PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Minicamp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. I think he makes the team at this point. The question becomes who misses out?

A bold prediction.

I don't see anyone on the list below missing out although with bad camps Coleman and Roberts could be sent packing.

Butler
Ryan
Billy Ray Cyrus Jones
Coleman
Roberts

Little early. No one has distinguished themselves yet.
It be a BB move if someone does.
Move on before having to deal with paying him.
Now im not advocating trading Ryan unless Jones or another young buck does the job as well or better than him.
Rather keep a cheap young talent then to lose that talent and then Lose Ryan next season anyway

Think he has a real good shot at sticking around

Actually, I think he broke out before today. This is just a continuation of his exceptional play.

It's too early to think the Pats hit gold again on another UDFA CB, but it isn't too early to dream.

It be a BB move if someone does.
Move on before having to deal with paying him.
Now im not advocating trading Ryan unless Jones or another young buck does the job as well or better than him.
Rather keep a cheap young talent then to lose that talent and then Lose Ryan next season anyway

I hear you. I'm thinking the same thing re: Ryan.

With all of the other players coming up as FA next year Ryan is sure as gone. Some idiot team will play him $12m in guarantees.

Big gamble for BB to trade a vet CB and have a rookie play in his place however if they trade him, they should do it before TC as in camp last year he was not very good.

Wait for a team to get a injury at the position then When Training camp winds down a third for Logan Ryan looks like a good move for a struggling team.

Think he has a real good shot at sticking around

All aboard the hype train! I really think Jonathan Jones is gonna be a very good CB. One thing not being mentioned is his outside skills. He is more than just a slot guy. Given a decent match up he can work very well on the outside provided he plays against players with builds not too much different than his. I said a while ago he would be our 2nd best pick up this year overall. I think he is gonna be that kind of player.

A bold prediction.

I don't see anyone on the list below missing out although with bad camps Coleman and Roberts could be sent packing.

Butler
Ryan
Billy Ray Cyrus Jones
Coleman
Roberts

The Pats probably have 6 actual NFL CBs. I think that is all there is too it. I would try to slip Coleman through waviers as things stand as the upside for Roberts and J Jones is too big. That or you trade Ryan for a player or pick.

Last edited:
All aboard the hype train! I really think Jonathan Jones is gonna be a very good CB. One thing not being mentioned is his outside skills. He is more than just a slot guy. Given a decent match up he can work very well on the outside provided he plays against players with builds not too much different than his. I said a while ago he would be our 2nd best pick up this year overall. I think he is gonna be that kind of player.

Congrats on being the first guy on the J. Jones bandwagon.

You called it as I recall.

"Ladies and gentlemen, pay close attention as the Gr8 Belidini pulls not one, but two starting CBs out of his hat, all without the benefit of a 1st round pick."

Last edited:
The Pats have 6 actual NFL CBs. I think that is all their is too it. I would try to slip Coleman through waviers as things stand as the upside for Roberts and J Jones is too big. That or you trade Ryan for a player or pick.

I really liked Coleman's play last season as a CB3. He will not slip thru to the practice squad.

Is there a way to spin it that BB is a bum for picking Cyrus Jones so early when the UDFAs are so good? Maybe Felger can come up with something better.

Is there a way to spin it that BB is a bum for picking Cyrus Jones so early when the UDFAs are so good? Maybe Felger can come up with something better.

He is not the pick I would have made at that spot given who was on the board but he seems to be doing pretty well. Playing up to his spot at this point i think from what i have heard so far. Considering Ryan is almost certainly gone next year due to a number of factors i am fine having a surplus of good CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft