PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Randy Moss says he is the GOAT WR

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score

I think he was the most feared. 0 Super Bowl rings though.

TO as the second best over Rice? That's a really warm take.

Had Moss came down with that pass in the 2007 Super Bowl, we'd have a different conversation. Had he scored, this might not have been debatable. Always thought he mistimed that jumped/didn't reach out enough.

Reactions: sb1
Really? Moss often checked out during games. Rice gave 110 percent every play.

Id take it. Not just the big plays he made but the overall effect moss had on defenses was immeasurable. He was the focal point on 2 of the greatest offenses of all time, one with randall cunningham on his last legs as qb.

I'm fine with that take. Rice is overrated, although he stayed healthy and had a strong work ethic. I don't think he hit Randy's heights, though. His stats are mind-blowing, but I'd rather have Randy for a game.

Rice also used stick em after it got banned...he had an average rookie season then all of sudden he became great

Rice also used stick em after it got banned...he had an average rookie season then all of sudden he became great
The stickum thing is probably real, but you've just described the career trajectory of just about every good player.

It wasn’t so much he used stickum it was the hypocrisy of calling the Patriots cheaters when he admitted he used stickum to get an edge which was not legal. Kudos to Florio of all people for calling it out.

I think this is a case of greatest vs. most talented. Then again, I have no qualms with anyone saying Moss is the greatest. I believe it myself, but Rice did have the more decorated career. He truly was incredible. Was it his first game where he had 3 catches for 160+ yds and 3 TDs?

He also helped Brady have that stupid statline against the Dolphins... 11/11 220yds 4TDs and a 158.3 passer rating lol.

Not that stats are everything. But my goodness could that man produce in just about every condition..

I really miss the Brady to Moss connection.

And to think, there was brief moment in 2010 where this team had Wes Welker, Randy Moss, Gronk, the other really high producing TE whose name we redact, and Edleman. That's absurd haha.

I'm fine with that take. Rice is overrated, although he stayed healthy and had a strong work ethic. I don't think he hit Randy's heights, though. His stats are mind-blowing, but I'd rather have Randy for a game.
Love me some Moss. But you could depend on Rice every Sunday. That strong work ethic shouldn’t be dismissed as secondary. Truth is : on some Sundays (though rarely when with BB), Moss was more of an immature headache. His antics detracted from his out-of-worldly skills.

I wonder : if 40 year old Moss had 20 year old Moss’ body - he might’ve never been a Patriot. His antics (that I referenced as a negative) are exactly what made him available.

The age old debate.

I'm probably biased because I'm a big Randy Moss fan, but his receiving skills and physical attributes are why I would pick Randy in his prime for any one game.

Jerry Rice does seem like he worked harder, may have been a better teammate, and still put up stats (and rings).

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back