PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats claim CB Antwaun Molden

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll probably get extensive time tonite, so forget about seeing starters at CB on the field. This NYG games is such a waste and not worth the risk of injury it poses. The Giants have it worse playing a second exhibition game in 72 hours.

Bellichick ought to put the musket shooters in there in the second half to gun down any Giant who makes it into the secondary.

That's what I'm thinking. They're a little light on secondary players and special teams guys so they've signed up Ventrone, Molden, and Underwood to play some serious snaps tonight.

I like this signing. A DB with some size. I mean is Butler really that safe on this roster? I don't think so. This guy could do 1 of 2 things. Motivate Butler to be better. Show some skill in the what? 1-2 weeks he may be here and take Butler's spot. I for one would like a DB over 6 foot just for a change.

I like this signing. A DB with some size. I mean is Butler really that safe on this roster? I don't think so. This guy could do 1 of 2 things. Motivate Butler to be better. Show some skill in the what? 1-2 weeks he may be here and take Butler's spot. I for one would like a DB over 6 foot just for a change.

Molden has about 48 hours left to impress the coaches. Rosters have to be at 53 by saturday.

Butler's not great but he knows the defense and Molden doesn't so Molden would have to be very good to beat him out.

It might also be to motivate Arrington. Arrington has played like crap and Molden could duplicate Arrington's coverage/special teams play.

Here's an opinion on Molden from the AFC South reporter at espn:

Scouting report on CB Molden - espnBoston

"They were really big on him when he first arrived in Houston as a third-round pick in 2008. I remember being at camp that first year and you ask the question, 'Who has been surprisingly good?' Eveyrbody was raving about Molden, but he never lived up to that initial good impression," Kuharsky relayed.

"Here is a team that has been desperate for DB help that went out and signed the second-best cornerback available in the free-agent market [Johnathan Joseph]. They're not going to let people go that they think can help a secondary that was on pace to be historically bad for a good stretch of last season.

"Molden looks the part (6-foot-1, 200 pounds), but he was dinged up consistently for them. As they brought in more and more people, he fell deeper and deeper down the depth chart. Maybe in a new situation, with new coaching and a new scheme, he has a chance. But if I'm a Patriots fan, I'm not doing cartwheels thinking that this guy will be a savior. I'm thinking of him as a back-of-the-cornerback depth chart candidate to be developed."

This has nothing to do with the Antwaun Molden signing, but I have a really bad feeling about Leigh Bodden. I have absolutely no reasoning behind it, its just a gut feel that maybe his injury is worse than we think. I really hope im wrong about this though. I also had a bad feeling about Ty Warren, but I was still shocked when he got cut.

This has nothing to do with the Antwaun Molden signing, but I have a really bad feeling about Leigh Bodden. I have absolutely no reasoning behind it, its just a gut feel that maybe his injury is worse than we think. I really hope im wrong about this though. I also had a bad feeling about Ty Warren, but I was still shocked when he got cut.

I have that worry too, though I feel if his injury was that bad he'd be gone already. Coming off a season long injury last year, I just don't see BB keeping him around with his salary, if he was truly that bad.

I think it's more about playing it safe and letting the bottom half of the CBs fight it out for depth spots.

Maybe ...Arrington.....has being put in IR...for being burned so often against the Lions...:spygate:

Molden has about 48 hours left to impress the coaches. Rosters have to be at 53 by saturday.

Butler's not great but he knows the defense and Molden doesn't so Molden would have to be very good to beat him out.

It might also be to motivate Arrington. Arrington has played like crap and Molden could duplicate Arrington's coverage/special teams play.

I think Slater has more to worry about than Butler or Arrington. Molder might offer more as a DB than Slater does as a WR.

Supposedly Molden is a very good STer

Last edited:

He is doing a good job fooling me then.

Bodden better not be injured otherwise its safe to say that the guy is maded out of glass!!!

Does anyone think Antwan Molden will ever get to cover Antwan Bolden?

Never heard of him…but if you say his name really fast 3 times, it start to sound like "Anquan Boldin." That would be cool.

I made that mistake on another site. What a loser I am sometimes:bricks:

The Texans let go of a CB...and someone picks them up?

Maybe BB thinks he can be used in a different manner...but didn't the Texans have one of the worst pass defenses last year (was he even on their roster last year...I would sorta feel better if he wasn't).

we got bodden from detroit

actually for a guy who just got here 2 days ago, he didn't play all that bad. Nothing great, but can't expect him to. Still don't think he makes the team, but gotta think he'd be just as good as Butler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes