PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Never Had a Chance Against Goodell and Now Kraft, Brady Are Paying For It

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Patriots Never Had a Chance Against Goodell and Now Kraft, Brady Are Paying For It

Ian Logue

It's been a long year and the only thing we've learned is that Brady never really had a chance in this mess.

Continue reading...

Great article Ian!
After all, Kraft spent his wife’s final dying days trying to save the NFL from a lockout, which saw him bridge a gap between two sides that at the time didn’t seem close to overcoming.

That obviously must be gone from Goodell’s memory. That being said, if Kraft somehow thought Goodell would do the right thing when he backed down and accepted the loss of their draft picks and the accompanying $1-million penalty, he’s hopefully learned a valuable lesson with a man who has shown his true colors over this past year.

It was a bad gamble, and he lost in more ways than one. He gambled and lost precious time with the love of his life, as well as the adoration of the fans who before that moment would have done anything for him.

- See more at: Patriots Never Had a Chance Against Goodell and Now Kraft, Brady Are Paying For It - PatsFans.com

He gave up precious moments with his dying wife to save the league from a lockout-Was just thinking about this. And for what... Wish he had better spent his time with his wife.

Great article Ian!
After all, Kraft spent his wife’s final dying days trying to save the NFL from a lockout, which saw him bridge a gap between two sides that at the time didn’t seem close to overcoming.

That obviously must be gone from Goodell’s memory. That being said, if Kraft somehow thought Goodell would do the right thing when he backed down and accepted the loss of their draft picks and the accompanying $1-million penalty, he’s hopefully learned a valuable lesson with a man who has shown his true colors over this past year.

It was a bad gamble, and he lost in more ways than one. He gambled and lost precious time with the love of his life, as well as the adoration of the fans who before that moment would have done anything for him.

- See more at: Patriots Never Had a Chance Against Goodell and Now Kraft, Brady Are Paying For It - PatsFans.com

He gave up precious moments with his dying wife to save the league from a lockout-Was just thinking about this. And for what... Wish he had better spent his time with his wife.
Thanks. After I started it, the more I got into it, the more annoyed I got. Still boggles my mind we're at this point, but this whole thing hasn't made any sense from the beginning anyway. :rolleyes:

Great article Ian. I just got off the phone with the Patriots media relations dept. and they were great as usual. It takes up some of their time but the more they understand how their game feel the better off they are.

Thanks, Ian. Wish I could say I "liked" the content of what you wrote, but I doubt that even you liked it. But, it is the truth.

The long term ramifications of this "mess" have yet to play out, but they will not be good for the NFL. Drew Brees is no doubt the tip of the iceberg in terms of how most rational players feel.

How can Kraft get revenge (assuming that he wants revenge)?

One way is obvious. He can refuse to be the mediator between the large and small market owners during the next media rights negotiation. Jerruh is right. Why should Dallas and other big market teams (like the Patriots and our rivals in the NY Metro area) receive the same cut of Media revenues as small market teams that have trouble filling their stadiums? The argument that "the 32" provide a national audience is hogwash. The people in Buffalo and Charlotte will watch the NFL even if they don't have their own team. Revenues should be apportioned based on a formula related to the size of the media audience within a specific distance of the team's natural home, with provision for "shared markets" like parts of Connecticut and the Bay Area. If that drives a few marginal Franchises out of business or forces them to relocate, tough patouties.

The other way is riskier. He could "go rogue" during the next CBA and side with the players against the League, but I'm not sure "our Bob" has that in him. But, even if he simply doesn't play a conciliatory role (remember the Bear Hug with Jeff Saturday?), it would still hurt the League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case