PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Raiders give Janikowski richest contract for kicker in NFL history

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco Volante

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
NFL.com

Sebastian Janikowski and the Oakland Raiders agreed on a four-year, $16 million contract that is the richest for a kicker in NFL history, the team said Tuesday.

Janikowski will be guaranteed $9 million in the deal

The Raiders now have now given out contracts for the highest paid kicker, punter and defensive back in NFL history, all within the last 3 years.

Last edited:
Re: OT: Raiders sign Janikowski to richest contract ever for kicker

crap, I can imagine what Ghost will expect now :eek:

Janikowski must be happy. Now he can eat all of the McDonald's hamburgers that he likes.

Oh that pick is looking better and better.

When Al Davis croaks, the Raiders will be an AFC Powerhouse. He may be immortal though.:D

This may sound ridiculous to most of the people on this forum, but that team is a season of solid QB play away from winning the AFC West.

This may sound ridiculous to most of the people on this forum, but that team is a season of solid QB play away from winning the AFC West.

I completely agree. I think a Gradcowski led Raiders team could go 10-6. That's a team with a good defense, good runninggame, but the worst starter in the nfl named Mr. Russell.

I completely agree. I think a Gradcowski led Raiders team could go 10-6. That's a team with a good defense, good runninggame, but the worst starter in the nfl named Mr. Russell.
nfl-draft-party-fat-joe-jamarcus-russell.jpg

You're talking about Captain Bling Flog right :D

Last edited:
I think that the 9 million in guarantees consists of
2010 $2 million salary
2010 $4.4 million signing bonus
2011 $2.6 million salary

We can add d lineman to that list this offseason

What the hell is going on over there? That doesn't bode well for coming to terms with ghost this offseason. Guess we'll have to tender him or let him walk.

What the hell is going on over there? That doesn't bode well for coming to terms with ghost this offseason. Guess we'll have to tender him or let him walk.

No one else is going to pay that kind of money to a kicker.

To put this in perspective, the top salary cap hits for P/Ks looks like this:

5. Robbie Gould, CHI, $2.7M/yr
4. Josh Brown, STL, $2.8M/yr
3. Rob Bironas, TEN, $3.0M/yr
2. Shane Lechler, OAK, $4.0M/yr
1. Sebastian Janikowski, OAK, $4.0M/yr

OAK is 25% above any other team in the NFL. It's not clear any other team is willing to cough up that kind of dough for a kicker. More importantly, it's not at all clear that Gostkowski wants to be "the highest-paid kicker in the game."

After watching the Playoffs this year, I dont blame them.

I didn't say Ghost wanted to be the highest paid, but when teams raise the bar like that it does not help the rest of the teams in the league. For example: I think it is safe to say that Washington throwing Haynesworth all that money last year is certainly not helping the Wilfork situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes