PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats sign RB Chris Taylor, release Richardson, place Shun White on Reserve/Military

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pats sign RB Chris Taylor, release Richardson, place Shun White on Reserve/Milita

Maroney certainly isn't guaranteed to have future success, but BGJE is pretty much guaranteed to never be anything more than scrub roster filler.

Maroney is also CHEAPER than BJGE, as cutting/Trading Maroney accelerates 900K of bonus. Its a 1.3M swing between Maroney on the roster+BJGE cut to Maroney cut with BJGE on the roster.

But don't you see man??? HE RUNS HARD!!! WHY? Because I said so!! He runs hard!!! Look at him averaging 3.7 YPC!!! He runs HARDDDDDD!!! Plus he has a cool name I can rememeber and wasn't drafted!!! So that is cool! And a nickname too!!! LAW FIRM. Get it??? He runs hard man!!! And I like saying that over and over again. Look at those 3.7 YPC man!!! HARDDDDDD

J D Sal

Re: Pats sign RB Chris Taylor, release Richardson, place Shun White on Reserve/Milita

Moving on: Hey, Patchick, how surprised were you to see Richardson go?
Before she gets the final word in and kills all discussion...

I was a bit surprised this early in camp, Springs is out, Wilhite is wearing red, Wheatley has his history, it just seems early. Now the question for me is: is his locker still occupied or has it been cleared out? At least a release this early would give him a shot to catch on elsewhere, he's not been that bad a CB.

I was a bit surprised this early in camp, Springs is out, Wilhite is wearing red, Wheatley has his history, it just seems early. Now the question for me is: is his locker still occupied or has it been cleared out? At least a release this early would give him a shot to catch on elsewhere, he's not been that bad a CB.
Two years ago he was sort of the Myron Pryor surprise in camp. And then he broke his wrist. Probably will sign on with Denver or KC or Atlanta.

They have two roster spots no (Plus Taylor....Minus Richardson, Smith and White)? I would assume we'll see another signing or two. Maybe another corner?

J D Sal

Two years ago he was sort of the Myron Pryor surprise in camp. And then he broke his wrist. Probably will sign on with Denver or KC or Atlanta.

They have two roster spots no (Plus Taylor....Minus Richardson, Smith and White)? I would assume we'll see another signing or two. Maybe another corner?

J D Sal
It's NE, there will almost certainly be another CB brought in at some point who has PSquad time left.

Even if his locker is cleared out, if nobody picks him up is he high up on BB's shadow roster to keep by a phone after the season starts?

Surely he hasn't done something to get in the dog house with BB, not from what I could see...

i doubt chris taylor is better then law firm, and law firm had a 100 yard game last year didnt he? he cant be all that bad

btw they left green ellis out of madden :(

threadassassin.jpg

My work here is done.

threadassassin.jpg

My work here is done.
So that's how you dress! :camera:

i think its just a way of possibly putting a fire under lawfirm just to see what he does in the next game...i think we have to many power backs instead of TEN and CAR "smash and dash" we have "smash and.......smash" lol

FFS, could someone please explain to me how it's possible to have an excellent YPC and DVOA while almost never losing yards... if you have poor vision and decisionmaking skills?

Pffft. It's just luck. Maroney missed his calling. He should have bought a Powerball ticket and saved himself the physical battering. :rolleyes:

I was suprised, seeing as he had a decent first game, but maybe it's just a case of knowing Richardson's ceiling and deciding that somebody else could fill-in and needing to find other players to stash on the practice squad for the inevitable injuries. The difference this year is that the Pats secondary cast-offs will probably catch on elsewhere, and that's a good sign indeed.

and law firm had a 100 yard game last year didnt he? he cant be all that bad

The NFL is littered with young RBs who had a 100yd game and were out of football a year or two later. Finding not-terrible running backs is probably the easiest thing to do in the NFL.

I'm surprised they went with Chris Taylor and not someone like Ryan Torain, unless Torain hasn't recovered from his injury yet..

Let's say BB knows his RB corps is going to be Taylor, Maroney, Faulk, Morris. They're all vets and require little evaluation at this point, and they play a position that....

- is more plug-in and less integrate-into-the-offense than most. (that's why RB is the position where rookies typically have the greatest impact.)

- takes an incredible amount of pounding and yields a lot of injuries.

Given that, a spare body to limit the reps for the "big 4" in the 3 remaining preseason games could make sense. It also gives you a pre-trained standby who is practice-squad eligible (Law Firm is not).

This is the only explanation that makes any sense whatsoever. If Bill were looking for a RB who actually had a chance to make the team & contribute, either as a big/blocking back or as a speed/3rd-down back, he had his choice of nearly 2 dozen RBs still avail. This JAG Taylor is a TC fodder/tackling dummy, nothing more.

My question now is: Why the phouk did the FO deem Richardson expendable now, after only one pre-season game? Except for Jamar Love, we now have zero depth at CB. We need at least one more CB to play the 3rd/4th quarters of the rest of the pre-season, because the remaining CBs - Butler, Wilhite, Wheatley, Bodden, Springs - aren't going anywhere, either, just like the RBs.

Perhaps by reading the rest of the thread, I'll find the answer to this question and others, such as: Why did we have to trade LeKevin now, esp. since Ty Warren's health is cert. no given, his activation from the PUP notwithstanding?

I really hope that Bill hasn't acted too hastily with these moves.

This is the only explanation that makes any sense whatsoever. If Bill were looking for a RB who actually had a chance to make the team & contribute, either as a big/blocking back or as a speed/3rd-down back, he had his choice of nearly 2 dozen RBs still avail. This JAG Taylor is a TC fodder/tackling dummy, nothing more.

My question now is: Why the phouk did the FO deem Richardson expendable now, after only one pre-season game? Except for Jamar Love, we now have zero depth at CB. We need at least one more CB to play the 3rd/4th quarters of the rest of the pre-season, because the remaining CBs - Butler, Wilhite, Wheatley, Bodden, Springs - aren't going anywhere, either, just like the RBs.

Perhaps by reading the rest of the thread, I'll find the answer to this question and others, such as: Why did we have to trade LeKevin now, esp. since Ty Warren's health is cert. no given, his activation from the PUP notwithstanding?

I really hope that Bill hasn't acted too hastily with these moves.

Oh yes, whatever will we do without the inimitable Le Kevin Smith and Mike Richardson.

Pffft. It's just luck. Maroney missed his calling. He should have bought a Powerball ticket and saved himself the physical battering. :rolleyes:

It's looking more and more like Maroney blew his wad.

There's always a point with Belichick - and with any team that makes these signings.

Pre-season is a time to assess as much talent as you can - including, and sometimes especially, players who are "bubble" players who are longshots to make the 53 man roster and who will remain as unsigned free agents into the season.

In other words, its a time to assess and create a shadow roster that one can turn to if the injury bug hits.

When it comes to RB and DB you can never have too many players on the shadow roster.

I hope Sammy doesn't get injured again this year

Sounds like not to many folks familiar with Taylor on this board but I think hes decent, definatley better sized than anyone we have. I like this pickup there was alot of speculation he would be the starter in Houston last year with Kris Brown and Ahman Green hurt. He played some and got hurt as well then Slaton got some touches and the rest is history. Dont discount him juts yet.

Except for Jamar Love, we now have zero depth at CB.

I think we've got more depth than we've ever had at CB. Wilhite, Wheatley and Butler should all be getting a lot of playing time in the preseason. They need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News