Wells Report?
Sort of late, but he did.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/24/king-apologizes-for-false-psi-report/

The thing is, he has the resources to do or instigate some investigation into the source and motivation of the false leaks, but has made no visible attempt to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back