PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats to work out RB Devin Moore...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be thrilled to give him a shot with a 5th or later pick. I could see him going earlier though.

Even though we have a lot of picks, there are an awful lot of 2nd day guys who appeal to me in this draft:

- Devin Moore, RB
- TJ Land, OT/G
- Trevor Canfield, OG
- Mike Wallace, WR
- Jason Phillips, ILB
- Sammie Lee Hill, DT
- Chris Baker, DT
- Joe Burnett, CB
- Kevin Huber, P

Just to name a few.

Not a bad little list.

- Devin Moore, RB --- He had a poor Texas vs. The Nation, especially avoiding running inside.
- TJ Land, OT/G --- He's creeping towards the late second.
- Trevor Canfield, OG
- Mike Wallace, WR
- Jason Phillips, ILB
- Sammie Lee Hill, DT
- Chris Baker, DT --- I'm not interested with his background, he'd have done well to stay another year and keep his nose clean.
- Joe Burnett, CB
- Kevin Huber, P

Just to name a few.

I'm with a lot of other posters here in regards to this kid. He is a day 2 pick. 4th pr 5th round. I am not going to get sucked into his pro day numbers but I'm sure a few teams will. I see him being drafted late 2nd to late 3rd of day 1.

He had some pretty good games last season. Utah,TCU and Tennessee. But either his offense never threw to the backfield or he was disregarded as a throwing option. There is little to no body of work of him taking passes out of the backfield. I wonder why that is?

Again, I like the kid on day 2 but he will be drafted before then.

I'm with a lot of other posters here in regards to this kid. He is a day 2 pick. 4th pr 5th round. I am not going to get sucked into his pro day numbers but I'm sure a few teams will. I see him being drafted late 2nd to late 3rd of day 1.

He had some pretty good games last season. Utah,TCU and Tennessee. But either his offense never threw to the backfield or he was disregarded as a throwing option. There is little to no body of work of him taking passes out of the backfield. I wonder why that is?

Again, I like the kid on day 2 but he will be drafted before then.

I don't think there is much doubt he is a day 2 kid. I think it is truly unlikely that he will go 2nd round. The question is whether he is a 3rd-4th rounder or a 5th-7th rounder. I have a suspicion he will go somewhat towards the earlier side.

San Jose State's Yonus Davis 5'6" 189, was a stronger, more effective runner, showing Faulk-like quickness and fearlessness running between the tackles. He also appeared to be a better receiver...
It's too bad Navy's Shun White won't be available, he was an impressive scat back.

An intriguing prospect, Box, especially as a 7th rounder/UDFA:

YouTube - SJSU's Yonus Davis

Also agree on Shun White. Enjoyed watching him play this past year. He has more important duties. :americaflag:

TCU's Aaron Brown was very impressive in the Pointsettia Bowl and not too bad in the Shrine game.

Poinsettia Bowl? POINSETTIA BOWL???? Just when I think that I'm beginning to adjust to this country ... [rolls eyes, hits self over head with hammer]

Funny thread that wants to replace our best back in blitz pickup and receiving option with a rookie with suspect blocking

yeah brady to IR in 09 ideas are flowing already,

Funny thread that wants to replace our best back in blitz pickup and receiving option with a rookie with suspect blocking

I don't think anyone is in a rush to "replace" Kevin Faulk. But he is 32, is in a contract year, and has a fairly substantial cap hit. It's not unreasonable to start thinking about a long-term successor, whoever that may be.

not sure the last time you checked, but faulk is no spring chicken and is going to eventually have to be replaced anyway.........the pats need to find some depth behind him for now and get someone to learn what faulk does

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back