PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots’ Kraft carries heavy heart this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

smg93

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Patriots' Kraft carries heavy heart this season - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

"The day after Myra’s death, when Kraft sat shiva with his family (including sons Danny, Josh and David; Jonathan flew to Atlanta to represent the club at an NFL owner meeting ratifying the tentative labor agreement), waves of current and former Patriots players arrived unannounced. Among the guests were wideout Randy Moss(notes), who was shipped out of town last October in an abrupt trade; Drew Bledsoe, Brady’s predecessor at quarterback, who flew in from Washington; and Raiders defensive lineman Richard Seymour(notes), traded by the Pats shortly before the start of the ’09 season."

Not a real big fan of the author, but this was a really great article on Robert and Myra Kraft.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing.

Folks, if you read only one article on the NFL today, this should be the one.

I'll just point out two quotes that I found remarkable:

Whereas Smith and others on the players’ side were often skeptical of the owners’ motives, they viewed Kraft’s insistence upon doing a deal fair to both sides to be genuine, which is one reason they repeatedly requested his presence.

The outpouring of support and compassion Kraft has received since Myra’s death has caught him off guard. “She doesn’t know how much she touched people,” he said, pointing to two overflowing boxes of letters next to his desk chair. “There are about 5,000 letters per box, and more boxes at home, and most of them I haven’t been able to open yet.

‘I do it at night, and then I have trouble sleeping. But I’ve vowed to read every one. I’ve vowed to read everything. She was the No. 1 topic worldwide on Twitter for three or four hours – I want to read it all."

Last edited:
Patriots' Kraft carries heavy heart this season - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

"The day after Myra’s death, when Kraft sat shiva with his family (including sons Danny, Josh and David; Jonathan flew to Atlanta to represent the club at an NFL owner meeting ratifying the tentative labor agreement), waves of current and former Patriots players arrived unannounced. Among the guests were wideout Randy Moss(notes), who was shipped out of town last October in an abrupt trade; Drew Bledsoe, Brady’s predecessor at quarterback, who flew in from Washington; and Raiders defensive lineman Richard Seymour(notes), traded by the Pats shortly before the start of the ’09 season."

Not a real big fan of the author, but this was a really great article on Robert and Myra Kraft.

I agree with both points.

Frankly, we have the best owner in sports, the best person. Everyone knows it. I wish there was some way things could be easier for Mr. Kraft this year.

I also wish I had the time to draw a portrait of Myra for him as a gift. This is something I almost feel I need to do. :(

I can't even begin to imagine the pain, loss and loneliness from losing a lifelong mate. Just thinking about it is heartbreaking.

Mr. Kraft is a strong person to be able to get through something like this and still be the glue that keeps the NFL together.

Wow, that's a tear-jerker.

I met my husband when we were both 16 years old. It's hard to explain just how much of yourself becomes wrapped up in a person you chart your whole life with. You grow up together, and become intertwined -- the directions you take, the strengths you develop are all shaped by having your partner there. It's like outsourcing part of your soul.

I hope Mr. Kraft can find strength and solace as he builds his new life.

Very touching, and well written. The only words I would have to say and would help Kraft and the Patriot's family in at least the short term would be, "Just win baby."

Last edited:
Who else was deeply saddened when in the 1st game the TV cameras showed Bob Kraft alone without Myra in his booth?

I think all of us Patriots fans felt like we lost our Grandmother that day.

She was an uplifting and strong woman and an inspiration to all women involved in owning a sports franchise.

Myra was one in a million and Robert's heavy heart is more than understandable.

To me, this was so much more than just a football story.

Mr. Kraft's relationship with Mrs. Kraft is I hope such an important example to many of us. They were/are such a great example to all of us.

That was so sad. :( I can't even imagine what he's going through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents