PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Trevor Siemian named Broncos Starting QB Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I think it's way too early to count Denver out. No matter what Siemian will be an upgrade to Peyton Manning last year and they retained most of their defensive core (notably, Von, CHJ, Wolfe, etc.). Even if they don't get lucky with injuries like last year they will be competitive.

Their D is unreal and siemian didn't look half bad on saturday.
alot better then Goff.

I think Goff is a bust. Our organization wasted a bunch of picks on him too. Sieman was like a 7th rounder?

:(

Sanchez was pretty much handed a dream scenario

Super Bowl champs with two top 20 WR's
The best defense in the NFL
Competing against 2 guys who have never thrown a pass in the NFL

And he still blew it

Broncos are replacing two 40m$ worth of QB's for two new guys with low rookie salaries and they still look like contenders. That's impressive no matter what we think about last year's PM or Oss. Instead of +- 20m$ for starting QB they got starter and back up for combined 1m$.

They both looked solid the other night (with a little help of CJ Anderson) but it is a huge risk going with two guys that never played. If nothing else lots of ups and downs so despite the initial optimism from their part its going to be a rough ride.

I look forward watching them against all the D looks BB&MO throw at them.

I see Lynch being named the starter at some point in the season.

I was so hopeful that Denver would try to win with Sanchez. Oh well.

My new theory is that they just signed Sanchez as a TC body, to make Siemian look good by comparison. Best way to win the support of his teammates through sleight-of-hand psychology... anchor the team on the thought of playing behind the buttfumble, and anyone is an upgrade. Easier to follow Sanchez than try to play in the shadow of the memory of Peyton.

Their D is unreal and siemian didn't look half bad on saturday.
Exactly. With the way DEN won despite their poor QB play last year, Siemian may not be that big of a hindrance. I think they'll take a step or two back, but I'm not sure I'd be counting them out.

Come opening night, we really have no idea if he'll throw for 300 yards or 3 picks. For all I know there was a similar thread about Brady on a rival team's board back in '01.

Exactly. With the way DEN won despite their poor QB play last year, Siemian may not be that big of a hindrance. I think they'll take a step or two back, but I'm not sure I'd be counting them out.

Come opening night, we really have no idea if he'll throw for 300 yards or 3 picks. For all I know there was a similar thread about Brady on a rival team's board back in '01.

Agreed. But consistency will be a problem. Plus - last year they had a lot of luck, played and won many close games. Not every QB debutant is Tom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft