PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Urgent trade help!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

midwestpatsfan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Sorry up front for all those who don't like fantasy football questions, but this does involve a new england patriot player.
I have been offered a trade of Corey Dillon for Mushin Muhammid and Jeff Elam.

I already have Shaun Alexander and Brian Westbrook for runningbacks and Keyshawn johnson, Donald Driver, and Javon Walker as WRs

So, would Dillon help my team or will he slowly loose touches and TD's to Maroney, or is this just too good of a trade to pass up.

Thanks for the advice.

I'd rather have Dillon than Westbrook personally. And even if he does lose touches to Maroney, he's worth more than Mooshy and a kicker in my opinion.

I think so too. The beauty of the league is we have one spot for a wr/rb so I could play all 3 and put up some big numbers.

I'm unclear as to if you're giving up Dillon or trying to get him.

My feeling is CD is going to have fantasy value all year long. I like Muhammad a lot but even in the platoon situation Dillon is likely to see more touches per game than him.

Also, unless you're in a 32 team league there's no need to trade for a kicker.

I wouldn't do it. Running backs are more valuable than receivers period. Unless your league doesn't play a flex position AND your kicker is awful (in which case Elam, and I assume you mean Jason, would be an upgrade), I wouldn't even consider it.

Don't do it.

I'm looking at the thread saying ... "please don't let this be a fantasy football question, please don't let this be a fantasy football question..."

Open the thread - yup, a fantasy football question.

Recognizing that Fantasy Football is popular with many, I think it'd be great if we had a separate forum for these questions that fans have, as there are so many....

What I wouldn't want to see is the first page get bogged down with "fantasy" issues when "real" football is the interest of most here.

Just my opinion - I could be wrong and there's a lot of people who wouldn't mind seeing a lot more fantasy football debate on the main board.

Sorry for the confusion but if I do this trade I would be getting Dillon and giving up moose and elam. So as I read those comments, you then would do that trade.

midwestpatsfan said:
Sorry for the confusion but if I do this trade I would be getting Dillon and giving up moose and elam. So as I read those comments, you then would do that trade.

Absolutely do it then, provided you can find a half decent kicker on the waiver wire or in trade. Westbrook tends to be fragile, and Dillon will produce around the goalline. If your league allows a flex position, play Dillon there, along with your two other backs.

JoeSixPat said:
Recognizing that Fantasy Football is popular with many, I think it'd be great if we had a separate forum for these questions that fans have, as there are so many....

I've been thinking of suggesting this, but feared being called "forum police"!

There are far more fantasy threads this year than in the past, and they generally get an enthusiastic response. In fact, I bet a separate forum would be a relief for people who would like to post more FF questions but realize it's OT. Plus you get the fans of other teams who want local insight on Pats players for their fantasy teams, etc. In short, PatsFans.com is a natural place to want to discuss fantasy football.

But it really doesn't belong in the main Patriots discussion forum. Really, really. Seriously. So any way...new forum, anybody?

JoeSixPat said:
I'm looking at the thread saying ... "please don't let this be a fantasy football question, please don't let this be a fantasy football question..."

Open the thread - yup, a fantasy football question.

What I wouldn't want to see is the first page get bogged down with "fantasy" issues when "real" football is the interest of most here.

Just my opinion - I could be wrong and there's a lot of people who wouldn't mind seeing a lot more fantasy football debate on the main board.

Yes, I agree with Joe.

We deal with REAL football here. Strategy. Tactics. Injuries. Philosophies. From the mundane to the arcane. But it's all about REAL football. Few have any inclination here to indulge in things fantasy (be it football or otherwise!). If they do, they usually take that stuff elsewhere.

If you can talk the Powers-That-Be on this site to have a parallel fantasy board to handle questions and interests like yours, great! I'm all for it.

But not on this board.

Try to get a better fantasy WR than Muhammad. I would trade Dillon though. I think Maroney is slowly going to push him out. You already have two top 10 RB's anyway, so Dillon is expendable. I'm learning the hard way in the PatsFans league that just becuse you have four top RB's doesn't mean your team is going to win.

patchick said:
I've been thinking of suggesting this, but feared being called "forum police"!

There are far more fantasy threads this year than in the past, and they generally get an enthusiastic response. In fact, I bet a separate forum would be a relief for people who would like to post more FF questions but realize it's OT. Plus you get the fans of other teams who want local insight on Pats players for their fantasy teams, etc. In short, PatsFans.com is a natural place to want to discuss fantasy football.

But it really doesn't belong in the main Patriots discussion forum. Really, really. Seriously. So any way...new forum, anybody?

:rocker:Couldn't agree more.

Some other team message boards do have separate forums for fanasty geeks.

another thing for Ian's to do list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back