PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Red Sox-Yankees 2004 (last pitch of every at bat)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their offense has come on of late, but "lights out" seems hyperbolic.

This series will come down to one thing... home runs. The Yankees simply cannot generate runs without putting it out of the park and their starting pitching isn't good enough to hold Boston to under ~4 runs a game. NY has a big bullpen advantage, but it won't even come into play if they aren't averaging two home runs a a game.
The problem is that the Red Sox starting pitching has a habit of ****ting the bed when it matters the most.

The problem is that the Red Sox starting pitching has a habit of ****ting the bed when it matters the most.
There isn't a single Red Sox starter or RP that has a track record of success in the playoffs.

At least in 04 you had Curt, Pedro, Wake, Timlin, Embree with some level of success. Even Drunk Derek had playoff success.

This 2018 pitching staff?.....nothing.

There isn't a single Red Sox starter or RP that has a track record of success in the playoffs.

At least in 04 you had Curt, Pedro, Wake, Timlin, Embree with some level of success. Even Drunk Derek had playoff success.

This 2018 pitching staff?.....nothing.

Well... they make a ton of money. So there's that.

Rays fan here, I told everyone that Price was a horrible signing. They can't play that guy at Yankee stadium. Only time I can recall him delivering in a big game was a play in game vs Texas (2013 I think?).

Rays fan here, I told everyone that Price was a horrible signing. They can't play that guy at Yankee stadium. Only time I can recall him delivering in a big game was a play in game vs Texas (2013 I think?).
In 9 postseason starts he's only been real good once. DET 2014 vs BAL

In 9 postseason starts he's only been real good once. DET 2014 vs BAL
How many of these big money guys really pan out? Not even half? The best Sox are always the home grown ones.

How many of these big money guys really pan out? Not even half? The best Sox are always the home grown ones.
Schilling and Pedro panned out. Lackey had one good year. To your point few.

Idiot Cherrington and Lucchino should have kept Jon Lester

Schilling and Pedro panned out. Lackey had one good year. To your point few.

Idiot Cherrington and Lucchino should have kept Jon Lester
Wasn’t Lackey sorta like Price and he finally delivered to win the title?

Price won't pitch in NY - Sale, Price, Porcello, Eovaldi/Rodriguez, all hands on deck for game 5 at Fenway

Wasn’t Lackey sorta like Price and he finally delivered to win the title?
Yep. Big money signing. Had a couple of decent years but it's fair to say he did not live up to his contract here

Lol... not many of them on the horizon in the near future. Anyway, it’s looking like Price will be on the mound in Game 2. I’m thinking he’s pulled by the 3rd inning.

Price won't pitch in NY - Sale, Price, Porcello, Eovaldi/Rodriguez, all hands on deck for game 5 at Fenway
Pathetic that this team has to worry about putting their highest paid pitcher on the mound in New York.

Also, JA Happ is like 3 or 4-1 with a 1.95 era vs the Red Sox. He's going game one...I don't have much faith in Sale, considering he topped out at 90 his last start...Sale was gassed last year come late August and the same thing happened again...

Lol... not many of them on the horizon in the near future. Anyway, it’s looking like Price will be on the mound in Game 2. I’m thinking he’s pulled by the 3rd inning.
I can’t wait to bet vs Price game 2.

That Game 7 was the most delicious thing ever.

Bold prediction - Price pitches "better" than Sale....

That Game 7 was the most delicious thing ever.

For me it was the bloody sock game 6....

I was at a weekly team darts match up at a bar....and as the game progressed...we all stopped playing darts and drank heavily....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST