PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Remember Robert Edwards? Return of Beach Football

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
From Curtis leaving to Robert getting injured, this was the beginning of the end for Carroll and Grier. Edwards was okay his rookie year, but I think he would've struggled in year 2 with the terrible O-line, but would've reemerged when the O-line stabilized in 2001.

From Curtis leaving to Robert getting injured, this was the beginning of the end for Carroll and Grier. Edwards was okay his rookie year, but I think he would've struggled in year 2 with the terrible O-line, but would've reemerged when the O-line stabilized in 2001.
Edwards was more than ok his rookie year. He made the 1998 all rookie team, the other RB being Fred Taylor from the Jags

I remember being so excited over him and Tebucky on draft day. Thought Tebucky would shine under Carroll and then he had no idea how to utilize him.
2 straight years we had 1st rounders who's careers were cut short, Edwards and Katzenmoyer the next year. Grier was pretty bad post 1996, but we also had alot of bad luck in the late 90s.

I remember being so excited over him and Tebucky on draft day. Thought Tebucky would shine under Carroll and then he had no idea how to utilize him.
2 straight years we had 1st rounders who's careers were cut short, Edwards and Katzenmoyer the next year. Grier was pretty bad post 1996, but we also had alot of bad luck in the late 90s.
I remember that, and actually thinking, "well if the breaks even out, we'd better be getting a BIG break in this draft business, we're kind of due." Although not at QB, of course, we were set, we had DREW!

Edwards was more than ok his rookie year. He made the 1998 all rookie team, the other RB being Fred Taylor from the Jags
Yes, crossing the 1,000 yard mark for RB's was quite the achievement back then as defenses were built to stop the run. I just didn't see much that "wowed" you from him.
I remember Jones being a controversial pick as he was viewed as too tall and bulky to play the position. Also, they already had Ty Law and Steve Israel just drafted Chris Canty in 1997.

I liked Katzenmoyer and he had a promising rookie season contrary to popular belief that he was a massive bust.

Last edited:

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back