PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Packers release Terrence Murphy-worth a look?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosi Moose

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
A 2nd Rd pick last year. Anyone know anything about him? Is he worth bringing in this week for a look?

Terrence Murphy

Height: 6-1
Weight: 202
Position: Wide Receiver
College: Texas A & M University
Born: December 15, 1982

A second round draft pick of the Green Bay Packers in the 2005 NFL draft, Terrence is the son of Brenda Guthrie and was born on December 15, 1982 in Tyler, Texas. Terrence attended Chapel Hill (Tyler, Texas) High School, playing football for coach Darold Turner where he earned offensive Most Valuable Player honors in District 15-4A at quarterback while passing for 1,149 yards and 11 touchdowns and completing 65 of 158 passes as a senior. He also rushed for 512 yards and seven touchdowns on 92 carries. Terrence was a two-time team captain for the Texas A & M Aggies football team and member of the squad's Leadership Council. One of the team's best athletes, Murphy earned 4x4 and Aggie Elite status during the offseason training program and set a school conditioning record with a 41½-inch vertical leap. He majored in Agricultural Development at Texas A & M

From RotoWorld :

Murphy injured his neck last season, revealing a spinal cord condition. He contends he's healthy enough to play, but the Packers' doctors disagree. He is now subject to waiver claims, but it appears his career could be over.

BelichickFan said:
From RotoWorld :

Murphy injured his neck last season, revealing a spinal cord condition. He contends he's healthy enough to play, but the Packers' doctors disagree. He is now subject to waiver claims, but it appears his career could be over.

Thanks. I didn't know about the injury. I should have realized something was wrong when a 2nd rounder is released after one year :)

On a side note didnt Kelly Washington from the Bengals have the same problem coming out from college? He still plays, albeit a little.

take a shot at him. Worse thing that can happen is he fails the examination..

mcsully said:
take a shot at him. Worse thing that can happen is he fails the examination..

No, the the worst thing that can happen is that he ends up like Darryl Stingley and paralyzed. While it can happen to any player on any play, there's no reason to chance fate. The Patriots franchise has already seen it happen once, and while it may have been over a quarter century, those of us old enough to remember haven't forgotten. It devastated not only Stingley, changing his life forever in an instant but it left the team shell shocked from that pre-season game on, throughout the season.
It's not my place to tell Terrence Murphy (he does have a good name for a Boston team though) what to do but while it's one thing to worry about hobbling around on a bad knee from playing with injury, it's another thing altogether to worry about becoming a quadraplegic because of a narrow spinal cord. Last time I remember doctors disagreeing about whether it was safe for a guy to play was Reggie Lewis and we know how that turned out, sadly....
Just my $0.02,

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back