PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Panther fans concerned about Amendola and Dobson

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEPettyOfficer72

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
"Ok, with me being a realist here lets face it.. Not even Cheech and Chong on their highest day would believe that our corners can match up one on one with Amendola and Dobson .. those two run as good a routes as anybody and Dobson has to have some of the most nimblest feet in football for a young guy.. no way we leave Captain and Drayton on an island and expect to have success" any thoughts on that, it personally made me grin..

I'm concerned about them too but for Amendola getting hurt and for Dobson dropping passes.

I have to admit, I love reading stuff like this when the other fans get worried.. lol love it

Link?

I haven't seen a single Panther fan who was worried about Dobson, and the comments about Amendola have mostly been "He doesn't look right, so I think we can stop him.". The concerns I've seen have been about Gronk.

Link?

I haven't seen a single Panther fan who was worried about Dobson, and the comments about Amendola have mostly been "He doesn't look right, so I think we can stop him.". The concerns I've seen have been about Gronk.

Yeah that was the first one for me on Dobson and Amendola that I've seen but many ones on Gronk.. definitely.

Most of them are confident which is shocking.. as long as we stay healthy, we should be just fine on the vertical game tonight.

The concerns I've seen have been about Gronk.

As they should be. Gronk is really the only player on the offense who hasn't had an effective strategy established against him. There's really nothing a team can do when Gronk is rolling to slow him down (short of hoping he's playing hurt).

An argument could be made that Vereen has that potential matchup problem, but his current health (and health reputation) render that argument moot.

I could see Dobson and Amendola having a good game, but it won't be because they were a matchup nightmare. It'll just be because they executed well.

I'm concerned about them too but for Amendola getting hurt and for Dobson dropping passes.

Kind of getting tired of the Dobson/dropped passes posts.

4 of them came in his first game, that happened to be a in wet Thursday night slopfest of a game against the Jets.

Here are some notable players in the drops statistic

NFL Drops
Tavon Austin 7
Reggie Bush 7
Erick Decker 7
AJ Green 6
Brandon Marshall 6
Wes Welker 6
Jamaal Charles 6
Steve Smith 5
Stevie Johnson 5
Mohamed Sau 5
Anquan Boldin 4
Victor Cruz 4
Reggie Wayne 4 (out for the season, but it was 4 drops through 7 games)
Alshon Jeffery 4
Hakeem Nicks 4
Greg Jennings 4
Antonio Gates 4
Vincent Jackson 4
Calvin Johnson 4
Josh Gordon 4
TY Hilton 4

As they should be. Gronk is really the only player on the offense who hasn't had an effective strategy established against him. There's really nothing a team can do when Gronk is rolling to slow him down (short of hoping he's playing hurt).

An argument could be made that Vereen has that potential matchup problem, but his current health (and health reputation) render that argument moot.

I could see Dobson and Amendola having a good game, but it won't be because they were a matchup nightmare. It'll just be because they executed well.

Not so fast on Vereen. Granted he isn't in game shape, and his reps will be limited, but I think he will have an effect on the game.

Kind of getting tired of the Dobson/dropped passes posts.

4 of them came in his first game, that happened to be a in wet Thursday night slopfest of a game against the Jets.

Here are some notable players in the drops statistic

NFL Drops
Tavon Austin 7
Reggie Bush 7
Erick Decker 7
AJ Green 6
Brandon Marshall 6
Wes Welker 6
Jamaal Charles 6
Steve Smith 5
Stevie Johnson 5
Mohamed Sau 5
Anquan Boldin 4
Victor Cruz 4
Reggie Wayne 4 (out for the season, but it was 4 drops through 7 games)
Alshon Jeffery 4
Hakeem Nicks 4
Greg Jennings 4
Antonio Gates 4
Vincent Jackson 4
Calvin Johnson 4
Josh Gordon 4
TY Hilton 4

Unfortunately, using the official drop stats is pretty much worthless. We've seen that with Dobson himself. He's made clear and obvious drops that haven't been scored as such.

I hear they're also concerned about Legarette Blount returning kicks. "How do we stop this guy? Should we just kick it out of bounds and give them the ball at the 40?"

I just want to see a photo of Panthers in their new letterman jackets....

I just want to see a photo of Panthers in their new letterman jackets....

They're going with a pep rally stunt in Charlotte:

Panthers Want Fans To Wear All Black For 'Blackout' Monday Night Football Game Against Patriots « CBS Charlotte

The Panthers are asking all fans for a “Blackout” of the stadium that night, so get on your black jerseys or any black apparel and support your team!

Even thought they won’t be in their all black uniforms, they will be wearing their signature black jerseys and silver pants. In the offseason this year, the Carolina Panthers were voted on to have the title “Greatest Uniforms in NFL History” when they wore the all-black ones against the Denver Broncos (the Panthers lost that game btw).

If you have tickets, I’d go ahead and get inside the stadium to avoid the big lines around 7:45 so it’ll look great on TV for our national spotlight. You can tailgate earlier in the day and eat/drink a few in the stadium if you have to…it’s a special occasion for our city!​

If you have tickets, I’d go ahead and get inside the stadium to avoid the big lines around 7:45 so it’ll look great on TV for our national spotlight. You can tailgate earlier in the day and eat/drink a few in the stadium if you have to…it’s a special occasion for our city!

Maybe the whole stadium could wear black letterman jackets. Yeah, that's the ticket....

:rocker:

Methinks you're making this up.

Panthers Want Fans To Wear All Black For 'Blackout' Monday Night Football Game Against Patriots « CBS Charlotte
The Panthers are asking all fans for a “Blackout” of the stadium that night, so get on your black jerseys or any black apparel and support your team!

Even thought they won’t be in their all black uniforms, they will be wearing their signature black jerseys and silver pants. In the offseason this year, the Carolina Panthers were voted on to have the title “Greatest Uniforms in NFL History” when they wore the all-black ones against the Denver Broncos (the Panthers lost that game btw).

If you have tickets, I’d go ahead and get inside the stadium to avoid the big lines around 7:45 so it’ll look great on TV for our national spotlight. You can tailgate earlier in the day and eat/drink a few in the stadium if you have to…it’s a special occasion for our city!

"Even though they won’t be in their all black uniforms, they will be wearing their signature black jerseys and silver pants"

Wow, silver and black, no one has ever done that before. I bet they look so cool.

Last edited:

I remember being a kid in the 90s when we started getting the national games for the first time basically in my football life it was a big deal. Now its old hat for us but seeing that last line made remember the old days.

Wow. "Look great on TV for our national spotlight." Playing well during the game is a better way to do that.

And "voted on to have the title “Greatest Uniforms in NFL History”..." Where? And are they saying they received at least a vote or that those uni's won?

And "voted on to have the title “Greatest Uniforms in NFL History”..." Where? And are they saying they received at least a vote or that those uni's won?

Must have been a poll in the Charlotte newspaper...

Dobson is getting better and better every single week. Teams and fans shouldn't worry about him now..but next year? He can be special

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes