PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats place Tate on Reserve/NFI, LeVoir on Reserve/PUP w/ shoulder injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Reiss: LeVoir and Tate officially PUP'ed

My first two position guesses: CB, OT

My first guess (or hope?): ILB with some sand in his pants. How's about local dude Alfred Fincher?

Re: Pats place Tate on Reserve/NFI, LeVoir on Reserve/PUP

i think they will sign a QB and ILB!! We need a veteran back up and depth at ILB!

Could someone please explain the effective difference between NFI and PUP lists? Thank you.

Could someone please explain the effective difference between NFI and PUP lists? Thank you.

NFL Players Association
1. Non-Football Injury or Illness
A club may place a player on the Non-Football Injury or Illness (NFI) list if the player fails the club’s pre-season physical because he sustained an injury unrelated to football. A player on NFI will not be entitled to receive his salary and is prohibited from practice until the three-week period beginning the day after his club’s sixth regular-season game, during which time he may be restored to the club’s Active/Inactive List. It is not unusual for players to find themselves on NFI after sustaining injuries in the off-season doing other activities other than football.

2. Physically Unable to Perform (PUP)
A player who fails his club’s pre-season physical at the start of training camp may be placed by his club on the Physically Unable to Perform list. A player on PUP is eligible to receive his salary, but he is ineligible to participate in practices or games. However, a player on PUP is permitted to practice with his club and may be restored his club’s Active/Inactive list during a three-week period beginning the day after the sixth regular-season game and ending after the ninth regular-season game.

NFL Players Association
1. Non-Football Injury or Illness
A club may place a player on the Non-Football Injury or Illness (NFI) list if the player fails the club’s pre-season physical because he sustained an injury unrelated to football. A player on NFI will not be entitled to receive his salary and is prohibited from practice until the three-week period beginning the day after his club’s sixth regular-season game, during which time he may be restored to the club’s Active/Inactive List. It is not unusual for players to find themselves on NFI after sustaining injuries in the off-season doing other activities other than football.

2. Physically Unable to Perform (PUP)
A player who fails his club’s pre-season physical at the start of training camp may be placed by his club on the Physically Unable to Perform list. A player on PUP is eligible to receive his salary, but he is ineligible to participate in practices or games. However, a player on PUP is permitted to practice with his club and may be restored his club’s Active/Inactive list during a three-week period beginning the day after the sixth regular-season game and ending after the ninth regular-season game.

Thank you, I appreciate that.

So the difference is pay or not. Legal question. It says non football, not NFL football. Tate doesn't qualify by that wording. Is it meant to mean only NFL football injuries?

For example, if it was more of a legal matter, I'd expect to get paid. Am I wrong? He clearly tore up his knee playing for NC, no?

Thank you, I appreciate that.

So the difference is pay or not. Legal question. It says non football, not NFL football. Tate doesn't qualify by that wording. Is it meant to mean only NFL football injuries?

For example, if it was more of a legal matter, I'd expect to get paid. Am I wrong? He clearly tore up his knee playing for NC, no?

Right, in reality it is non-NFL injury.

Tate will also not receive an accrued season of free agency credit if he stays on NFI all season.

Right, in reality it is non-NFL injury.

Tate will also not receive an accrued season of free agency credit if he stays on NFI all season.

Right, I'd read that somewhere. Also read they could pay him if they wanted. (no source, just some post).

I assume they have lawyers assemble these rules, so It's surprising for the language to be so imprecise.

Oh, and hi Pats1!

Looking forward to the new season. Happy to see so much talent on defense, I'm assuming they'll be gelling when it counts, which is just fine with me. If their running is at all consistent, they should be awesome as the Brady Moss Welker troika is is a killer as long as we keep the defense honest.

Im glad Tate wasnt IR'ed I would like to see him this year.

I have a friend who's cousins' aunt know this lady who knows the hairdresser of Rod Hoods' friends mother who says that Rod would sign with the Pats in a day or so. So I think thats a done deal.

Has any one heard about Welker and Edelmans injuries? Please no wiseacre responses I know there has been no announcements, just looking to see if anyone has heard anything unofficial.

My first guess (or hope?): ILB with some sand in his pants. How's about local dude Alfred Fincher?
You really do work for the Jests! :rofl:

Why do you say that? Was he signed by them tonight?

And BTW, why does the FO sign somebody to an extension who won't even play for them until maybe Halloween? They have enough cash to re-sign lil' Jimmy Sanders & Mike Wright, and extend Kaczur & LeVoir, but they can't take care of Big Vince?

And BTW, why does the FO sign somebody to an extension who won't even play for them until maybe Halloween? They have enough cash to re-sign lil' Jimmy Sanders & Mike Wright, and extend Kaczur & LeVoir, but they can't take care of Big Vince?

Well, given that it's a choice between Vince and the "final capped year" issues on the one hand, and signing/extending half a dozen players on the other hand, I can't exactly blame the Pats for taking the latter route.

:rofl: No, he's still a Redskin, but 26 Tackles after four years in the NFL does seem like the kind of Linebacker the Jesters would appreciate on the Patriots. ;) (Not to mention he's listed at the same weight Mayo claimed at the start of Training Camp.)

Fincher was released by the Skins yesterday, thus my interest.

And if he weighs the same as Mayo, then he already has more sand in his pants than Effin Alexander, Cousin Vinnie Ciurciu & We'll Never Have Paris Lenon. Maybe he can play STs, too.

LeVoir has a shoulder injury per ProFootballWeekly.com's official transaction wire.

YESSSS!.........What a fabulous job he did directing Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman in "Seven".

Remember that scene........Oh.......wait a minute......

Fincher was released by the Skins yesterday, thus my interest.

And if he weighs the same as Mayo, then he already has more sand in his pants than Effin Alexander, Cousin Vinnie Ciurciu & We'll Never Have Paris Lenon. Maybe he can play STs, too.
8.25 TT/year average between two teams, it's a funny thing about those sandy pants - seems he can't run in them.

YESSSS!.........What a fabulous job he did directing Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman in "Seven".

Remember that scene........Oh.......wait a minute......

Wasn't that Alfred Hitchkock ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye