PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

#Patriots_Fans_Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too many prime time games, I want Pats at 1pm on Sunday. That's it. Maybe some 4pm's but only like 3.

Definitely agree on the dvr.. Serious issue at my place

Having to update my computer backgrounds because they keep bringing home more Lombardi's

Some fans are frustrated their team has never won the SB,
Pats fans are frustrated that we haven't had our first 3 peat.

Some fans are frustrated that they have never been to a SB,
Pats fans are frustrated that we have never had a 19-0 season.

Some fans dream of a 11-5 season,
Pats fans wonder if we will go, 16-0,14-2 or 13-3, an 11-5 season is viewed as a disaster.

First world problems.

I don't know how you do it man. I would never host a Super Bowl Party if the Pats were playing. Me, TV, and nobody else when the Pats are playing in the Super Bowl.

Yeah, I am actually with you there.

I thought of it because I have hosted in years when we weren't in it. I won't host it when we are in it, but the FAMILY is still there.

The family is nowhere nearly as invested as me, so they chat about funny commercials, or (gasp!) NON-FOOTBALL things when a key play is going on. Then they wonder why I am not paying attention to THEM! Ummm. family, there is a game going on here! I will talk about funny commercials and the halftime entertainment later, OK?

Kind of like marriage, what once was exciting and new has become expected and common place. I'm not ashamed to admit that occasionally I need to take medication to get excited for some playoff games/super bowls.

Some fans are frustrated their team has never won the SB, Pats fans are frustrated that we haven't had our first 3 peat.

Some fans are frustrated that they have never been to a SB, Pats fans are frustrated that we have never had a 19-0 season.

Some fans dream of a 11-5 season, Pats fans wonder if we will go, 16-0,14-2 or 13-3, an 11-5 season is viewed as a disaster.

First world problems.
That's everyone though, not just Pats fans

I’m always so focused on the SB I can’t get excited about the commercials.

I feel like a browns fan during the pro bowl.

Those fans of teams that exceed expectations sure seem have fun.

Sometimes I miss super bowl trivia questions about the patriots because I get the games mixed up.

It’s so hard to predict how long the first 31 draft picks will take before tuning in.

I thought of it because I have hosted in years when we weren't in it. I won't host it when we are in it, but the FAMILY is still there.

The family is nowhere nearly as invested as me, so they chat about funny commercials, or (gasp!) NON-FOOTBALL things when a key play is going on. Then they wonder why I am not paying attention to THEM! Ummm. family, there is a game going on here! I will talk about funny commercials and the halftime entertainment later, OK?
Wait, you let them talk during the game?

Every year I debate ordering the complete set of rings from all the championships, but I keep feeling like I should wait (they don't leave any spaces in the display case for new ones).

Another year of watching the Super Bowl alone, with no family or friends, because no one will watch a Super Bowl with me when the Pats are playing. It’s okay, I’m getting used to it with the experience.....

Kind of like marriage, what once was exciting and new has become expected and common place. I'm not ashamed to admit that occasionally I need to take medication to get excited for some playoff games/super bowls.
Well, if following this team is like a marriage then last year's SB was make -up sex.

I don't know how you do it man. I would never host a Super Bowl Party if the Pats were playing. Me, TV, and nobody else when the Pats are playing in the Super Bowl.

You should have used an antenna to record all those amazing victories with the appropriate DVR system of your choice. No encryption! Now you're in quite the pickle. My suggestion is if you've got component outputs on your DVR you purchase a device that will record it as you play it. That's your only choice for saving those.

Or better yet. Local channels in the US are in the clear with the cable provider, correct? No encryption? If so, then you do the same thing with the antenna, just without the antenna.
NBC Channel 10 has trouble getting through where we live.

On a more critical note, is there any technological method of hearing everything Al Michaels, who I really like, says, while automatically muting Chris Collinsworth any time he opens up his stupid mouth?

I'm not interested in subjecting myself to another three and one half hours of Collinsworth blabbering on endlessly about Patriots' fake scandals, controversies, cheating, asterisks and all the other national propaganda diatribes which have no basis in reality and no relevance to football.

And my doctor says bleeding from my ears is a bad sign.

-Finding new Super Bowl records to break takes a lot of research.

-Five Lombardis < David f'n Tyree and Mario f'n Manningham. (with a side order of "Catch the goddamn ball, Asante!")
Oh - and one "Catch the goddamn ball, Wes!"

My daughters enjoyed the halftime show last February, while I was recharging, restocking munchies and scheming as to how we were going to get back in the game.

Spent the fourth quarter mostly, explaining to my older daughter how the clock was really, really, really becoming an increasingly huge factor with each passing second...

Watching your favourite players leave after distinguished careers and underperform with their new teams always makes me sad. But when they leave those teams because they dislike the losing culture and return to play well again on cheap contracts, it makes me happy.

Living in an area where everyone else has no idea of the joy of having your team win the Super Bowl...........but they do punch horses, run into subway poles and throw snowballs at Santa......................
And they try to give me sh*t????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore