PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: PFT redesign

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Complete trash IMO. Way harder to navigate compared to the older layout and the ads at the bottom are ridiculous. Can't even register there with a gmail address lol.

Can't find comments either. Maybe they pulled the plug on those.

He did it to bring it more in line with the template used by NBCSports.com which is, IMHO, the worst designed sports website amongst the major players.

Times change....(shrugs)

It looked OK on my laptop screen here...haven't tried using it on a mobile device. Am sure they will iron out all the kinks....

Complete trash IMO. Way harder to navigate compared to the older layout and the ads at the bottom are ridiculous. Can't even register there with a gmail address lol.

They likely did it to speed up the load time, which they did accomplish…it loads super quick compared to previously and that’s certainly a big deal on mobile. Although, now I noticed they’re favoring video content first followed by the normal entries, which I get, there’s zero money in display ads so now video ads are where most of it is being allocated to.

Obviously, they need to fix the font size, but aside from what I mentioned, I’m sure that was the reason behind the change. Speed is a big deal in search metrics and it does look like they accomplished that.

But Mike absolutely cares and he’s big in making sure the user experience is good, so I’m guessing he’ll provide some feedback as he hears from people. That’s always been one thing I’ve admired about him as he’s always put that first, which is definitely a good thing.

He did it to bring it more in line with the template used by NBCSports.com which is, IMHO, the worst designed sports website amongst the major players.
People don’t do very much “cool” or interesting anymore compared to years ago. Back in the late 90s, early 2000s people used to be pretty innovative design-wise. But with the focus shifting so much to mobile, it’s just tough to really do and that’s why so much everywhere essentially looks the same.

People still read PFT?

I remember when NFL.com did their redesign and made it so the scores for all the games would no longer fit horizontally and needed arrows :poop:
The most frustrating part was when the Patriots' site had to fall under their blanket template. The team's site was miles ahead of everyone else's and had been since the beginning and it was disappointing to see that come to an end.

The Patriots comments on PFT are gold...

Last edited:
They likely did it to speed up the load time, which they did accomplish…it loads super quick compared to previously and that’s certainly a big deal on mobile. Although, now I noticed they’re favoring video content first followed by the normal entries, which I get, there’s zero money in display ads so now video ads are where most of it is being allocated to.

Obviously, they need to fix the font size, but aside from what I mentioned, I’m sure that was the reason behind the change. Speed is a big deal in search metrics and it does look like they accomplished that.

But Mike absolutely cares and he’s big in making sure the user experience is good, so I’m guessing he’ll provide some feedback as he hears from people. That’s always been one thing I’ve admired about him as he’s always put that first, which is definitely a good thing.
That's true. I found it was also very data heavy with the old format and not sure why...it's interesting they are now focusing on video content over other types.

If they nuked comments I would think Florio would have something to say about that soon. I think they had considered that move a while ago but fans didn't like the idea.

The most frustrating part was when the Patriots' site had to fall under their blanket template. The team's site was miles ahead of everyone else's and had been since the beginning and it was disappointing to see that come to an end.
The Pats used to have a wicked website... I absolutely loved those forums... we even had a get together one year... live and in person... Information galore, if you knew where it was hiding... used to be able to download the pregame and post game pdfs... The alumni section rocked, with bios (ok some were stubs) of every player in Pats history... good stuff...

Ads? EEK! :eek:

no offense, but what are you doing poking around on the net without an ad-blocker?

---------------

i still read pft... its quick and easy... by read i mean basically scroll thru the head lines unless something good is up... There was a time Florio was pretty cool... used to actually answer emails... but hes a Big Head Todd now... comes off as a jerk most of the time

I agree. It looks like such hot garbage. Very disappointing considering they are tied to such a large company like NBC. Gives off Walter Football vibes.

Well, I loved the comment section…..oh well….

It is the way things are going….comment sections are disappearing online…and there just ain’t many online forums anymore…. everything is being reduced to Facebook/IG/Twitter comments or emoticon reactions….

RIP PFT comments. Looks like the trolls and haters that lived there 24/7 will have to find a new hobby.
I laughed so hard when I saw Florio got rid of the comments section. I bet all the “frequent flyers” there will end up flooding forums like this now. The fact he used Belichick as the photo is no coincidence.

Well, I loved the comment section…..oh well….

It is the way things are going….comment sections are disappearing online…and there just ain’t many online forums anymore…. everything is being reduced to Facebook/IG/Twitter comments or emoticon reactions….

80% of the reason why I go to PFT is for the comments.

Also, is there a reason why you have me blocked @Ross12 ? Are you allowed to do that as a moderator? LOL

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back