PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots-Redskins: Who Has The Razor's Edge? Key Matchups and More

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Redskins are erratic, but they are better than the last several years. Cousins can miss wide open receivers, but is capable of getting into a groove and hitting Garcon especially. No one knows what to expect from DeSean Jackson since he's been out forever with bad hammies. The run game started strong this year, but has sputtered since. They have 2 big backs, but our run D has played well in the last couple of weeks. If Hall is back at CB, that's an interesting situation since he looks for the pick all of the time & can get torched when he gets fooled. As the stats indicate, we should be able to run & pass on them. I'd go uptempo on the Skins & don't give them a chance to think or rest.
The sports radio here in Virginia has been pretty funny since the radio guys think it will be a Pats blowout. I actually heard a caller saying he was worried that the Skins would be over confident. You could tell the radio hosts were trying not to dismiss his concern, but were very amused.
Hope this is helpful info.

The Redskins are erratic, but they are better than the last several years. Cousins can miss wide open receivers, but is capable of getting into a groove and hitting Garcon especially. No one knows what to expect from DeSean Jackson since he's been out forever with bad hammies. The run game started strong this year, but has sputtered since. They have 2 big backs, but our run D has played well in the last couple of weeks. If Hall is back at CB, that's an interesting situation since he looks for the pick all of the time & can get torched when he gets fooled. As the stats indicate, we should be able to run & pass on them. I'd go uptempo on the Skins & don't give them a chance to think or rest.
The sports radio here in Virginia has been pretty funny since the radio guys think it will be a Pats blowout. I actually heard a caller saying he was worried that the Skins would be over confident. You could tell the radio hosts were trying not to dismiss his concern, but were very amused.
Hope this is helpful info.

Do you know if they're more susceptible to power running backs? I know Chris Ivory ripped them a new one.

Do you know if they're more susceptible to power running backs? I know Chris Ivory ripped them a new one.
I'm not really sure if it's power backs giving them the most difficulty. I generally watch a little of their games & get more information from the sports radio guys. I expect they'll come out fired up, but that will only take you so far against a better team with future Hall of Fame QB, TE & Head Coach. If it's close at the half I'd expect to dominate the second half.

I'm not really sure if it's power backs giving them the most difficulty. I generally watch a little of their games & get more information from the sports radio guys. I expect they'll come out fired up, but that will only take you so far against a better team with future Hall of Fame QB, TE & Head Coach. If it's close at the half I'd expect to dominate the second half.

Yeah I feel you, this game is just screaming a Legarrette Blount game to me. I'm just not sure if the Pats will use him heavy throughout the game or if they'll go Dion Lewis in the first half and Legarrette in the 2nd half.

And this is what I love about the Pats this year. Teams can come out as fired up as they want, the Patriots will neutralize that with their adjustments. By the 4th quarter the game is either out of hand, and if isn't then it's about to be. This team truly plays hard for all 60 minutes and I love it. So many teams let up in the 4th quarter nowadays (at least it seems) that it's borderline ridiculous.

But yeah anyways this should be an interesting game, especially with Desean and Hall coming back.

If I were the redskins, I will rest Jackson and have him fresh for the NFC. Play smart in this game, come out injury free and put full attention on the Saints.

Last edited:
Unless we're working with very different definitions of 'trap game', that absolutely was one.

That isn't a trap game. A trap game is one against a clearly inferior opponent the week before a bigger showdown. Losing to a team that had been playing better than you is just getting beat and nothing more.

I'm interested in this game because the Skins give NE great practice at defending an offense with multiple possible targets. With Jackson back, they bring two legitimate WRs along with a promising youngster as well as a very good TE. It's a great opportunity for the defense to get some experience being stretched in a somewhat "safe" environment.

If I were the redskins, I will rest Jackson and have him fresh for the NFC. Play smart in this game, come out injury free and put full attention on the Saints.

Aha! Problem is- what you said makes sense.

As we all know, there's very little common sense in Washington. :rolleyes:

So we only have 4 non injured o-lineman on the roster.

Patriots - Redskins Injury Report

Shaq Mason is questionable, that would make 5. I imagine Stork gets activated. David Andrews plays guard and Shaq Mason as backup. so 6 active o-lineman. I'm hoping for a no injuries game. We need our o-lineman to heal.

While your comment makes some sense, I'd also take into account the current state of the NFCE and the fact that every game is big for the Redskins here on out. I'm not sure that they're in any position to "hold back" and focus on the NFC/next game.

Terrence Knighton is out with a migraine. I'm doubling down on my Blount for at least 100 yards and a TD prediction.

Terrence Knighton is out with a migraine. I'm doubling down on my Blount for at least 100 yards and a TD prediction.
I hope so, I have him on 2 of my fantasy teams... RUN all day baby!!!

Reactions: glm
Football Outsiders has them ranked as the 30th team vs. opposing offense's number 2 receivers. Also has them ranked 22nd against tight ends and 26th against the deep pass. Also has them ranked 23rd against the run.

imFczTiC5OZxe.gif

Kerrigan was my binky in 2011 after my previous binky (JJ Watt) clearly was out of reach. He's a fun a player to watch. Riley is decent and Robinson looks good. They have a lot of developing talent at OLB/DE with Murphy and Smith.

Fuhuhuhuhuck me.

If Pats can't beat the Redskins at home without Collins against a defense that will be missing Knighton, has injured CBs, and their best DE not 100% then big picture wise it's far worse than Collins missing the game because of a bug or whatever illness.

If Pats can't beat the Redskins at home without Collins against a defense that will be missing Knighton, has injured CBs, and their best DE not 100% then big picture wise it's far worse than Collins missing the game because of a bug or whatever illness.

I'm not worried about losing. I just really like watching Collins play. I'm glad it's just illness and not an injury. Although I say that hoping illness means flu and not staph infection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results