PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots sign Rex Burkhead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can play power back, receiving back, slot WR and special teams. BB will probably put him at CB. Seriously, BB must have wanted this guy for years.

I love this signing. He may not look like it but he's an inside power runner (that can catch). Hope he gets a chance to prove himself.

22 carries for 119 yards vs. the Ravens. A much better RB than Hill but the Bengals found out too late.
I saw some of that game, was very impressive. I think he's gonna get 150-200 carries this year.

I like Burkhead but is there room for him here? Maybe he replaces Bolden?

I love this signing. He may not look like it but he's an inside power runner (that can catch). Hope he gets a chance to prove himself.

22 carries for 119 yards vs. the Ravens. A much better RB than Hill but the Bengals found out too late.
He weighs 214 so no reason he can't.

Its no Blount at 250

But much more than Dlew 195 and White 194.

It's enough to carry the load in a committee.

White/Lewis/Rex is enough. I might just add a mid round pick to this and call it a day. If no back can be found in the draft then Blount or Bolden could come back. I suppose you could do it now and still draft one but only so many will make it out of camp. And guys want a certain amount of reps even as part of committee. I'd love Blount in this group too but I don't know if a 4 man committee works.

In the Bengals' Week 17 game against the Baltimore Ravens, Burkhead carried the ball 27 times for 119 yards.

Warren Sharp @SharpFootball Rex Burkhead (visiting NE) was #2 in success rate for RBs. But on plays that weren't successful, he was the #1 RB in fewest missed yards.

Basically, it means he gets yardage even when there isn't much to get..

In the Bengals' Week 17 game against the Baltimore Ravens, Burkhead carried the ball 27 times for 119 yards.

That's more yards rushing than we've had against the Ravens in 5 years - cumulative.

Burkhead is a legit every down back that's been looking for a chance to play. No way in hell he's coming here to replace Bolden.

The guy is 5'10 218 lbs. That's at least 10 lbs on White and 20 on Lewis. He can run inside like Lewis, but with more power and durability. I love White, but he's not a great between the tackles guy. Rex can do both, which makes him far more valuable. He's more like Devonta Freeman or a poor man's Shady McCoy.

And the Woodhead comparisons need to stop. WAAAAAAAAAYYYYY different backs. Reminds me of when people called Jordy Nelson a slot guy - people see an unexpected white man and only compare them to other ones. Simpletons.

Sexy Rexy II is not getting 225 carries.

Anywhere between 75-125 is my guess.

Hes replacing 2012 Bolden before he was puffing weed.

2016- 209 ST snaps
2015-299 ST snaps
2014- 133/ 9 games
2013- 17/ 1 game

I think folks need to cool on him being an every down RB.

Pats aren't done at RB. Real chance of LG or drafting a kid who can run downhill will happen.

He weighs 214 so no reason he can't.

Its no Blount at 250

But much more than Dlew 195 and White 194.

It's enough to carry the load in a committee.

White/Lewis/Rex is enough. I might just add a mid round pick to this and call it a day. If no back can be found in the draft then Blount or Bolden could come back. I suppose you could do it now and still draft one but only so many will make it out of camp. And guys want a certain amount of reps even as part of committee. I'd love Blount in this group too but I don't know if a 4 man committee works.

Yup. He's pretty much Green-Ellis/Ridley's size.

Sexy Rexy II is not getting 200 carries.

I think folks need to cool on him being an every down RB.
150 carries isn't out of the question.
I don't think anyone is calling him THE every down, but he has the traits to be one.
He has what it takes to be the leader of the committee.

Wasn't on my radar at all until he took over from Hill and Gio....after that he looked excellent and was being touted very highly on social media BEFORE we were linked with him. The fact many fans were mortified we were linked with him says a lot.

You can be an effective through the tackles back at 215-220 lab's, especially if you're only 5'10. He's really good and lowering his pads, and even better at maximizing his yards by lowering his pads and falling forward for another 1-3 yards. He also has good lower body strength and excellent short area burst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes