PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pat White in Round 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You cannot find a WR who is 6' 197 and runs a 4.57 that is worthy of a round 2 pick. Maybe 3rd round. That's just assuming that player has played WR and even wants to play the position. That would drop him to at least a 4th or 5th round pick for some desperate team.

A guy who I would seriously consider at #58 is James Casey, the TE/H-back from Rice. He's one of the most versatile guys in the draft. He worked out at the wildcat yesterday in his pro day, and apparently would have been in competition for the Rice QB position this year:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6345395.html

He can play TE, H-back, fullback, WR and even some QB in pinch. With Watson and Thomas both in contract years and not having played up to expectations, drafting Casey to pair with Chris Baker as our TEs after 2009 would not be a terrible idea. I personally think he would bring much more value than Pat White at #58.

How bout White as a 3rd down back? Just thinking our loud here. Good running skills, fear of the option pass, can be split out?

I can't see the Patriots taking White for any reason. First off, the guy has said that he does not want to play WR in the NFL under any circumstances. He's said he's a QB and nothing else. Secondly, if he's that stubborn about switching, what else is he stubborn about? That doesn't read as a team player to me..

Has he said this? Do you have a link? I've never heard that. I know he's been working out for teams as a WR, which doesn't jive with this claim.

I know that at the WVU pro day he only worked out at QB, but that is because his coach told scouts that would be what he was doing, and the coach (not the players or NFL reps) controls the pro days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back