PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Parade to Honor ’72 Dolphins and Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may have been satire, but i wouldn't put anything past the trogladits in Miami.

It is probably gonna give them the bright idea to do it!

Btw, how the hell do I change my screen name? Thanks

I thought at the very least the part about the Ravens was a dead giveaway.

You know...although as a Steelers fan, I was rooting against the Pats, just for the Dynasty and all, and the 4-0 coach and stuff...it didn't feel anything like watching the Hated Ravens lose to that pathetic Miami team.

That...that was freaking priceless.

Parade to Honor ’72 Dolphins and Giants

MIAMI – The Miami Department of City Planning has announced that on Friday, February 8th at noon there will be a parade to celebrate the New York Giants Super bowl win and the sole perfection status of the ’72 Dolphins. Formally known as the “Reeboks:Still Perfect Parade.”

According to city spokesperson Stacy Legacy unlike the New York parade and since canceled Boston parade the planning for this Parade did not begin until Monday. We got a huge number of calls from residents asking if and when the parade would be held. “At first we rejected the idea, as the Dolphins didn’t actually win anything, but after the 30th call we started to reconsider.”

The Parade will feature players from this year’s World Champion New York Giants, the ’72 Dolphins and even a few players from this year’s Dolphins squad.

In exchange for picking up the cost of police overtime the Reeboks Corporation received naming rights for the parade.

Eli Manning several other of this years Giants team will be on hand. Manning said, “this is a great honor, and would be great to share this success with the ‘sixth borough of New York.” Older brother Peyton and his father Archie will also be on hand for the filming of a commercial.

Legacy also explained that “many fans wanted us to throw a victory parade after the triumphant win over the Ravens, this parade will honor them too.”

Parade starts at 12:00 noon at NE 2nd Avenue and 35th Street.
Proceeds South on NE 2nd Avenue,
East on NE 15th Street,
South on Biscayne Boulevard,
West on NE 12th Street, North on NE 1st Avenue and e
Ends at the Festival Site/stage on NE 17th Street.

hehehe... what a bunch of PHUQIN losers.

You know...although as a Steelers fan, I was rooting against the Pats, just for the Dynasty and all, and the 4-0 coach and stuff...it didn't feel anything like watching the Hated Ravens lose to that pathetic Miami team.

That...that was freaking priceless.

they almost beat the stealers too big guy.

its amazing when the 72 fins keep saying we dont celebrate when the last undefeated team loses like everyone claims and now could throw a parade to that effect.
if the fins keep living in their past 72 fins history for the next 72 yrs i will take this parade.

Last edited:
Hey guys. First post on this board- I actually registered to make a comment on this thread.

Turns out this is false; a news article on a satire type website geared towards sports; much like the Onion News.

http://www.serioussportsnewsnetwork.com/2008/02/miami-parade-to-honor-giants-72-dolphins.html

Although I'm not a Pats fan; as a sports fan I didn't like seeing you guys being kicked when you were down.

Actually I authored this satire, posted it here, and then sent it to www.serioussportsnewsnetwork.com they did some editing and published it.

they almost beat the stealers too big guy.

True, but Almost Doesn't Count now does it? This "ain't" horseshoes.

We tend to have close calls with the Fins historically, and it seems everytime we play them, its in the rain...always in the freaking rain...

But we got the W and that's all that mattered that night, and the "Dirty Birds" got the Big Fat L to the worst team in the NFL this year.

hey you fans in san diego can really brag now - you gave up eli cause he thinks you all suck - smart move from a team with agreat history, ladies powder blue jerseys and a sissy rb who bails out in the playoffs - pat yourself on the back numskull alittle more

as to the 72 fins - they had a weak schedule in a watered down era-i saw some of those guys games they played some ridiculous teams and barely beat them - what they did does not measure up to what the pats did - in an era of free agents and parity, the pats crushed almost everyone - if it was notfor abunch of nonsense and a series of bad calls, this would all be different - mercury can shove his champagne bottle up the san diego coastline for all we care - class move fins have a parade to celebrate someone elses victory and someone elses loss that did not involve you at all - a little insecurity if you ask me.

Rooting for the fins make sense if you are from san diego i guess afterall the dolfins are a mammal with absolutely no external genitalia - i can see why you are such a vicarious fan, you have a lot in common huh:rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes