PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - What is the Steelers logo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gr8est

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
OK, I can't be the only person who has ever thought about this. I'm not a member of any Steelers sites, or I'd ask there, but maybe someone here knows. I was driving today and saw a Steelers logo on the car in front of me...where it has "Steelers" in black and then three, 4-pointed star like items down the right side in yellow, red, and blue.

Just what is that supposed to signify? Are those 4-pointed stars supposed to be welding sparks or what. Not a terribly important question, but at the slow time of year I'll throw it out there.

OK, I can't be the only person who has ever thought about this. I'm not a member of any Steelers sites, or I'd ask there, but maybe someone here knows. I was driving today and saw a Steelers logo on the car in front of me...where it has "Steelers" in black and then three, 4-pointed star like items down the right side in yellow, red, and blue.

Just what is that supposed to signify? Are those 4-pointed stars supposed to be welding sparks or what. Not a terribly important question, but at the slow time of year I'll throw it out there.

http://www.steelers.com/tradition/logohistory/

It was the logo for US Steel, which was based in Pittsburgh.

Replace "Steelers" with "Steel" and you'll know what the US Steel logo looked like.

Steelmark_logo.png

Last edited:

I'm answering this off the top of my head, but isn't that an industry logo for Steel, or metal?

Last edited:
Very interesting....I lived in Indiana for 5 years and this was the most common logo I'd seen there....dekalb2vp.jpg
Think they're about due for a uniform change. Any links to a Colts suggestion box?

I'm not sure...but I think that was the original logo for US Steel. ;)

Here I thought it represented the stars Big Ben sees when he wrecks his motorcycle.

It was the logo for United States Steel. I remember thinking back in the late 60's earley 70's why would a football team use a company logo? The steelers must have gotten permision.

Last edited:
ok.. That is the LAST time I want to see that :enranged: logo posted on this site.

alright?
:rocker:

Last edited:
weren't the Chargers named for a credit card company?

What the hell does it matter? We have the sickest logo in all of football anyway...

0217205548_Patriots%20Logo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference