PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Postgame scribbles - Am I dreaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagle eye

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I tried to sleep, but I'm just too excited after what happened last night. I tried to sleep for three hours but I'm too happy to sleep.

Actually maybe I'm just having my best dream since 2004. Look what I'm reading!

Alex Marvez. Peyton Manning has an unhappy Super Bowl ending - NFL News - FOX Sports on MSN
Manning, though, has only himself to blame for the mistake that ultimately doomed the Colts.

Jean Tacques-Taylor Peyton Manning not ready to join greats yet | NFL News | Sports News | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News
He's the best regular-season quarterback in NFL history, but great players in any league forge their reputations in the postseason.

Brian DiTullio Super Bowl XLIV: Peyton Manning's Legacy Forever Tarnished | Bleacher Report
Unfortunately, like Favre, Manning also will be known for throwing postseason interceptions at the worst possible times.

Jason Whitlock Saints trash Peyton Manning’s legacy - KansasCity.com
No way Brady, Montana or Elway throws the Favrelike interception Manning uncorked Sunday night. And no way can you compare the Colts to the any of the great football dynasties.

Bias aside, Manning had a great game. With momentum completely against him and his team in the third quarter he responded with one of the most exciting drives I've ever seen. The Saints are just an overall more talented team that played a pretty close to perfect game.

Bias aside, Manning had a great game. With momentum completely against him and his team in the third quarter he responded with one of the most exciting drives I've ever seen. The Saints are just an overall more talented team that played a pretty close to perfect game.

I don't think Manning had a great game. He had a good competent game and would have won the MVP if the Colts had won it but he wasn't great even before the interception. I still think he is one of the top ten best qb's ever to have played and arguably the greatest of his time but not the GOAT.

What a delicious feeling this a.m. It's a combination of of pure delight and Schadenfreude.

How many of those pundits who were getting ready to crown Manning the GOAT had to swallow hard and anoint him the "goat?"

I'm talking to you Shagnasty and Miserotti.

Once again CHFF does its homework and gets it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back