PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Tackle Matt Light Suffers Leg Injury, Seen Leaving Stadium in Walking Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Patriots Tackle Matt Light Suffers Leg Injury, Seen Leaving the Stadium in a Walking Boot
By: Ian Logue

The goal in any blowout late in the game is to escape healthy, and the Patriots appear to have suffered a potential loss during Monday night's 34-3 win over the Cheifs....

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Patriots Tackle Matt Light Suffers Leg Injury, Seen Leaving the Stadium in a Walk

Well, that's not good, although I guess it's better than leaving on crutches.

Re: Patriots Tackle Matt Light Suffers Leg Injury, Seen Leaving the Stadium in a Walk

At least this is a position where we have some depth (thought certainly not as experienced as Light). Hopefully, he'll be back soon in a couple weeks.

I know Wendell went in for Connolly. Anyone know his status (did he make it back in)?

I know Wendell went in for Connolly. Anyone know his status (did he make it back in)?

I think the announcers mentioned that Connolly was back late in the game.

Could be worse... it could have been an Ugg boot.

Yes, but we all want to know: Is Todd okay?

Last edited:
Re: Patriots Tackle Matt Light Suffers Leg Injury, Seen Leaving Stadium in Walking Bo

When he went down, I saw Solder as the LT and Cannon as the RT. Wonder why they didn't bother moving Vollmer to LT then. Hmm

Re: Patriots Tackle Matt Light Suffers Leg Injury, Seen Leaving Stadium in Walking Bo

When he went down, I saw Solder as the LT and Cannon as the RT. Wonder why they didn't bother moving Vollmer to LT then. Hmm

He's not even coming close to properly doing his job at RT, let alone LT--which I imagine is your entire point ;)

I know that his back is hurt, plus it was cold etc, but it's not a promising thing to see from someone who we all thought of so highly coming into the season.

I hope Light comes back, but having Solder as a backup LT is a pretty good situation to be in considering how much worse it could be. I don't think Light will play this weekend, but who knows?

Injuries are obviously a bad thing but when we've got a young, inexperienced backup I often think of the good the playing time will do and a good opportunity to evaluate him under pressure. Assuming a positive outcome in the game the replacement is playing in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft