Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfan55

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
so, i'm finally about to graduate
from boston university, school of management

and i may be moving to ny

me and my gf are having some rough times, but she got a job offer in ny, and i havent gotten one yet

being a new englander born and raised i always told her i never wanted to go down to ny or even ct for that matter
but now ive changed my mind

so, for those of you living behind enemy lines, how is it being a die hard boston sports fan there
plus, i may live in the city for a yr or so, how is it there

i would obviously get sunday ticket and prob mlb extra innings, as well as xm satellite radio (for sox games)

its kinda weird right now cuz me and my gf are having problems regarding something other than location, and actually broke up for like two days, but we are prob getting back together
however, we're not sure yet
so, im not really def sure im goin down there yet

maybe ill stop ranting now

anyway, let me know how it is down there following our teams:
do you get a lot of crap from others
can you still follow them as much
and anything else you think i should know
thanks guys

Last edited:
i dont know about NY

But i was born in mass and have to live in Illinois with idiot bears fans. They are truly morons. They talk about Rex Grossman like he is Joe Montana. They rant and rave about his 175 1 td, 2 int performances. I get a lotta **** from them but its probably because i give it out.

The only good thing is that while i was at Illinois state (near U of I) i got to watch the Pats come back in the 4th quarter against the Bears in Champaign in 2002.

And i can drive to INdy to watch Pats cames and i caught the goal line stand with Willie faking injuries 2 yards away from the sideline.

that is the only good thing. You get to go to great away games if you are willing to travel so try to look at the good parts, laugh at the morons, and you have an excuse to go to more bars to catch the games.

I went to school in long island and was in NYC on most weekends and sported my sox and pats hats all the time. Not really a big issue in nyc. too many people that there is something for everyone. you could probably find a sox and pats bar on the internet I imagine.

i've done it for 8 years. The hardest day for me was the day after the 2003 ALCS. The best was the morning after SB 36 and after Game 7 of the 2004 ALCS. It's not easy, but there are plenty of us here.

Mosi Moose said:
i've done it for 8 years. The hardest day for me was the day after the 2003 ALCS. The best was the morning after SB 36 and after Game 7 of the 2004 ALCS. It's not easy, but there are plenty of us here.

Yeah, other that Red Sox/Yanks, it's pretty mellow down there. I lived in LI for two years, and watched the Pats in a Jets bar on Sundays. It's all good. There's enough expats in NY from all over. Just don't make like that Dolphin fan in the old NFL Pro Shop commericals.

dryheat44 said:
Yeah, other that Red Sox/Yanks, it's pretty mellow down there. I lived in LI for two years, and watched the Pats in a Jets bar on Sundays. It's all good. There's enough expats in NY from all over. Just don't make like that Dolphin fan in the old NFL Pro Shop commericals.

ahahh

i actually watched the willie goal line stand game in a bar in long island
i was at my gfs house for thanksgiving and we went to a bar to watch the game
unfortunately that was the only time i ever flew back from ny to boston (my gf does it all the time but i think its a waste of money) and the game was taking too long because of the injury to i think dallas clark
anyway, we had to leave the bar early and i was so pissed
i was talking to my dad in my gfs car over the phone and having him give me a play by play, we got to her house and started getting ready to leave
i ran in and turned on the tv
but i knew it was a long shot
cuz the game being covered was the giants game and it was taking longer the whole time
but somehow, it finished before the pats game and they switched to it right when i got back
i got to watch the last few mins and see my boy willie make one of his most memorable plays ever, i absolutely freaked out
and that was the moment her parents learned that i was a crazy crazy sports freak
(i was actually rolling on the ground flayliing my arms and legs, mustve been some scene), anyway her parents are pretty quiet and very strict since they came over from the phillipines and are very old school, so they really mustve thought it was funny

wow, i can really go on rants
(peter: what the hell does rant mean)

anyway, will i be able to meet guys my age who are also boston sports fans
it would be nice
its funny, being in boston i havent met many
obviously i see them at games and stuff
but at bu, its mostly jets fans, yankees fans, mets fans etc
(ive actually changed my second fav baseball team from the cubs to mets, since my roomate for the last two yrs is a mets fan, and he rooted for the sox during the ws last yr, and cuz pedro is there too though, plus i used to hate the giants, and now i dont mind them, since hes a giants fan)

also,
isnt there a website someone once posted on here that lists the boston themed sports bars around the country
anyone know what im talkin about

patsfan55 said:
ahahh

i actually watched the willie goal line stand game in a bar in long island
i was at my gfs house for thanksgiving and we went to a bar to watch the game
unfortunately that was the only time i ever flew back from ny to boston (my gf does it all the time but i think its a waste of money) and the game was taking too long because of the injury to i think dallas clark
anyway, we had to leave the bar early and i was so pissed
i was talking to my dad in my gfs car over the phone and having him give me a play by play, we got to her house and started getting ready to leave
i ran in and turned on the tv
but i knew it was a long shot
cuz the game being covered was the giants game and it was taking longer the whole time
but somehow, it finished before the pats game and they switched to it right when i got back
i got to watch the last few mins and see my boy willie make one of his most memorable plays ever, i absolutely freaked out
and that was the moment her parents learned that i was a crazy crazy sports freak
(i was actually rolling on the ground flayliing my arms and legs, mustve been some scene), anyway her parents are pretty quiet and very strict since they came over from the phillipines and are very old school, so they really mustve thought it was funny

wow, i can really go on rants
(peter: what the hell does rant mean)

anyway, will i be able to meet guys my age who are also boston sports fans
it would be nice
its funny, being in boston i havent met many
obviously i see them at games and stuff
but at bu, its mostly jets fans, yankees fans, mets fans etc
(ive actually changed my second fav baseball team from the cubs to mets, since my roomate for the last two yrs is a mets fan, and he rooted for the sox during the ws last yr, and cuz pedro is there too though, plus i used to hate the giants, and now i dont mind them, since hes a giants fan)

I lived in Hempstead, around the corner from Parcells. But I watched the games in NYC. My housemate tended bar on Sundays. There were about four other Pats ex-pats I used to watch with.

dryheat44 said:
I lived in Hempstead, around the corner from Parcells. But I watched the games in NYC. My housemate tended bar on Sundays. There were about four other Pats ex-pats I used to watch with.

i think the bar i went to that day was in hempstead

my gfs parents live in east meadow

patsfan55 said:
so, i'm finally about to graduate
from boston university, school of management

its kinda weird right now cuz me and my gf are having problems regarding something other than location, and actually broke up for like two days, but we are prob getting back together
however, we're not sure yet

/quote]

Is it over me?

Last edited:
Seriously. My daughter lived in Brooklyn and Manhattan. Glad she's out of there now.

Anyway, she use to go to this sports bar in Brooklyn for Patriots games. It had a room that was almost totally Patriots fans. If you make it down there post again and I'll try to get the name of it.

PATSNUTme said:
Seriously. My daughter lived in Brooklyn and Manhattan. Glad she's out of there now.

Anyway, she use to go to this sports bar in Brooklyn for Patriots games. It had a room that was almost totally Patriots fans. If you make it down there post again and I'll try to get the name of it.

great, thanks

how come ur glad shes out of there?

patsfan55 said:
great, thanks

how come ur glad shes out of there?

I hate big cities - always have. Fine for a day or two then I want out. There is another reason that I won't go into on this board.

I've seen with people moving there tha NYC has a 5 year shelf life. Either you get fed up with it within 5 years or you stay there for a long time.

PATSNUTme said:
I hate big cities - always have. Fine for a day or two then I want out. There is another reason that I won't go into on this board.

I've seen with people moving there tha NYC has a 5 year shelf life. Either you get fed up with it within 5 years or you stay there for a long time.

well if i went there i wouldnt stay inside the actual city for more than three yrs or so

plus, i love living in big cities anyway
that was one of the big reasons i came to boston university

i grew up in a very small, sheltered, shut off from the rest of the world, suburb with over fourty percent of the population jewish (im jewish, so im not bashing my ppl or anything, just like to be surrounded by other types of ppl) and about 95 percent white

i love the fact that in big cities there are so many diff types of ppl, and i really like the commotion and action

however, there are times i like to settle down and see some trees etc
(there are no trees in boston)
nyc does frighten me though
its not just a big city
its like the big city
and everything seems so fast paced
as much as im used to the city life now, and being in a fast paced place, i really am a slow paced guy

Throw my two cents in here. It's worse in the suburbs. I live in NJ, but in the NY metro area, so you don't get the diversity of the city. This is where people have grown up and stayed. So being a sox/pats fan has been difficult.

Pats, not so much, except for getting lit cigarettes thrown on us at a Jets/Pats game.

Red Sox...well, let's just say that people are not so nice. For example, the day I had on a Red Sox T shirt and I walked into a furniture store and another customer just started to boo me. Not that I cared, but just an example.

Also, I have a Red Sox doormat, so when the food delivery geniuses come, they usually have something to say. Other than that, it's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case