PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Owners Meeting this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagicMarker

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Maybe this is nothing, but ordinarily I would have thought this would be a minor owners meeting..Maybe an update on LA, a few procedural things.

Jerry Jones just had a hip replacement. He's allowed to make ONE trip. He chose to go to the owners meeting, rather than Charles Haley's induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. If you heard Haley's speech, it sounds like he would have wanted Jones to introduce him -- after all Jones did for his daughter with leukemia.

Steve Jones handles most of the day to day stuff -- he could have gone to the owners meeting. But, Jerry decided he needed to be there.

Just a little wishful thinking, but the fallout from Roger Goodell getting caught lying in the Brady appeal means he might get a serious earful on Tuesday.

Just a little wishful thinking, but the fallout from Roger Goodell getting caught lying in the Brady appeal means he might get a serious earful on Tuesday.

Definitely.

Your argument doesn't indicate which side Jones is on, if any. But it does suggest Jones expects an intense meeting.

If it was just to rubber stamp Roger, I don't think Jerry would have to use his one trip on this.

I agree, this is significant. Hard to know exactly why he wants to attend, maybe to talk Kraft off the ledge or weigh in on the status of the commish who could very well be on thin ice. None the less it seems like something important will be discussed.

Jerry has already spoken and it isn't to support Kraft.

Maybe Jerry's endorsement of Goodell (and indirect slap to the Patriots/Kraft) will end up along the same lines of when dozens of coaches/managers/GM's who are endorsed publicly only a few weeks before they are unemployed.

I hope they have a nurse and a case of sodium pentothal available for our favorite commissioner. I do so hope he is well rested for his contempt case. Hey maybe keep him going and have him wheeled in for that...that'd be agrreable to me :).

He never said that he does not support Kraft. He said that he supports the commissioner.

These guys are slicksters. Especially Jerruh.

I know this is unlikely but I would love it if Bob Kraft gave a presentation of the integrity issues of the overall behavior of the NFL - demands an investigation into all of Goodell's rulings - and then makes a vote of "no confidence" in the commissioner

The Owners who oppose NE will force Kraft back in line, nothing more. Crackhead Bob will be humming the company tune again just in time for the midweek shenanigans in NYC.

If Bobby wants any respect from me he needs to take actions against the league, not just hollow words used as a face-saving measure.

Last edited:
Kraft is weak. We've read this and that on this board for half a year... Kraft will do this, such and such will happen...

Kraft hasn't done anything of value save a nifty website and a couple of speeches without backing.

He never said that he does not support Kraft. He said that he supports the commissioner.

These guys are slicksters. Especially Jerruh.
If I recall Jerry said that Kraft should take it for the good of the League like he said Jerry should in the cap violations. I don't consider that an endorsement of Kraft.

I'm not saying Jerry doesn't support Goodell (and I think he's sincere but more talking about other owners) but, what guys say in public isn't necessarily what they believe privately. Bashing the commish publicly isn't good for PR. Sounds like privately not everybody is against Kraft.

If I recall Jerry said that Kraft should take it for the good of the League like he said Jerry should in the cap violations. I don't consider that an endorsement of Kraft.
I've read his comments and you are correct in quoting what he said.

I just don't believe a word any of these guys say publicly.

Deflategate will not be a topic this week. It's all about LA and who should get to work building their stadium.

I know the NFL has rules about publicly criticizing the league/commish, but my question is, what IS Kraft allowed to do in private?

For instance, maybe he can't publish all the BS emails back/forth with the league to the whole public, build a case against Roger, show how full of **** he is... but can he put together a document like that and distribute it to the other 31 owners in private? Lobby to get Roger thrown out for his nonsense? Would such an action be against the NFL rules?

I would assume the owners are allowed to be blunt/honest in private amongst eachother...

Jerry Jones is a snake. He is going to try gain support from the other owners to remove Kraft from league committees. Jerry Jones is jealous of Patriots success and Krafts popularity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back