PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Perhaps another 3 Point Super Bowl? - My Heart can't take it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you watching it at Sports HQ or Coopers?

I think there is also Saints and Sinners?

If I don't have people over at home I'll probably be going to TC Reilly's or Old Time Charlie's.

Don't have plans yet, but usually just hang out with friends at either my or someone elses house, a lot easier on the wallet ordering wings, pizza, and a few bottles of whatever drink everyone likes.

Last edited:
If I don't have people over at home I'll probably be going to TC Reilly's or Old Time Charlie's.

Don't have plans yet, but usually just hang out with friends at either my or someone elses house, a lot easier on the wallet ordering wings, pizza, and a few bottles of whatever drink everyone likes.

Haven't been to Old Time Charlies in about 2 years,don't know why.

The owner is a cool dude and the Seafood is great!

Says who? Money says everyone thinks the Pats will win by at least 3.

I or this team for that matter of fact, don't need to pretend that this team is an underdog for them to win. They can win just fine as the favorites, and that's what they are. They are favored to beat the Giants even in a close game.

The point spread being Pats-3 doesn't mean "everyone thinks the Pats will win by at least 3." It means that the oddsmakers have set the Pats-3 because they think that is the line that will attract an even amount of bets on both sides.

As long as we are on the prevailing side, I don't care if we win by 2 points in the third quarter of overtime.

You've got more endurance and internal fortitude than me :D

Last edited:
Says who? Money says everyone thinks the Pats will win by at least 3.

I or this team for that matter of fact, don't need to pretend that this team is an underdog for them to win. They can win just fine as the favorites, and that's what they are. They are favored to beat the Giants even in a close game.

You dont understand how Vegas sets the line. Its set by where they think the betting public will place their money. They arent predicting the outcome, only where they believe the money will go. It does not matter who wins or loses, just that the money is as close to 50 - 50 as possible.

If all the money was coming in on the Pats to win, Vegas would increase the spread until the money equaled out on the Giants side.

1. The Giants beat better teams to get to the SB.
2. The Giants are playing the best football at the moment.
3. Eli has been playing consistently good.
4. The Giants beat NE already.
5. The Giants beat NE in the Super Bowl.

My heart can't take another Bill....this time blow them out by the start of the
4th quarter so my blood pressure can resume back to normal levels.
If we win, your heart will be fine. But, I would prefer a nice comfy feeling where the players and fans are making jokes and waiting for the time to expire.

Take some valium if a tight game may be an issue or record the game, find out the score and then wacth. Scratch, that. Watch it live and just sit on the edge of your couch.

If we have a slim lead, and Eli has the ball with a couple minutes left I'm going to flip my ****.

Ive found that these games never go as expected.
Actually they usually go almost exactly as expected. 6 of the past 8 Super Bowls were won not only by the team that was favored, but by an amount within 1 touchdown of that which was predicted.

Well right now the over/under is 55 and the spread grew to -9, falling in line with just about what yards per point would predict.

That's just in two days after the Giant's uplifting win. This is how Vegas gets ya Did any of you already bet on the Giants right after the game? Three points underdogs seemed easy, no? ;)

I said 10 points earlier in the week. But 10,9,11. Doesn't really matter except for the spread. I see a two score win.
Whuh-huh? :confused: I don't see a single book in Vegas or offshore with a line greater than 3.

It's called a salary cap and it's made the game a LOT more competitive and fun to watch.
It's not the salary cap as much as it is the loss of the reserve clause. Back in the 60's, 70's, 80 and even into the 90's, teams could hold on to the same ~40 players for years and years and years. So a core group like, for example, the Steel Curtain would be indentured to one team for their careers.

These Super Bowls lately are nerve wracking for the fans of either team but indeed exciting.

I remember the worst Super Bowl I ever saw was San Diego against San Francisco in the mid 90s....The Chargers literally should have stayed in the locker room the whole game,that game was decided before fans got into their seats.

That was the biggest ass whooping ever,even beating out the Bears/Patriots game.

But I would love one this year....NE of course :)

These Super Bowls lately are nerve wracking for the fans of either team but indeed exciting.

I remember the worst Super Bowl I ever saw was San Diego against San Francisco in the mid 90s....The Chargers literally should have stayed in the locker room the whole game,that game was decided before fans got into their seats.

That was the biggest ass whooping ever,even beating out the Bears/Patriots game.
That game wasn't the biggest "ass whooping" ever. San Fran won by 23, which comes in at (I believe) #9. The Bears beat the Patriots by 36. Other notable ass whoopings are Dallas over Buffalo by 35, SF over Den by 45 and Was over Den by 32.

The tight games are muder on the nervous system but the release when they win a close one is orgasmic. A blowout is ok, much easier on the nervous system but you dont get that burst of euphoria that you do in a close game down to the last minute.

We could be up 21 at half time and I wouldn't feel remotely comfortable. I could just see our offense run the ball into 3 and outs, and our defense getting gashed. We love letting teams right back into games after a big lead. I know it's the SB and they should go for the jugg with a big lead..just hope they never take their foot off the pedal.

That game wasn't the biggest "ass whooping" ever. San Fran won by 23, which comes in at (I believe) #9. The Bears beat the Patriots by 36. Other notable ass whoopings are Dallas over Buffalo by 35, SF over Den by 45 and Was over Den by 32.

You're going by numbers in which yes that wasn't ,I go by match ups which San Fran took thier foot off the gas,they could have won even bigger had they wanted to.

San Fran Denver was indeed a blowout from the onset,SF almost seemed to have pity on their interstate rival

Or perhaps a blow-out Super Bowl. You don't know.

As long as we win, I can take one last gut-wrenching 3 pt victory.

They are damn hard on me personally, but a win is a win.

Then we can all relax until the late summer :rocker: (and talk a little smack in the process, too)

A win is a win is a win.

Actually they usually go almost exactly as expected. 6 of the past 8 Super Bowls were won not only by the team that was favored, but by an amount within 1 touchdown of that which was predicted.

Well, just look at the last 2 Pats games.

Ravens - The Pats never scored a passing TD and Flacco had better passing numbers than Brady.

Broncos - The game was over at the 1:59 minute mark in the 1st quarter. Brady and the NE offense scored at will. The swiss cheese NE defense was lights out.

A lot of folks are expecting the Giants passing attack to absolutely shred this NE secondary and for Brady to be on his backside most of the game trying to escape NYs pass rush.

As long as they win is all that matters to me, although it would be nice if they have a big lead going into the last part of the game, you know, for the sakes of my nerves! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes