Status
Not open for further replies.

javajunky

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Baltimore 3rd Round 11th selection
Detroit 4th Round 9th selection
Oakland 5th Round 7th selection

We most likely owe Cleveland our 5th round pick for Andre' Davis, although the details of that trade are not yet disclosed.

With more picks coming to us for Free Agent Compensation the team’s future looks bright

Java Junky

javajunky said:
With more picks coming to us for Free Agent Compensation the team’s future looks bright

Anybody have any guesses as to what we might be getting? I can't even remember who we'll get compensation for. Traylor? He's started 13 games and has 28 total tackles.

The Baltimore pick ended up OK. I was hoping for higher but thankfully the rotation of the tied teams put them at the top of the 6-10 group in the 3rd round.

Traylor was released. We get bupkis for him... only for FA's who sign elsewhere.

OntarioPatsFan said:
Anybody have any guesses as to what we might be getting? I can't even remember who we'll get compensation for. Traylor? He's started 13 games and has 28 total tackles.
Patten and Andruzzi too. I forget who, if anyone, we signed to offset them.

For comp picks, we lost:

Patten - 5 yrs $13M contract should get us a 6th (maybe a chance for a 5th but he missed half the season due to injury)

Andruzzi - 4 yrs $9M contract should be worth a 6th.

Klemm - his contract might be enough for a 7th, but he lost his starting job at midyear so maybe not.

Jim Miller - released by the Giants before the season due to injury, so won't gain us anything.

We signed:

Monty Beisel - similar to Klemm (lower signing bonus though), hasn't played much obviously so might not qualify to count against us. He might be enough to cost us the 7th we get for Klemm or (if Klemm doesn't count and Beisel does) knock Anduzzi's pick down to a 7th.

Antuan Edwards - cut before the season so won't count against us.

Summary:

Most likely a 6th (small chance of a 5th), another 6th (which could drop to a 7th), small chance of another 7th. Not much, but since picking Tom Brady with a comp pick in 2000 we have pretty much used up all our comp pick luck anyway :)

My guess is a 5th for Andruzzi, a 6th for Patten and maybe a 7th for Klemm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft