PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Packers v. Bears MNF thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
easy int dropped and now cutler makes them pay...

I HATE these commentators.

they just look at the last guy who makes a play and then go on a rant how awesome he is apart from sucking up to the superstar players..

easy int dropped and now cutler makes them pay...

Cutler should have something like 4 int's tonight but the throws keep getting dropped or he gets bailed out on penalties.

The defender looked back and the receiver went through him. That's not supposed to be a penalty.

Packers have committed referee assisted euthanasia tonight.

Is there any doubt anymore that Jaws is the worst color commentator on NFL broadcasts, apart from his partner? God damn, Bennett practically climbed over the Green Bay corner and they couldn't agree with the call and each other fast enough. I think they're wrong half the time.

The Packers are ******ed. Once they gave up the PI to get to the 6 yard line, they should have simply let Chicago score the TD. At least then they would have had a fighting chance on offense instead of hoping the Bears missed an extra point length field goal.

And the Bears are ******ed for having tried to score. They should have just taken 3 knees once they were on the 6 (with the final play moving the ball to whichever hashmark the kicker prefers).

Is there any doubt anymore that Jaws is the worst color commentator on NFL broadcasts, apart from his partner? God damn, Bennett practically climbed over the Green Bay corner and they couldn't agree with the call and each other fast enough. I think they're wrong half the time.

Glad I'm not the only one who saw it that way. That rule really needs to be fixed.

Glad I'm not the only one who saw it that way. That rule really needs to be fixed.

It's not a rule, it's an interpretation. The refs failed to see the corner had established position and had his head turned because Bennett had the corner's helmet in a bear hug and was climbing up the back of him. Refs have an uncanny prediliction for interpreting contact as a defensive penalty.

And the Bears are ******ed for having tried to score. They should have just taken 3 knees once they were on the 6 (with the final play moving the ball to whichever hashmark the kicker prefers).

After all the "gimmee" FGs missed this weekend and a great D, I'd take a sure TD and leave GB with 45 seconds.

It's not a rule, it's an interpretation. The refs failed to see the corner had established position and had his head turned because Bennett had the corner's helmet in a bear hug and was climbing up the back of him. Refs have an uncanny prediliction for interpreting contact as a defensive penalty.

True, and I stated my point badly. I just want the damned thing called consistently, and fairly.

After re-watching it, it's pretty clear Bennett attempted to stop and the DB ran into him.

Edit: I guess you could have called it icidental contact, but the DB had his arm around Bennett, so it wuld be pretty tough for the ref not to call it.

Last edited:
Well I enjoyed that.

True, and I stated my point badly. I just want the damned thing called consistently, and fairly.

No, i knew what you meant, I should have acknowledged that.

Anyways, the MNF curse continues. I hope ABC/ESPN loses the NFL the next time the bids come around because they must have a horrible corporate policy whereby color commentators are paid based upon how many players they compliment as fine young men.

After all the "gimmee" FGs missed this weekend and a great D, I'd take a sure TD and leave GB with 45 seconds.
If the Packers let the Bears score on that first play after the pass interference, they would have got the ball back with 1:40 and 1 time out. Gould has never missed a FG from inside 30 yards and is 215 for 216 from inside 30 yards if you include extra points. So essentially the Packers had less than a one half of one percent chance of forcing overtime.

Now maybe the odds aren't overwhelmingly in your favor that Rodgers goes the length of the field, but I bet it's better than 1/2 of 1%.

Either way, Green Bay is screwed if they don't develop a running game. Rogers had some inflated numbers that didn't turn into much points wise.

If the Packers let the Bears score on that first play after the pass interference, they would have got the ball back with 1:40 and 1 time out. Gould has never missed a FG from inside 30 yards and is 215 for 216 from inside 30 yards if you include extra points. So essentially the Packers had less than a one half of one percent chance of forcing overtime.

Now maybe the odds aren't overwhelmingly in your favor that Rodgers goes the length of the field, but I bet it's better than 1/2 of 1%.

1:40 and a time out is plenty for Rodgers. Not letting Chicago score, plus Lovie's decision not to take a knee on 3 plays then kick the FG are both pretty mind-boggling and illustrate just how lucky we are to have a coach who can, you know, coach.

The Packers are ******ed. Once they gave up the PI to get to the 6 yard line, they should have simply let Chicago score the TD. At least then they would have had a fighting chance on offense instead of hoping the Bears missed an extra point length field goal.

Agreed. I dunno what either team was thinking, but the Packers in particular came out looking stupid. Were they that confident that Cutler would throw an INT, or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back