PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Daily News Thread Patriots practice 8/22/23

Daily news threads with relevant news, stories, video, or additional content around the team. Feel free to contribute anything interesting you come across as well, which will hopefully make these helpful for people to keep up with what's going on with the team by having all the news in one place.
His injury is to an ankle.

I would think the tackle position would be more challenging than guard from that standpoint.

Are you referring to Onwenu? Because I'm referring to Sow.

One thing we need to remember is that in training camp/pre-season guys are being tried at different spots along the line, taking reps against different defenders every day, lining up against unknown players from other teams, and focusing on fundamentals. Whereas during the season...the coaches have guys watch tape from Wednesday-Saturday on 2-3 guys that they will likely line up against, make sure they practice specific blocking techniques for said opponents, and make sure to scheme teammates on both sides to help out (e.g. Russ Hochstein vs. Panthers DL in Superbowl XXXVIII).

It is how Connor McDermott played fairly well down the stretch last year when pressed into duty, IMO.

If
Lets remember that Sow is not only a rookie transitioning into the NFL. He is a rookie who is also making a position change. A very tough ask for a kid, SO you are going to get the bad AND the good. What needs to be looked at is how much he improves or doesn't week to week. In an ideal world he becomes the back up RT for this year as starts to LEARN his craft.

How this turns out will tell us how good a OL coach Klemm actually is. If he can turn a 4th round G into a starting NFL OT over the next 3 years we will have a good clue
What I saw in preseason albeit a small sample size has me missing Cole.

AB is almost as much of a "former Patriots receiver" as Ochocinco, Galloway and Reggie Wayne

AB is almost as much of a "former Patriots receiver" as Ochocinco

Not even close....Ochocinco appeared in 15 games...starting 3...was targeted 32 times for 15 rec 276 yards and 1 TD....

AB? 1 game...8 targets...4 rec 56 yards and 1 TD.....almost exactly 25% of what Ochocinco did....LOL. And I don't even think he was a Patriot for more than 7 days?

Not even close....Ochocinco appeared in 15 games...starting 3...was targeted 32 times for 15 rec 276 yards and 1 TD....

AB? 1 game...8 targets...4 rec 56 yards and 1 TD.....almost exactly 25% of what Ochocinco did....LOL. And I don't even think he was a Patriot for more than 7 days?
All true... but they're similar in the way I guess the Patriots would not be the first team that comes to mind when we say "former ____ receiver". Didn't exactly contribute much here in the grand scheme compared to other teams.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back