PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots notebook: It’s different for Rob Gronkowski at this stage of his career

Status
Not open for further replies.

SammyBlueCat

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Patriots notebook: It’s different for Rob Gronkowski at this stage of his career – Boston Herald

But the Pats’ victory over Kansas City in Week 6 showed Gronkowski can still make his impact felt, even with reduced production. Against the same Chiefs defense this weekend, one of the worst in the league at covering tight ends, Gronkowski should have his opportunities to make one or two game-changing plays that could tip the scales and send the Patriots to another Super Bowl.

He wasn't needed as a receiving option much in the LAC game. You can tell he's healthier than ever though he literally took out two of the best linemen in the league(Ingram and Bosa) with his blocking. I have a feeling he's about to give us a vintage Gronk game this Sunday.

Rewatching the Chiefs game last night he only had 3 catches but he had 97 yards. He drew a PI and looked more like the old Gronk than we have seen. Maybe it was a bad defense or maybe it was just less wear and tear at that point in the year but I’d love to see that Gronk out there.

I'm hoping for big things from Gronk this weekend! They hid him in plain sight against the Chargers, focusing on his great blocking skills for that game. Go Gronk!

2nd greatest Patriot ever. I don't think it's debatable.

Last edited:
Great opportunity to remind the National audience about his greatness as a TE. I do not think the Chiefs expect him to be a receiving threat, so he will not be doubled. THis opens up opportunities for him.

How about 9 catches 130 yards and 2 TDs as his last AFC championship game swan song?

Great opportunity to remind the National audience about his greatness as a TE. I do not think the Chiefs expect him to be a receiving threat, so he will not be doubled. THis opens up opportunities for him.

How about 9 catches 130 yards and 2 TDs as his last AFC championship game swan song?

Patterson & Edelman are going to need to have huge games. Also need the screens with White & Michel. Limit the amount of time KC is on the field.

You really think that Gronk will not be thought of as a receiving threat?

I do think that KC can't cover a tight end to save their collective life, but that's something different. They do TRY to. Regardless, your stat line might be the understatement of the season LOL.

He wasn't needed as a receiving option much in the LAC game. You can tell he's healthier than ever though he literally took out two of the best linemen in the league(Ingram and Bosa) with his blocking. I have a feeling he's about to give us a vintage Gronk game this Sunday.

Assuming he doesn't retire, maybe this is the Gronkowski the Patriots will get for the rest of his career: a fantastic blocking TE that is occasionally a receiver as well.

I think it’s going to be a broken Berry on a broken Gronk 1 on 1 all game and we’ll see who comes out on top.

• Agree
Reactions: TBR
I'm not dismissing Gronk but it's very debatable.
Best at his position from 2011-2017. A seven year run as the best in the game hasn’t been done by any Patriot but Brady.

I agree that he shouldn't of been on the field. But he still wasn't close to making the tackle. Oh well.

To be fair, there were 10 other Patriots on the field that play whose jobs were literally to tackle guys. They all missed too.

Best at his position from 2011-2017. A seven year run as the best in the game hasn’t been done by any Patriot but Brady.

John Hannah was the best at his position for 10 years.

Gronk against Kelce. It’s going to be a Gronking to remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes