PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots AWAY game in London vs. Rams October 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't the Rams volunteer to give up a home game to be in London every year? I think that this is actually a case where the Rams made the decision, for the same reason that you cited. They'd rather sell out in London, and get some consideration from the league (I think?) than not sell out at home.

For a team going through a rough patch, it might be a good idea to sell out a game in London, pocket the cash and bank a few brownie points with the League.

But offering to do it "every year" kind of sounds like a team has given up on improving or is in a bad market; are you sure that they actually did that or is it just an internet or mediots rumor?

For a team going through a rough patch, it might be a good idea to sell out a game in London, pocket the cash and bank a few brownie points with the League.

But offering to do it "every year" kind of sounds like a team has given up on improving or is in a bad market; are you sure that they actually did that or is it just an internet or mediots rumor?

The Rams agreed to play one home game in England for each of the next three years, not 'every year' going forward.

Apparently they smoothed things over with the locals in St. Louis by letting them use the dome for five additional conventions annually during that time period. I guess the fact that they (the Rams) can control who gets to use the facility was one of the perks in the sweetheart deal to move to St. Louis back in the 90's.

CVC: Rams London Deal Could Be Lucrative For City « CBS St. Louis

The Rams agreed to play one home game in England for each of the next three years, not 'every year' going forward.

Apparently they smoothed things over with the locals in St. Louis by letting them use the dome for five additional conventions annually during that time period. I guess the fact that they (the Rams) can control who gets to use the facility was one of the perks in the sweetheart deal to move to St. Louis back in the 90's.

CVC: Rams London Deal Could Be Lucrative For City « CBS St. Louis

Thanks. Facts are great, ain't they?

I had completely forgotten that Jeff Fisher is the Rams new coach. There will be no shortage of storylines to rehash leading up to the game, despite it being what as of right now appears to be a huge mismatch.

• McDaniels vs the team that he was on as OC with last year
  • Fisher and the whole competition committee thing
  • Fisher supposedly upset about the Pats bringing in Vinny Testaverde with two minutes left in the 2006 game to complete what at the time appeared would be his final TD pass to make the final score 40-23
  • Fisher cheering Bobby Wade's low blow to Rodney Harrison's knee that ended his 2006 season earlier in that same game
  • Pats blowout the Titans in the snow the next time they met in 2009

Anyways, Fisher did have a good line at the combine today; perhaps he's already expecting another blowout.

"If you're going to play the Patriots, it's best not to play them in North America"

Here is some more from Fisher, commenting about Albert Haynesworth, Randy Moss and Brandon Lloyd:

It Is What It Is - Jeff Fisher Talks About Albert Haynesworth, Randy Moss And Playing The Patriots In England

Last edited:
I had completely forgotten that Jeff Fisher is the Rams new coach. There will be no shortage of storylines to rehash leading up to the game, despite it being what as of right now appears to be a huge mismatch.

• McDaniels vs the team that he was on as OC with last year
  • Fisher and the whole competition committee thing
  • Fisher supposedly upset about the Pats bringing in Vinny Testaverde with two minutes left in the 2006 game to complete what at the time appeared would be his final TD pass to make the final score 40-23
  • Fisher cheering Bobby Wade's low blow to Rodney Harrison's knee that ended his 2006 season earlier in that same game
  • Pats blowout the Titans in the snow the next time they met in 2009

Anyways, Fisher did have a good line at the combine today; perhaps he's already expecting another blowout.

"If you're going to play the Patriots, it's best not to play them in North America"
You left one out

[*] SBB plays the worlds smallest fiddle with his finger and thumb for Jeff as he talked about the Pats Titans playoff game at the NFL Experience event before the SB.

This will be the Rams home game loss,good for us.

Rams, CVC reach agreement on London game vs. Patriots - BostonHerald.com

I assume this means its likely that the Patriots Bye Week will be week 9 on November 4th weekend since I believe those overseas games usually precede that teams week off.

Week 9 Bye sounds perfect to get the players some rest and heal up for the home stretch, if it indeed is the bye week.

It was always going to be a Rams home game in essence. It will be like another home game because of all our UKPatriots including myself ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News