PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Our biggest remaining schedule stretch to ruin the 2 game streak

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
IMO The only way we don't break the streak of not losing 2 consecutive games comes in November when we play on Monday Night against the Vikings At Minnesota and the following week against Indianapolis here at the Razor,Otherwise barring an injury to a key player there isn't 2 other consecutive weeks besides those 2 teams that we play who will make the playoffs or worthy of beating us back to back - If the Colts end our streak it will be time to slice my wrist with the sharpest knife I own ...anyone but them

I doubt we would lose to the Vikings even with their impressive 3-1 record because they lost to the Bills and haven't really played truly dominant teams, and if you saw how tough the Jets played the Colts, it would be safe to say Belichick will be inside Manning's head again. As well as the Colts are doing so far, they are not as good a team as they were last year and the Patriots are a much improved team from the much-maligned one of the past year. I'd be surprised if we didn't win both games.

Aren't the Vikings 2-2?

Last edited:
zippo59 said:
Aren't the Vikings 2-2?
Correct But the Vikings game is at their home and on a monday night,its always tough to beat the vikings at their place in prime time...seems like they are a different team under the national spotlight..we will see - Brad Johnson is about 75 years old though I think,so that helps:)

See, even more telling, I didn't actually care to check the Vikings' actual record :p You may be right about the prime time thing, but I can't see Belichick getting out-coached and I think we have the better team talent-wise. The NFL is a fickle beast however and anything can happen on any given Sunday/Monday/Sat...etc.

As far as records go, this isn't exactly "56", "755", or even "21".

PATRIOT64 said:
Correct But the Vikings game is at their home and on a monday night,its always tough to beat the vikings at their place in prime time...seems like they are a different team under the national spotlight..we will see - Brad Johnson is about 75 years old though I think,so that helps:)

I believe that the trend you're mentioning started with Moss. I think it'll end with the Patriots.

letekro said:
As far as records go, this isn't exactly "56", "755", or even "21".

We all know streaks don't matter compared to Super Bowls, but this particular streak is one way to quantify a "dynasty." (even though I hate all the talk about the d-word; last year was unbearable!)

The NFL record is 60 weeks without back to back losses. Looks like the Pats have a shot at yet another NFL record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft