PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Brady Knew About Moss Trade, Was In Touch With Branch Last Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no way a player would get called on for tampering.

A phone call happens, oe guy says, "Man, I wish you were on our team!!" Other guy says, "Me too, I'd love to catch passes from you." Then, "You should make it happen, dude."

You're telling me that's impermissable.

Come on.

I care far more about WHY Deion Branch didn;t do well in Seattle: he got hurt a bunch of times, and can't run anymore. Do you really want to bring back an overpaid WR who can't run? honestly, at this point Brandon Spikes is probably faster than Branch.

Of course Deion would tell Brady he loves the Patriots, bah bah bah...

He KNOWS that he WILL get cut by Seattle very very soon... He needs a sucker to pickup his $6m/yr salary..

What if Branch lacks the burst to separate from a CB with any consistency?

What if he's totally shut down by single coverage?

What if he doesn't create space for any other receivers?

:confused:

Last edited:

I'll defer those questions to Mr. Ernie Adams.

Aside from that, do you believe that Tom Brady is a tough competitor? Why would a tough competitor QB lobby hard to bring in a WR that can't get separation? It flies against everything Brady stands for.

Last edited:
What if Brady tears his other ACL next week?

I'll defer those questions to Mr. Ernie Adams.

Brady tearing his ACL would involve a change in his abilities.

Branch not being able to get open is pretty much where it stands right now.

Agreed. That said, I'd like to think Brady's concerns would be part of the process in deciding what is best for the team. Not that he is consulted in any way, but that how it will affect him is considered.

I agree with this stance. However, if Brady absolutely threw a fit over the move upon hearing about it, I would have to think that there is pretty much a 100% chance that this move doesn't happen. One thing you have to give Bill is that he's an incredibly effective manager. To be that, you don't alienate your star assistant manager... which is what Brady is to him. If Brady was that upset about the move and it turned into a shouting match, I really can't see this move happening. At least not this year. IMO, they would have kept him through the season and cut him loose in the offseason.

I recommend you watch Seattle, if he's still playing for them by this weekend. When he's in, he's shown the most quickness that I've seen out of him since the latter part of 2004. He's shown to be able to get space on a CB and haul in the ball. In fact, his numbers this season would be MUCH better if he saw more time than just situational work.

There's no way a player would get called on for tampering.

A phone call happens, oe guy says, "Man, I wish you were on our team!!" Other guy says, "Me too, I'd love to catch passes from you." Then, "You should make it happen, dude."

You're telling me that's impermissable.

Come on.

A conversation between players is not impermissible, except in case of tampering. But it is very difficult to prove that.

Last year a lot of free-agents signed on the day they became eligible, which was clear proof that tampering was going on, because they aren't allowed to have conversation with any member of a team prior to the day of eligibility. However, it is very difficult to prove that, which is why those free agents never got disciplined.

Have a look at the NFL anti-tampering policy then:

"The term tampering as used within the NFL refers to any interference by a member club with the employer/employee relationship of another club or any attempt by a club to impermissibly induce the person to seek employment with that club or with the NFL."

The term '"member club" is taken to mean any persons affiliated with a club, including players.

What if Eleanor Roosevelt grew propellers on her breasts so she could lead bombing missions over Germany in WWII?

Dude.... try the DeCaf...... enjoy the bye week. ;)

I recommend you watch Seattle, if he's still playing for them by this weekend. When he's in, he's shown the most quickness that I've seen out of him since the latter part of 2004. He's shown to be able to get space on a CB and haul in the ball. In fact, his numbers this season would be MUCH better if he saw more time than just situational work.

Kon

Have you seen a few Seattle games this year? I believe his ACL was in the 2007 playoffs it should be fully healed.

It's amazing the level of opinion on Branch and his condition. Is there several years of Seahawks gametape here at patsfans.com?

Of course Deion would tell Brady he loves the Patriots, bah bah bah...

He KNOWS that he WILL get cut by Seattle very very soon... He needs a sucker to pickup his $6m/yr salary..

His salary is guaranteed.

If he gets cut, the team that picks him up will pay a couple hundred grand. Seattle will pay the rest.

What if Eleanor Roosevelt grew propellers on her breasts so she could lead bombing missions over Germany in WWII?

Oww, my bladder! :D

I would love this move maybe 3 years ago but not today.I am sure it will happen.

Kon

Have you seen a few Seattle games this year? I believe his ACL was in the 2007 playoffs it should be fully healed.

It's amazing the level of opinion on Branch and his condition. Is there several years of Seahawks gametape here at patsfans.com?

Yeah, I have. Those with a negative opinion on Branch's ability as of today should probably check where that negative opinion is coming from. My guess is it's coming from the year 2006.

Yeah, I have. Those with a negative opinion on Branch's ability as of today should probably check where that negative opinion is coming from. My guess is it's coming from the year 2006.

In the games you watched, was Branch starting or the #4/5 type guy?

I am a bit surprised no one has any negative sentiment left over from the way Branch gave the organization the finger at the end of his tenure here.

If he can still play and it would bring TB some consolation, I am for bringing him in, but there's a small part of me that says:

"F" -him!...let him rot in Seattle....he may have cost us a SB appearance with his final contract year shenanigans.

I agree with this stance. However, if Brady absolutely threw a fit over the move upon hearing about it, I would have to think that there is pretty much a 100% chance that this move doesn't happen. One thing you have to give Bill is that he's an incredibly effective manager. To be that, you don't alienate your star assistant manager... which is what Brady is to him. If Brady was that upset about the move and it turned into a shouting match, I really can't see this move happening. At least not this year. IMO, they would have kept him through the season and cut him loose in the offseason.

I agree with you 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday