PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats interested in Derrick Mason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SyN65

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
From rotoworld:

Ravens beat writer Aaron Wilson was told to "keep an eye on" the Patriots as possible interested party in free agent Derrick Mason.
Mason's agent is earning his money Thursday night. Of course, we're only speculating that his agent is behind the reports because the 36-year-old was fully expected to re-sign with the Ravens before Thursday night.

Uhhh...

Maybe 5 or 6 years ago?

I like Mason and would be cool with the Pats nabbing him up, seems like agent talk though.

Joey Galloway 2.0!! No thank you

Too bad its not 2000 anymore, HES 36 FRIGGEN YEARS OLD! Can we not do any better?:mad:

someone stab me in the eye, I can't be read'in crap like that.

Adding a Derrick Mason type of guy is not going to help the need at the WR position. We need a speedy guy with good hands. Adding these veteran guys at the end of their careers is not going to improve our team. The Pats can not be afraid to go for a big time guy to improve this position.

Too bad its not 2000 anymore, HES 36 FRIGGEN YEARS OLD! Can we not do any better?:mad:

Yes we can, but the Pats dont wanna pay lol. They should make a trade for Chad Jackson, he was sick in HS.

Isn't Mason a little young for the Pats' liking?

Adding a Derrick Mason type of guy is not going to help the need at the WR position. We need a speedy guy with good hands. Adding these veteran guys at the end of their careers is not going to improve our team. The Pats can not be afraid to go for a big time guy to improve this position.

Yeah I feel like the Pats always go for the hungry veteran that is a shell of his former self.

Yeah I feel like the Pats always go for the hungry veteran that is a shell of his former self.

Used to work, too bad it hasnt as of late. Time to go a different route and pick up players who can actually still play.

Used to work, too bad it hasnt as of late. Time to go a different route and pick up players who can actually still play.

Or even take a risk on a guy that is just going into the prime of his career...

From rotoworld:

Ravens beat writer Aaron Wilson was told to "keep an eye on" the Patriots as possible interested party in free agent Derrick Mason.
Mason's agent is earning his money Thursday night. Of course, we're only speculating that his agent is behind the reports because the 36-year-old was fully expected to re-sign with the Ravens before Thursday night.
I hope not.......

Galloway 2.0, stab me in the eyes, maybe six years ago....seriously? I'm actually not opposed to this idea at all the guy has been healthy almost his whole career and at his age still incredibly productive. Clearly he has to be doing something right I mean do any other Ravens receivers scare you? yet he constantly put up decent numbers every season. I don't recall any attitude problems with him unlike most RFA or UFA receivers but people are drawn to like magnets, the only issue with Mason is that he wants a multi-year contract at the age of 36.

Last edited:
Where is all this Derrick Mason is washed up stuff coming from? He's been incredibly consistent and is showing no signs of slowing down.

3 straight 1,000 yard seasons. I'd love to see Mason signed, but I don't see him leaving Baltimore.

Stanley Morgan or Irving Fryar available too ?
How about Russ Francis or Ben Coates or Marv Cook at TE ?

Don't put it past BB, this in fact might be true................. Yikes !

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes