PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Tyrann Mathieu Extended

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsBoy12

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Somewhat relevant since we'll face the Bird Gang Week 1...without our true field general. He'll probably see time against both TE's.

This is good news for Eric Berry.

He'd have looked damn good in a Patriots uniform. Congrats to him on the deal.

After watching that Amazon series "All or Nothing", I have even more respect for the Cardinals as an organization, especially even more respect for the Honey Badger. Very well deserved. Prime example of someone who took advantage of a second chance. Plus he is one of the most versatile DBs in the NFL...he can play the nickel and safety; always around the football, and a great blitzer too.

Coming off an ACL injury too. Clearly he must have made a perfect recovery.

Like McCourty?

Seeing how they let DMC hit FA they didn't lock him up before he hit FA.

With that said they did lock him up on a multiyear deal.

Somewhat relevant since we'll face the Bird Gang Week 1...without our true field general. He'll probably see time against both TE's.

Still a question on if he will even be ready for Week 1.

Well this just blew the top off the safety market. The next guy up for a big contract (probably Eric Berry next March) is going to love being able to point to a $12.5 million yearly average instead of just Harrison Smith's $10.25 million.

Still a question on if he will even be ready for Week 1.
They must feel good about his chances and/or how he's looking to lock him up now as opposed to waiting.

Kid had 'question marks' during the draft, didn't he?

Sure turned into one hell of a leader.

Kid had 'question marks' during the draft, didn't he?

Sure turned into one hell of a leader.
A lot of question marks. It's no surprise that Arizona was the most comfortable with him, because they're the only team that had Patrick Peterson there to guide Mathieu those first few years when he needed it.

I always thought intangibles were somewhat overrated, but this guy has them in spades, there's no denying that.

My wife and I are watching All or Nothing right now. Mathieu seems to have found the right environment to allow his skills to flourish. Good for him on the payday.

Also, as an aside, although the Cardinals come across as a likeable and earnest organization, the level of coaching is pretty basic. BB can run circles around BA before he's even had breakfast. Patriots are a deeper, smarter, better prepared team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST