PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: TB12's agent Donald Yee Blasts NCAA For Economic and Racial Discrimination

Status
Not open for further replies.
College is not cheap, so technically, the colleges are paying them to play football by paying for their education and dorms. These boys would never even make it to the pros without the NCAA's partnership with the league. The majority of them would be scrubbing floors at McDonalds or waiting for baby mama, or their mother to take care of their sorry tails. They should be grateful that they are given an opportunity to succeed athletically and academically through college. I've seen boys play semi-pro football and half of them got more talent in their toes than half of these college players.

Why shouldn't people make the same argument for lawyers, actors, doctors. Many people choose certain colleges because of the reputation of its students. Why shouldn't they pay Dr. Whoever for promoting the college in his office, where he hangs his degree, loud and proud, on his walls, basically advertising the college. I should ask to be paid for contributing to the school paper at my college.

I like Yee, but he's wrong. I hate that he tried to use the slavery angle on young blacks to get a reaction out of them, because 80% or more of these players are black. It was desperate, in my opinion. He knows the history of college ball. He knows white players played too and didn't get paid. He also knows that whites exceed at other sports, outside of football and basketball and still don't get paid. What about the cheerleaders, should schools pay them too?

Everything is about the almighty dollar now. I can't believe Yee would even stoop to such a low. If they start paying college students, it won't be long before high school football players are demanding checks.

College is not cheap, so technically, the colleges are paying them to play football by paying for their education and dorms. These boys would never even make it to the pros without the NCAA's partnership with the league. The majority of them would be scrubbing floors at McDonalds or waiting for baby mama, or their mother to take care of their sorry tails. They should be grateful that they are given an opportunity to succeed athletically and academically through college. I've seen boys play semi-pro football and half of them got more talent in their toes than half of these college players.

Why shouldn't people make the same argument for lawyers, actors, doctors. Many people choose certain colleges because of the reputation of its students. Why shouldn't they pay Dr. Whoever for promoting the college in his office, where he hangs his degree, loud and proud, on his walls, basically advertising the college. I should ask to be paid for contributing to the school paper at my college.

I like Yee, but he's wrong. I hate that he tried to use the slavery angle on young blacks to get a reaction out of them, because 80% or more of these players are black. It was desperate, in my opinion. He knows the history of college ball. He knows white players played too and didn't get paid. He also knows that whites exceed at other sports, outside of football and basketball and still don't get paid. What about the cheerleaders, should schools pay them too?

Everything is about the almighty dollar now. I can't believe Yee would even stoop to such a low. If they start paying college students, it won't be long before high school football players are demanding checks.
Do doctors get their schools multi million dollar tv deals? And why are you trying to make it weird with the stuff about white players in the past?

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back