PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Weis crying in South Bend

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has a legitimite point on Tenessee just getting by Alabama.

Surprised he didn't use the word "Tampa" somewhere in those remarks :)

He shouldn't be cryin- he was bailed out by a fluke play and his offense was stopped all day long. They'll probably go up to #5 before being smashed by USC.

Hello Gator Bowl, ND.

Jacky Roberts said:
Interesting read I found this morning. Apparently King Tummy Tuck in South Bend is whining because his "vaunted" Notre Dame football squad dropped in the polls after escaping UCLA at home. Quite ironic he spends time in this story discussing disrespect and, of course, cheeseburgers.
1) He has a legitimate point.
2) He's smart enough to know that a little lobbying in the media can help your position in the polls, so he's decided to do exactly that.

richpats said:
He shouldn't be cryin- he was bailed out by a fluke play and his offense was stopped all day long. They'll probably go up to #5 before being smashed by USC.
You mean the same USC that got bailed out by a fluke play against Washington...?

QuiGon said:
1) He has a legitimate point.
2) He's smart enough to know that a little lobbying in the media can help your position in the polls, so he's decided to do exactly that.

He has a legitimate point? How? They have one quality win vs. GT, got smoked by Michigan at home, needed to come back from a 17 point deficit at a pathetic MSU team, and almost lost at home to UCLA. The fact that this team is in the top 15 is laughable. His "lobbying" is going to backfire after they lose to USC. His arrogance over that program will be reason enough to drop them when they lose again.

Jacky Roberts said:
He has a legitimate point? How? They have one quality win vs. GT, got smoked by Michigan at home, needed to come back from a 17 point deficit at a pathetic MSU team, and almost lost at home to UCLA. The fact that this team is in the top 15 is laughable. His "lobbying" is going to backfire after they lose to USC. His arrogance over that program will be reason enough to drop them when they lose again.
He has a legitimate point because a system is ******ed when you can win a game and still drop in the rankings.

Geez, you're one of those people that really hates Notre Dame, huh...? What happened...? Get picked on by Catholics when you were a kid...?

QuiGon said:
He has a legitimate point because a system is ******ed when you can win a game and still drop in the rankings.

Geez, you're one of those people that really hates Notre Dame, huh...? What happened...? Get picked on by Catholics when you were a kid...?

I find it rib-tickling hillarious that any coach of Notre Dame football whines in a press conference of not getting "respect" and "attention" from the media. Give me a break with this.

I dont dislike Notre Dame at all, I just get infuriated when overrated programs like ND, the Colts, etc get the coverage they do. When one of them whines about attention, it just blows me away.

I'm going to guess that Tummy Tuck didn't cry when the preseason polls came out and ND was ranked higher than Michigan, a team clearly superior to his team.

he has a good point. You got something else to complain about, huh troll?

Jacky Roberts said:

Funny, I seem to remember something about the Patriots needing a safety for a come-from-behind win against Buffalo in Week 1. . . . :rolleyes:

Actually. He has no points. It happens to every teams in NCAA and you don't see them complaining. USC has been winning all their games but you don't see Pete Carroll go to national media and whine about it. West Virginia is undefeated and they got past by Auburn, Florida, and now Michigan, you don't see them whinning about it.

Notre Dame is overrated. They have the easiest road to an automatic BCS bid. They play nobodies - UCLA, Navy, Army, Air Force, North Carolina, Purdue, Stanford, Michigan State (and LOST!) 8 Teams I just named and all they had to do was win one more and are automatically qualified for a BCS bowl, along with $4.5 million dollars.

So no. Charlie doesn't have a point.

Jacky, the next time you're left in wonder at how people think you're a troll, think about this: The topic of this thread could have easily been discussed (the validity of Weis' complaint or not, the college ranking system issues, etc) as an actual football topic. But when you include your immature and smarmy quips about Weis' weight troubles and the nature of his comments (crying) the conversation quickly degrades into 7th grade name calling and other forum antics.

Simply put: You put garbage out, you get garbage in. (an internet message board equivalent of an old mainstay)

Last edited:
Jacky Roberts said:
I find it rib-tickling hillarious that any coach of Notre Dame football whines in a press conference of not getting "respect" and "attention" from the media. Give me a break with this.
Well now you're just completely misrepresenting what he said. Your misrepresentation is probably deliberate, given your clear anti-ND bias and irrational hatred of them.
Jacky Roberts said:
I'm going to guess that Tummy Tuck didn't cry when the preseason polls came out and ND was ranked higher than Michigan, a team clearly superior to his team.
So now you're calling Weis "tummy tuck"..? Wow, it's really a good thing you don't hate ND or anything like that... or else it might lead you to act like a 5 year old...

edgecy said:
Actually. He has no points. It happens to every teams in NCAA and you don't see them complaining.
you must not follow college football if you think Charlie Weis is the first and only coach to complain about the ranking system.
edgecy said:
USC has been winning all their games but you don't see Pete Carroll go to national media and whine about it. West Virginia is undefeated and they got past by Auburn, Florida, and now Michigan, you don't see them whinning about it.
Like I said above, you must not follow college football.
edgecy said:
Notre Dame is overrated. They have the easiest road to an automatic BCS bid. They play nobodies - UCLA, Navy, Army, Air Force, North Carolina, Purdue, Stanford, Michigan State (and LOST!) 8 Teams I just named and all they had to do was win one more and are automatically qualified for a BCS bowl, along with $4.5 million dollars.
ND plays perennial powerhouses every year... Michigan and USC are always on their schedule, as well as other Big-10 schools like Purdue and Michigan State. They play Tennessee a lot, UCLA is oftentimes a good school, Georgia Tech is usually a good school and Penn State is usually a good school.

I challenge you to show me any school that has a tougher schedule than Notre Dame.

What Weis said (direct quote): "One of the teams [Tennessee] that jumped us had the same game that we had. They're down, they're playing at home and they win by a field goal. Another team [Florida] that jumped us wasn't even playing. They were home eating cheeseburgers and they end up jumping us. That befuddles me. Tell me how that works? Maybe I'm just stupid. Tell me how that works?"

What Wacky Jacky said Weis said (direct quote): I find it rib-tickling hillarious that any coach of Notre Dame football whines in a press conference of not getting "respect" and "attention" from the media. Give me a break with this.

That's what we call a disconnect with reality, folks.

Jacky Roberts always has a point of view.

But, most of us can't stick our heads that far up our asses to see it.

QuiGon said:
you must not follow college football if you think Charlie Weis is the first and only coach to complain about the ranking system.
Like I said above, you must not follow college football.
ND plays perennial powerhouses every year... Michigan and USC are always on their schedule, as well as other Big-10 schools like Purdue and Michigan State. They play Tennessee a lot, UCLA is oftentimes a good school, Georgia Tech is usually a good school and Penn State is usually a good school.

I challenge you to show me any school that has a tougher schedule than Notre Dame.

Oh, they complain, but nobody gets as much exposure as ND will ever get. I am from Auburn and Tommy Tuberville is always complaining about SEC's exclusion from the NC, but you don't hear about it.

Just because ND plays a Big-10 school doesn't make them powerhouses. Example: Michigan State. The flaw of your logic is that you think just because a school is usually good doesn't make them good every year. Example: UCLA, Georgia Tech (7-win for the past 4 seasons), Purdue (5 win last year, 2 7-win seasons in the last four years), Penn State ( with the exception of last year have been mediocre for the last 3 seasons)

Why don't you talk about the other teams I had named? Army? Navy? Air Force? North Carolina? Stanford?

The truth of the matter is ND has always played nobodies for the majority of their schedule. I will give them credits for playing the like of Michigan and USC.

I will give you one team who has a tougher schedule, and this is just off of my head: Florida. They had to play LSU, Auburn, Georgia, Tennessee... and those are just the SEC games. Florida has played 3 Top-15 teams, while ND has played only 1 Top-15 and that was Michigan, granted they have not yet played USC.

So, in conclusion, perhaps you should follow college football some more before even attempting to call me out on it.

To drive my point further, here are the 4 of the rankings I found for the BCS.

Jeff Sagarin - 15th ND, 6th FLA, 1st USC
Massey Ratings - 8th ND, 3rd FLA
Anderson Sports - 8th ND, 2nd FLA
Colley Matrix - 18th ND, 10th FLA

As you can see, plenty of teams are above ND. 15th in JS, 8th in MR, 8th in AS, 18th in CM. Florida ranks at least 10th. With 2 rankings in 3rd and 2nd.

'Nuff said.

I would love to play ND again, for the national title. Get a second chance to hang 50 on them.

Michigan Dave said:
I would love to play ND again, for the national title. Get a second chance to hang 50 on them.
Just worry about Ohio State - we don't need them winning another National Championship :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes