PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Tuukka quits again

Let's all hope that this is the For Real, Actual Retirement... and I'll leave it at that.

Huge difference between quitting and being unable to play at an NHL level because of injury. Rask has been an exceptional goaltender who has taken way too much criticism from fans and media.

Huge difference between quitting and being unable to play at an NHL level because of injury. Rask has been an exceptional goaltender who has taken way too much criticism from fans and media.

Pukka's the biggest fuc-king choke artist goaltender in the history of the Bruins. He was better than the guy they gave up for him, and that's it.

If not for Tim Thomas having arguably the single greatest playoff run a goalie has ever had this current era of the Bruins, from 2008 to now, would be one of the single most underperforming and disappointing pro sports teams in history. I’m pretty sure no team won as many regular season games in that span as the Bruins.

Pukka's the biggest fuc-king choke artist goaltender in the history of the Bruins. He was better than the guy they gave up for him, and that's it.
Is Lundquist a choke artist too?

Thank god they didn't trade swayman. And hopefully god willing they don't trade Fabian lysell either. He's reportedly tearing it up. They need to start keeping their picks. And not trading them at the deadline. It's time to start planning for life after Bergeron and marchand.

“Why is this on the main board?”

This will be a lesson to all the snowflakes out there.

Never quit on your team if you are physically able to go in the post season. Now Rask cant go because its over.

Nope.

When needed the most, great goalies lift their teams to another level.

That's not Rask.
Rask was a great goalie in the regular season. Unfortunately he was the goalie equivalent of last years defense. Great stats, did not come through when it counted.

Rask was a great goalie in the regular season. Unfortunately he was the goalie equivalent of last years defense. Great stats, did not come through when it counted.
Rask had a more than fine NHL career. He just wasn't a closer.

I think part of the problem was expectations as he came right after a 2X Vezina and 1X Conn Smyth winner who stood on his head in 2011 and willed a team to a Stanley Cup.

Tukka was the Greatest of All Time in losing big games but losing in just such a way each and every time with some level of plausible deniability of “well that goal wasn’t really his fault, I mean he can’t make every stop.”

Tuuka Rask could bring you to the dance but could never seal the deal. Game 6 vs Chicago was one of the all time greatest goaltender chokes of all time. Up 2-1 with inside 1 minute to go, Rask lets in 2 goals to lose the game and the Cup. Home ice, Game 7 vs St Louis and this f ing bum turns into a sieve and chokes again.
Lets not forget this a s s h o l e quit on his team in the bubble.
Rask will forever be the guy who put up impressive #s but could never win the big game when he needed to win the big game. He never delivered the command performance when the Bruins needed. There was never a shutout in a game 7, there was never standing on his head down 3-2 in a series to win the series - never.
I've seen better big game Stanley Cup goaltending from mediocre guys.
in both of his Cup runs Rask won a game 7 twice, both in the first round vs Toronto, and in 2013 it took a miracle finish after he leaked 4 goals.
I'm happy he's gone, I just hope they don't lose Bergeron because reporters were saying the only reason the club brought back Rask was to make Bergeron happy.....Go back to Finland Tuuka....

Last edited:

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back